There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014-15 Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Muggins:
I don't really follow college ball (haven't for years.. when I last was really into college ball it was around the time of Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, CWebb etc and for some reason my main last memory of following college hard was around the time of Big Dog Glen Robinson.. I know) Anyway, I keep hearing this coming class is really deep this year.. what is yalls take on it? I heard Carmichael Dave this morning saying there are 6-7 future All Stars in this coming Draft but I think he was still kind of on board with "tanking" sort of.

Dude, Parker and Wiggins have a chance to be legendary players. Randle looks like a bonafide all star. I'm not going to try and act like some kind of college basketball expert, but I'm on board with tanking this year. What is the point of being mediocre? Either we have the 8th or 9th pick or we can be top three. We need a top three type guy who is transcendent. You can change the future of this team. Past those three, there are other studs from what I've heard and read but I haven't seen them play.

I usually don't care about college ball until Feb, but this year is going to be awesome. You should check it out.

The thing about tanking is we are trying to make a culture change right now, get the Players and Fans back and excited about the team etc. I'm not on board with any tanking unless it's nearing the last week/month of the season and we have a shot to gain some ping pong balls that way.

I'm getting interested in some of these college names this year so I hope to at least pay some attention to the big names this year.
Tyreke seems to be struggling going by his stats. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of the Pelicans though.

Pts 7.8

Reb 4.1

Ast 3.5
[ Edited by Muggins on Nov 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Muggins:
The thing about tanking is we are trying to make a culture change right now, get the Players and Fans back and excited about the team etc. I'm not on board with any tanking unless it's nearing the last week/month of the season and we have a shot to gain some ping pong balls that way.

I'm getting interested in some of these college names this year so I hope to at least pay some attention to the big names this year.

Good point.
I'm going to the next two games... really excited about Friday's "Here We Roar" game. Gonna be LOUD!
Who are you guys more excited about Parker or Wiggins?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Everyone thinks Parker is better now but wiggins has more potential.

But I think Parker will be a star. Dude is legit already and is only 18.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Does Parker remind you of anyone? For me, a little T Mac with a more polished game even. And I think he is stronger than T Mac. T Mac was a G for a while. Before he got hurt and fat.

and both are Small Forwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly what we need most!!!!

Both will be stars along with Randle. The Kings are on their way to getting one of them.

Does Parker remind you of anyone? For me, a little T Mac with a more polished game even. And I think he is stronger than T Mac. T Mac was a G for a while. Before he got hurt and fat.

Yea a young and bigger Tmac! Honestly don't know who to compare Wiggins to right now...Kevin Garnett? Lol but a SF
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Both will be stars along with Randle. The Kings are on their way to getting one of them.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. Marsh was right about you

Yea a young and bigger Tmac! Honestly don't know who to compare Wiggins to right now...Kevin Garnett? Lol but a SF

Wiggins is tough right now. He will be such a different player in about three to four years. So much better... we'll have to wait for his comparison. But, I think the early comparisons to Bron were completely off base.
I compare Parker to Iggy but with a sweet stroke.

I guess its rumored that Ben Mac and Thompson are going to be starting.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I compare Parker to Iggy but with a sweet stroke.

I guess its rumored that Ben Mac and Thompson are going to be starting.

Hoping Ben does well. He's gonna be starting against a bunch of OLD seasoned Vets. Looking forward to seeing his quickness out there.
We're cutting down the Nets right now. C wut I did thar?