LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 434 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Whats the draft rumors floating around? Who are we gonna get?

Dante Exum is popping up a lot more lately and supposedly the Jazz really like him. Seems to be a very talented combo guard although I doubt we'll grab him since we have Burke. Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle, and Aaron Gordon are all possibilities as well.
Originally posted by saniner:
I could see the jazz doing a deal centered around favors+5 for 2+sanders. It's a bold move but one that I hope they would at least look in to. I'd hate to see favors traded, but the thought of landing wiggins or Parker makes up for it. If they managed to bring Tomic over it would help soften the blow as well

Did you get that trade idea from Chad Ford? He mentions it in this podcast.

http://c296307.r7.cf1.rackcdn.com/lockedonjazz/files/2014/06/6-17-chad-ford-part-2.mp3

If not then sa
I wish it was my idea. I saw it somewhere a few days ago and hated it at first. Now I've come around.

If Exum falls, I think the jazz draft him with the hopes of trading him and favors for a wiggins/Parker. If a deal doesn't work out then they still have Exum. Not too shabby.
[ Edited by saniner on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM ]
So if Embiid falls now, do we take him at 5? I would definately take that risk.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So if Embiid falls now, do we take him at 5? I would definately take that risk.

How tall is he?
Without a doubt you take him. 7ft with insane potential. He has the potential to star on both ends of the court. With him you trade kanter and surround the team with a bunch of shooters.
Without a doubt you take him. 7ft with insane potential. He has the potential to star on both ends of the court. With him you trade kanter and surround the team with a bunch of shooters.

Thats what im saying. I guess the downside is that hes a big man with possible lingering foot problem. At 1, hes too risky. At 5? Sounds like a gamble worth taking. Then trade Kanter.
  • Jiks

Thats what im saying. I guess the downside is that hes a big man with possible lingering foot problem. At 1, hes too risky. At 5? Sounds like a gamble worth taking. Then trade Kanter.
I can't help but think of Greg Odom. I feel Ebiid has shown enough as far as injuries go the last little bit to have major concerns. Especially with his size.

I agree he does have so much potential though, so it's really tough to pass on him at 5. Potential that could really help this franchise take that next step. But if we draft him and he never plays and is constantly injured, then that will set us back at least another year or two. High risk, high reward player.
At 5 you take that chance. 1-3 maybe not, but at 5? Absolutely. I would be so happy if it happened that way. In order I want: wiggins, Parker, embiid, Vonleh. I don't think smart or Exum want to be in utah, so I would only be okay with drafting them if it resulted in a trade. I'm so curious to see what happens next week.
I'm really scared of him now if he's out for the whole year.

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Were not playing for this year though. We need potential stars. Think the the team we could have with Burke, Favors, and Embiid.

Were not playing for this year though. We need potential stars. Think the the team we could have with Burke, Favors, and Embiid.

Still makes me nervous especially if this is a common theme like it was with Oden when he had his hand issues and then his knees.

Very true man.
RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.
RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.

Thats a mistake, imo
Share 49ersWebzone