There are 174 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Adding a little bit more info to Jiks info.

Spence Checketts (on 1280 The Zone) is reporting that his sources have heard that the Jazz are one of two teams (76ers the other) still in the running to possibly make a trade with the Cavs Jazz offered Favors & number 5 pick, but if this is not enough Jazz office thinking of including Alec Burks & 23rd pick or future unprotected pick to sweeten the deal. Apparently MCW was part of 76ers offer.

Jazz are pretty serious about getting the #1 pick. Damn!

Heck yeah. We need some difference makers. Weve been taking safe, low upside guys for too long. Wiggins and Burke could get us close to being legit real quick.
Absolutely! I just would hate to lose Favors in the process.
  • Jiks

Spence Checketts (on 1280 The Zone) is reporting that his sources have heard that the Jazz are one of two teams (76ers the other) still in the running to possibly make a trade with the Cavs Jazz offered Favors & number 5 pick, but if this is not enough Jazz office thinking of including Alec Burks & 23rd pick or future unprotected pick to sweeten the deal. Apparently MCW was part of 76ers offer.

Heck yeah. We need some difference makers. Weve been taking safe, low upside guys for too long. Wiggins and Burke could get us close to being legit real quick.

Same thing I was listening to I believe.

Also another good point they've talked about is that we have too much young talent and not enough minutes/shots for all of them to develop properly. At the moment, if we get a Parker or Wiggins, that's a lot of shots right there. There would still be Gordon, Burks, Burke, Favors, Kanter that need the ball in their hands. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have too much young talent, so getting rid of one or two of them shouldn't really hurt us. Maybe trade Kanter, Favors, Burke or whomever for a top pick and get some role veterans.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Same thing I was listening to I believe.

Also another good point they've talked about is that we have too much young talent and not enough minutes/shots for all of them to develop properly. At the moment, if we get a Parker or Wiggins, that's a lot of shots right there. There would still be Gordon, Burks, Burke, Favors, Kanter that need the ball in their hands. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have too much young talent, so getting rid of one or two of them shouldn't really hurt us. Maybe trade Kanter, Favors, Burke or whomever for a top pick and get some role veterans.

Absolutely and supposedly Jarret Jack would be sent to Utah with the first pick as part of this deal. Its a shame we couldn't get Waiters in return as well since he hates playing with Kyrie.
  • Jiks
Absolutely and supposedly Jarret Jack would be sent to Utah with the first pick as part of this deal. Its a shame we couldn't get Waiters in return as well since he hates playing with Kyrie.

That would be nice! Always liked Jack's game(speaking of a veteran role player).

The possibilities are endless at this point though. Even Lyndsey has said they could move up, move down, or stay put. It's a pretty fun time to be a Jazz fan though, I can say that much. Thursday is going to be an interesting day.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

That would be nice! Always liked Jack's game(speaking of a veteran role player).

The possibilities are endless at this point though. Even Lyndsey has said they could move up, move down, or stay put. It's a pretty fun time to be a Jazz fan though, I can say that much. Thursday is going to be an interesting day.

It really is! It sucks I gotta work that night but I'm gonna be checking my phone like every second to see what happens.

You just have to look at it like this...would you rather have Wiggins or Favors? Id make that trade in a heartbeat.

You just have to look at it like this...would you rather have Wiggins or Favors? Id make that trade in a heartbeat.
Oh I know I would too, I just would rather get rid of Kanter even though he was great at the end of the season last year.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Are we keeping Gordon Hayward?

I think the best thing to do would be draft a SF like Wiggins and/or Parker.

Our starting 5 would be solid if we keep Hayward.

PG - Trey Burke
SG - Gordon Hayward
SF - Jabari Parker
PF - Derrick Favors
C - Enes Kanter

How are we drafting Parker without losing Favors or Kanter..

I thought Alec Burks was in discussion
Well nevermind about Kanter being traded if this is true.

Turkish big man Enes Kanter will undergo knee surgery, according to Trendbasket. The Utah Jazz player will miss the FIBA World Cup with Turkish NT.

The extent of the knee injury is still unknown, but Sportando confirmed that the rumor was 100% true. They also reported they were still hammering out the details of the injury, but the story was reported by Turkish National TV.

http://purpleandblues.com/2014/06/23/enes-kanter-undergo-knee-surgery/
Ok a few more details I found and it doesn't sound as serious as it sounded at first.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody · 14m
Jazz big man Enes Kanter will receive a platelet rich plasma injection to treat his right knee, sidelining him for about two weeks.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody · 10m
Enes Kanter was prepping to play for Turkey in the FIBA World Cup, but his doctor decided it will benefit his knee to skip the tournament.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody · 7m
Enes Kanter is optimistic having PRP treatment now will give him adequate time to be in prime health heading into the 2014-15 NBA season.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody · 2m
I'm told Enes Kanter's right knee is being irritated by quadriceps tendinitis, a common condition that can cause soreness.

Seems like big men always have knee issues.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Seems like big men always have knee issues.

I guess Kobe had the same surgery done a couple years ago and it really helped him out so hopefully it will do the same for Enes.
Something else I've been reading online is a potential trade with the Rockets if they decide to go after Melo or Lebron. It would be really similar to the Golden State trade from last year where we would take on the contracts of Omar Asik and Jeremy Lin and get a first round pick or two and Houston would get the needed cap space to go after one of the big stars. I would definitely like to have Asik on the team especially if we trade Favors and Lin would be a nice backup to Burke and a spark off the bench even though he's horrible on defense.
Man, I was just starting to be ok with picking 5th and taking a less exciting player. Now all the trading up to 1 rumors come in and get my hopes up for Wiggins again.

If it happens, it will be awesome, but if not im going to be very disappointed.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM ]
Man, I was just starting to be ok with picking 5th and taking a less exciting player. Now all the trading up to 1 rumors come in and get my hopes up for Wiggins again.

If it happens, it will be awesome, but if not im going to be very disappointed.

Same here I'm expecting a home run now and I wasn't at all leading up to last week.
Share 49ersWebzone