LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

SALT LAKE CITY (June 24, 2014) – The Utah Jazz today announced the five members of Head Coach Quin Snyder's staff, naming Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Alex Jensen, Mike Wells and Johnnie Bryant as assistant coaches. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not announced.

Jones returns for his third season on the Jazz staff since re-joining the organization in 2012. Prior to that, Jones spent two seasons as head coach of the San Antonio Spurs-owned Austin Toros of the NBA Development League from 2010-12, leading the Toros to the 2012 D-League title. From 2007-10 Jones served as the original head coach of the D-League's Utah Flash (now the Delaware 87ers), earning two playoff berths and a spot in the 2009 D-League Finals. During his five-year D-League coaching career (139-111, .556),

Lang arrives in Utah with an array of domestic and international experience as both a player and coach, having most recently served as head coach in Japan's National Basketball League (NBL). Lang coached the Mitsubishi Diamond Dolphins there for the last four seasons, guiding them to the 2014 playoffs. Previously he served as an assistant coach with Mitsubishi from 2006-10.

Jensen is entering his second season as a member of the Jazz coaching staff. Before joining the Jazz, Jensen spent two seasons (57-43, .557) as the first-ever head coach of the Canton Charge of the D-League from 2011-13, advancing the Cleveland Cavaliers-owned team to the playoffs in both seasons. He was named the 2013 Dennis Johnson NBA D-League Coach of the Year after leading the Charge to a franchise-best 30 victories and an East Division title.

Wells joins the Jazz organization with an extensive basketball career that spans 20 seasons at both the collegiate and professional levels, and includes time on the staffs of two NBA championship teams (1995 Houston Rockets and 2007 San Antonio Spurs). Wells was most recently working at Toledo University, after having spent last season as an assistant coach at South Florida and the two previous years in the same role at George Mason (2011-13).

Bryant begins his third season with the Jazz since being hired in the summer of 2012. Prior to joining the Jazz, Bryant operated Bryant Sports Academy, an intense and unique skill development program through which he has worked extensively with more than 125 athletes of various age groups to advance each player's skill set through personalized workout sessions. Among the athletes he has worked with are numerous professional European players and several NBA players.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/utah-jazz-finalizes-coaching-staff
I was hoping they would go after the shooting coach from the spurs, but I'm okay with the guy they brought in.

As for the draft if they don't move up to #1 I hope they have a deal in place for #2. DL keeps saying he plans on being aggressive, so I hope he comes through.
RT@Lockedonsports: Dante Exum says he didn't work out for the Utah Jazz since they just drafted a point guard and thought it wasn't a good situation
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
RT@Lockedonsports: Dante Exum says he didn't work out for the Utah Jazz since they just drafted a point guard and thought it wasn't a good situation

I dont think thats an option anyways. Were either moving up for Wiggins/Parker, or staying at 5 where he will be gone.

MT, if you hear any updates on the trading up situation post them here. I dont do twitter, so i'll just check back here.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

I dont think thats an option anyways. Were either moving up for Wiggins/Parker, or staying at 5 where he will be gone.

MT, if you hear any updates on the trading up situation post them here. I dont do twitter, so i'll just check back here.
Will do!
Rumor is that the jazz gave Jordan Adams a promise at pick 23. While he isn't a great athlete he can score with ease
@NBADraftNet
ATL promise with Saric at 15. UTAH promise with Adams at 23.

Not really much to go on, but it's interesting at least.
I'm preparing for a Gordon-Adams draft, with a euro guy in the 2nd. I'm hoping for inglis or mijic personally.
No surprise here....

RT@Tjonessltrib: The Utah jazz have extended a qualifying offer to small forward Gordon Hayward, making him a restricted free agent.
That move - completely expected - gives the jazz the right to match any offer Hayward gets on the open market in free agency
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm preparing for a Gordon-Adams draft, with a euro guy in the 2nd. I'm hoping for inglis or mijic personally.

BUUUUT are you ok with that?

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
BUUUUT are you ok with that?

No. They would have to be very active in free agency for me to be ok with it. They need a leader, and currently don't have one. What they have is a bunch of solid role players right now.
  • Jiks
Thinking the move isn't going to happen. Now it's just seeing who we get at 5. I'll personally be okay with almost anybody.
Yeah after so much talk about moving up I'm beginning to lower my expectations. I do think one of the lower picks will be moved though.
Eff it, take Embiid!(if he's there)
  • Jiks
Wasn't expecting Exum but cool. I'm okay with it.
Share 49ersWebzone