LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
its gonna be a loooooong season....

It will only be bad if the Kings screw up and win too many games. In the NBA you have to be really great or so bad that you can get elite players. Finishing with the 8th worst record this year and not moving up in the lottery would be really bad for this franchise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pdizo916:
its gonna be a loooooong season....

aren't they all, lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Just listening to a little khtk and friggin Deuce Mason just said Derrick Williams reminds him of James Johnson lmao wtf
Originally posted by Muggins:
Just listening to a little khtk and friggin Deuce Mason just said Derrick Williams reminds him of James Johnson lmao wtf

Ew. He's way more athletic and explosive though
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Pete D'Alessandro, "We owe it to the fans of Sacramento to be aggressive."

Beautiful quote from Petey. We are used to mediocre players so we get overly attached to them. Case in point, JT. Most Kings fans love him and don't want him moved. But, he is easily replacable and should be moved if the right oppurtunity arises. I think we have two or maybe three untouchables (just because IT is SUCH a fan favorite). We should be aggressive and I love this mindset from our GM.

Well, to be honest, it's how they built the first powerhouse that turned into a title contender. Nobody wanted a head case like Chris Webber, so Sacramento was able to trade for him. The same was true with Bibby. Peja, I believe, was really the only draft pick. And his best years were as a Sacramento King. He wasn't as effective elsewhere.

Unfortunately, it all came falling apart when Webber's knee gave out. He was never the same. Neither were the Kings.

But, point is, we traded to get those pieces. With the right front office and the right moves -- we can do it again. I still think DeMarcus is untouchable. He's going to be the best center in the NBA one of these days. Those kinds of players don't fall off the apple cart every day.

Deuce is cool, but he says a lot of dumb s**t. He loves Marcus Thornton. He says a lot of stuff you'll hear from the guy next to you at the sports bar.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Deuce is cool, but he says a lot of dumb s**t. He loves Marcus Thornton. He says a lot of stuff you'll hear from the guy next to you at the sports bar.

Agree. I'm not a fan of his at all. Same with Keith Brooks in the morning. hate that f**ker.
Agree. I'm not a fan of his at all. Same with Keith Brooks in the morning. hate that f**ker.

My god, Keith Brooks is horrid. You can tell he has been watching way more sports. Dude is still a Vanilla Ice type guy, but early on he knew absolutely NOTHING about sports. It was pathetic. Now he at least knows who won the big game last night lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

My god, Keith Brooks is horrid. You can tell he has been watching way more sports. Dude is still a Vanilla Ice type guy, but early on he knew absolutely NOTHING about sports. It was pathetic. Now he at least knows who won the big game last night lol

lol Yeah he has picked up his sports game. Early on it was like WHAT THE FUK THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE

I should add that he has grown on me a little bit but I'm still ticked that khtk fired Don Geronimo. I know Don is not for everyone but they could have moved Don to evenings or something. Or just kept him at that Noon slot where he killed it for so many years.

lol Yeah he has picked up his sports game. Early on it was like WHAT THE FUK THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE

I should add that he has grown on me a little bit but I'm still ticked that khtk fired Don Geronimo. I know Don is not for everyone but they could have moved Don to evenings or something. Or just kept him at that Noon slot where he killed it for so many years.

In the radio game -- it's not about talent or knowledge -- it's all about the money. And Keith Brooks is costing the station less than one-tenth of what Don Geronimo was costing them.

So the station owner makes a little more coin. They don't give a rat's butt about you, the listener.

Until you stop listening, that is. Then, and only then, do they sit up, take notice and kiss keester.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

In the radio game -- it's not about talent or knowledge -- it's all about the money. And Keith Brooks is costing the station less than one-tenth of what Don Geronimo was costing them.

So the station owner makes a little more coin. They don't give a rat's butt about you, the listener.

Until you stop listening, that is. Then, and only then, do they sit up, take notice and kiss keester.

Well they actually asked Don if he would do more of a Sports show and he said he would and then wjfk asked if he wanted to come back to Washington DC and he did that instead. At least that's what Don said. I still listen to his show on wjfk sometimes.. in fact it usually starts right about now.

Aldo, don't they have to still pay his contract anyway? Why cut him loose early.

You know he had way more listeners than Deuce f**king Mason.
[ Edited by Muggins on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Vivek already got Derrick Williams "Vivek-ing"

So the shaka is vivek-ing?
Derrick Williams was one of the few NCAA players i enjoyed watching. Very happy with him on the squad!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So the shaka is vivek-ing?

We call it that in Kings land because he's the owner of the Kings and he does that and every photo he's in.
Share 49ersWebzone