So tempting...

Get this one:

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

11 and 6 will be their numbers!

Bringing back Jacque Vaughn's old number.
lol Right? Hopefully with far more success though.
For some reason they do not look very happy to me in this pic

One is from Australia, and the other is from Mississippi and went to Duke. They both just got drafted by a currently bad team they likely know nothing about, located in a cold, high elevation city far away from home.

Safe to say they arent as initially excited as they wouldve been to go to Miami or LA.

After they get to know the organization and the area they will like it.

Plus its hard to be all happy and excited when youre nervous and out of your element.

Yeah good points. I watched some post draft interviews and they both seemed excited. I think Snyder will really be able to get the most out of these guys.
Get this one:

Yeah that one is definitely better. I forgot he wore 44 when he first came over from Atlanta.
Sounds like the Jazz are set to match any offer Hayward gets even if it is close to the max.

The Jazz plan on matching any offers for Hayward and intend to keep the versatile wing player in the organization as a major cornerstone in this rebuilding era, according to sources.

Utah extended a qualifying offer to Hayward last week, giving the team the right to match any offers that he might receive.

Utah also hopes to re-sign the 6-foot-9 Marvin Williams, per sources. Williams played an appreciated role as a stretch-four forward last season and was considered to be a valuable asset and example in the locker room for a young Jazz team. He averaged 9.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in his ninth NBA season last year.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865606030/Utah-Jazz-set-to-match-significant-offers-for-Gordon-Hayward-per-sources.html?pg=all
Sounds like the Jazz are set to match any offer Hayward gets even if it is close to the max.

The Jazz plan on matching any offers for Hayward and intend to keep the versatile wing player in the organization as a major cornerstone in this rebuilding era, according to sources.

Utah extended a qualifying offer to Hayward last week, giving the team the right to match any offers that he might receive.

Utah also hopes to re-sign the 6-foot-9 Marvin Williams, per sources. Williams played an appreciated role as a stretch-four forward last season and was considered to be a valuable asset and example in the locker room for a young Jazz team. He averaged 9.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in his ninth NBA season last year.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865606030/Utah-Jazz-set-to-match-significant-offers-for-Gordon-Hayward-per-sources.html?pg=all

Im torn on Hayward. Some people think hes on his way to being a great player. Others say hes not worth the money hes asking for.

Burke/Exum/Hayward/Favors/Kanter is a pretty nice starting 5. Plus Burks off the bench.

I heard that the Cavs probably would have traded us the number 1 pick if Hayward was included, but since hes not technically signed we couldnt trade him. Initially I was wondering if we intended on offering the Cavs a package for Wiggins when we had more time to work out details, but I dont think the Jazz thought they would get a talent like Exum staying put at 5. I guess it comes down to Exum+Hood (23rd pick)+Favors or Hayward being more appealing than just Wiggins.

Im torn on Hayward. Some people think hes on his way to being a great player. Others say hes not worth the money hes asking for.

Burke/Exum/Hayward/Favors/Kanter is a pretty nice starting 5. Plus Burks off the bench.

I heard that the Cavs probably would have traded us the number 1 pick if Hayward was included, but since hes not technically signed we couldnt trade him. Initially I was wondering if we intended on offering the Cavs a package for Wiggins when we had more time to work out details, but I dont think the Jazz thought they would get a talent like Exum staying put at 5. I guess it comes down to Exum+Hood (23rd pick)+Favors or Hayward being more appealing than just Wiggins.

Yeah I think a deal around 50 to 55 million would be fair for him but I wouldn't go higher than that. Having him back though is very important to the team. We need him at the SF while Hood settles in and I can see that line up being a playoff team in a couple years.

Burke/Exum/Hayward/Favors/Kanter with Burks/Hood/Evans/Williams/Gobert being the primary back ups wouldn't be that bad I think. Obviously we wouldn't be playoff contenders but we should be better than we were last year.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM ]
double post
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM ]
  • Jiks

Yeah I think a deal around 50 to 55 million would be fair for him but I wouldn't go higher than that. Having him back though is very important to the team. We need him at the SF while Hood settles in and I can see that line up being a playoff team in a couple years.

Burke/Exum/Hayward/Favors/Kanter with Burks/Hood/Evans/Williams/Gobert being the primary back ups wouldn't be that bad I think. Obviously we wouldn't be playoff contenders but we should be better than we were last year.
Sexy!

And it's nice to see we want Marvin back. I like him a lot, but feel he is more of a sixth/seventh man. Having him come in behind Alec would be very nice at this stage of rebuilding.

Plus we cant put too must blind trust in Hood panning out without a backup plan.

BTW, Dante Exum enters the NBA as a 6'6 Shooting Guard with a crazy quick first step, and a natural ability to drive to the basket. Theres a couple guys who once matched that description, and they wore numbers 23 and 24. hmmm.....
If the jazz don't land the players they want in free agency, they are willing to take on contracts . I'm hoping they can land DMo from the rockets, which would require picking up Lin as well.

As for Hayward, I would be wary of paying him more than 10-12 million a year.

Originally posted by saniner:
If the jazz don't land the players they want in free agency, they are willing to take on contracts . I'm hoping they can land DMo from the rockets, which would require picking up Lin as well.

What do you know about DMo? I've never seen him play.
  • Jiks

Radio talk again, but who ever it was was saying we may take Boozer, Dunleavy, Hinrich, and possibly a 2018 first off the Bulls so they could have the leeway for Melo.

I'd be ok with that myself.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Radio talk again, but who ever it was was saying we may take Boozer, Dunleavy, Hinrich, and possibly a 2018 first off the Bulls so they could have the leeway for Melo.

Same here all three of those guys are class acts and great leaders for the locker room. That would solidify our bench too.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Same here all three of those guys are class acts and great leaders for the locker room. That would solidify our bench too.

Is Boozer ok with coming off the bench? We dont need anyone taking away minutes from our young big men. They need those reps now while were rebuilding.

Actually, adding more vets isnt really what we need. We just need to let the kids play and get better. A couple vets are needed to help, but nobody that will take away legit playing time.
I wouldn't really mind it as id love Hinrich to be the vet guy for Burke and Exum to learn from. Maybe Boozer can be sent to a 3rd team. Wishful thinking i guess.

And MT, DMo is a 7ft stretch 4. At 23 he still has a ton of room to grow. He hasn't been able to really show much in Houston, but could be given quality minutes with the Jazz. He would be a great fit next to Favors off the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone