There are 271 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Earl Watson has signed with the Blazers leaving only Mo Williams, Jamaal Tinsley, and Randy Foyle as the only Jazz free agents who remain unsigned.

Jamaal and Foye please.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Earl Watson has signed with the Blazers leaving only Mo Williams, Jamaal Tinsley, and Randy Foyle as the only Jazz free agents who remain unsigned.

Jamaal and Foye please.

Yeah I agree Jamaal is an ok 3rd pg but I wish we couldve gotten Jarrett Jack. That would've been great to have a guy like that backing up Burke. Foye I want back just as a reserve but we definitely need his 3 point shooting even if it did go to hell late last year.
  • Jiks
Watched the summer league game.

Burke was struggling early. Think he went 1-11, he seemed really timid and almost robotic like. He took good shots but I think he seemed to be trying to hard. Just weren't going in. Had trouble finding his way into the lane which was a concern. But... Last quarter he looked a lot more comfortable. Started finding his rhythm and driving the lane and finding open targets. Dudes a solid dribbler, he was double teamed a lot and kept composure. Also should be a decent passer. Threw a couple away but they were decent looks just not executed properly. Overall he ran the offense well, made some good passes, but it was not the greatest opening. Again seemed to be a little overwhelmed Dude is pretty small and needs to find a way to finish at the rim. Not overly concerned because he got to the rim, he just didn't finish. Think he's going to be okay. Ohh yeah almost forgot. Rebounding... Used to drive me nuts watching our PG's not rebound. Think he had 6-7. Was always where he should be and got some PG style rebounds. Think this will help quite a bit actually.

Burks-Left with an ankle

Gobert- Might be pretty good. Still very raw but they couldn't get a look in the key. Dude is tall and came out of nowhere on a couple nice blocks. Definitely needs to put on some weight, got pushed around on rebounds. Doesn't seem to have the highest basketball IQ either, Overall played well. Set some good screens, finished a couple, and "could" be very fun to watch with Favors guarding the paint.

noteables- Christmas- Don't know who the guy is but played well. Was all over the court and has a bigger body including a decent jump shot.
Roberts- hit some shots, had a very nice Alley Oop from half court
Evans- Evans gonna Evans. Dudes leaping ability is amazing.
The Golden State Warriors, Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz are in advanced talks on a three-team sign-and-trade involving Andre Iguodala and Randy Foye.

The Warriors agreed to a four-year, $48 million deal with Iguodala last week and the Nuggets could send him there in a sign-and-trade to create a $12 million trade exception.

The Jazz would sign-and-trade Foye to the Nuggets on a three-year, $9 million deal.

The Warriors would retain cap flexibility to sign Nemanja Nedovic, the team's first round pick and preserve their midlevel salary exception.

The Jazz would send a second round pick to the Warriors to facilitate the deal.
  • Jiks
Interesting...

Neto, who's under contract with his Spanish team, still hasn't actually been able to practice with his NBA squad. The 21-year-old Brazilian had been a sideline observer from the time the Jazz's minicamp opened a week ago until being cleared to participate in the Orlando Pro Summer League on Tuesday.

It didn't show when he got his first chance to play Wednesday.

"I thought he did a great job. For having not practiced at all, it tells you a little bit about his mentality," Jazz assistant Sidney Lowe said of Neto. "He sat over there and watched and listened to everything that was going on in practice, and he was able to come in and run the plays.

"He knew every call. He knew the action. He knew where guys were supposed to be. He knew the timing. That speaks volumes."

What I would like to see is us sign Tinsley back and let Trey, Jamaal, Neto and Burks get the minutes.

Burke, Tinsley, Neto
Burks, _____________, Hayward
Hayward, Rush, Jefferson
Kanter, Biedrins
Favors, Gobert

Not the prettiest lineup but respectable.

Also found this interesting from Big Al.

"Me and Utah came to an understanding as far as they wanted to go with their young bigs," Jefferson said. "It makes a lot of sense. I think both of them are going to be superstars one day. I couldn't be mad at them for that."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765633740/Jefferson-thrilled-about-signing-with-Bobcats.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jul 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Interesting...

Neto, who's under contract with his Spanish team, still hasn't actually been able to practice with his NBA squad. The 21-year-old Brazilian had been a sideline observer from the time the Jazz's minicamp opened a week ago until being cleared to participate in the Orlando Pro Summer League on Tuesday.

It didn't show when he got his first chance to play Wednesday.

"I thought he did a great job. For having not practiced at all, it tells you a little bit about his mentality," Jazz assistant Sidney Lowe said of Neto. "He sat over there and watched and listened to everything that was going on in practice, and he was able to come in and run the plays.

"He knew every call. He knew the action. He knew where guys were supposed to be. He knew the timing. That speaks volumes."

What I would like to see is us sign Tinsley back and let Trey, Jamaal, Neto and Burks get the minutes.

Burke, Tinsley, Neto
Burks, _____________, Hayward
Hayward, Rush, Jefferson
Kanter, Biedrins
Favors, Gobert

Not the prettiest lineup but respectable.

Also found this interesting from Big Al.

"Me and Utah came to an understanding as far as they wanted to go with their young bigs," Jefferson said. "It makes a lot of sense. I think both of them are going to be superstars one day. I couldn't be mad at them for that."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765633740/Jefferson-thrilled-about-signing-with-Bobcats.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz

Hopefully Favors pans out. Hes all we have left of the Deron Williams trade. Who did we take with those draft picks we got in that deal?
  • Jiks
Signed John Lucas III as a backup PG although I hope he's our secondary backup and not our primary. If he is this season is gonna be even more painful to watch.
I dont follow college athletics nearly as much as the pro's, so someone will have to explain to me why Trey Burke fell so far in this draft.

Does he have character issues? Injury issues? Ive heard enough positive things about him that lead me to believe that he shouldve been a top 5 pick. Im happy that we finally drafted a high upside player, I just think its weird that he fell to 9th, and then Minnesota traded him to us. I know they have PG's already, but still.

Signed John Lucas III as a backup PG although I hope he's our secondary backup and not our primary. If he is this season is gonna be even more painful to watch.

we will give you guys Jimmer, if you need a backup PG.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Niners99:
I dont follow college athletics nearly as much as the pro's, so someone will have to explain to me why Trey Burke fell so far in this draft.

Does he have character issues? Injury issues? Ive heard enough positive things about him that lead me to believe that he shouldve been a top 5 pick. Im happy that we finally drafted a high upside player, I just think its weird that he fell to 9th, and then Minnesota traded him to us. I know they have PG's already, but still.

They say he's too small. At a measly 6.0' and 190 pounds many don't think his game will translate into the bigger faster NBA. They don't think he will be able to drive the lane and finish, especially since he's not the quickest PG out there.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Thats not any better then Lucas. The dude was so overrated.

how dare you, Jimmer is a God in Utah, on your knees and bow

how dare you, Jimmer is a God in Utah, on your knees and bow

I don't live in Utah so f**k him! hahahaha
Share 49ersWebzone