There are 196 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

We officially have the coach with the best hair in the NBA now.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

He at least seems to have a good amount of basketball IQ. Something I feel Corbin definitely lacked. That's not necessarily dissing Corbing, but something you would most likely gain over the years of HC experience. He's been around some great coaches, so obviously he may carry at least a piece of that here. I'm hoping he can teach the young guys to play together. He has pieces to work with.

Really curious so see what the plans are now that the coach situation is out of the way. We still have the draft, and the ca$h money to spend. So many scenarios at this point, it's hard to even speculate.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 7, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
Snyder is definitely a smart guy. Wants to push the pace and use the young guys' athleticism. Better than Ty who always yelled to slow it down.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the draft. There was a report that they were going to discuss bringing Tomic over, which would be nice. I also wonder if they trade down and pick up Saric an stash him for a year. He would be such a great fit. A passing big would help out a lot.
[ Edited by saniner on Jun 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Snyder is definitely a smart guy. Wants to push the pace and use the young guys' athleticism. Better than Ty who always yelled to slow it down.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the draft. There was a report that they were going to discuss bringing Tomic over, which would be nice. I also wonder if they trade down and pick up Saric an stash him for a year. He would be such a great fit. A passing big would help out a lot.

Kind of forgot all about Tomic. Would definitely be nice to have him come aboard and offer some depth. Neto as well.

As for the draft. I was thinking last night that I think I'll be happy no matter whom we draft. May sound a little crazy but I'm kind of on the Aaron Gordon train. Defense, athleticism, hustle, just not very amazing on the offensive side. Give us Burke, Hayward, Gordon, Kanter, Favors as a possible starting lineup. There is also "rumors" we are shopping Kanter. I personally like Kanter, but maybe if we use him to move up and grab one of the top 3 players it might be worth it. That or another mid round pick, and pick up Gordon, McDermott, and somebody else at 22.

As I said way to hard to speculate though.
  • Jiks
Trey Burke ✔ @Trey_Burke3
Great meeting with Coach Snyder today at the practice facility! Already getting comfortable with him . Very Excited about the future!
lol "Quin Snyder" sounds like the name of a main villain in a cheesy early 90's action movie. He even looks the part.

All he needs is to be on the roof of a tall building with a hand gun.
I they don't trade up, I think they should trade down. Draft Saric or Gordon, and let Snyder have 1 year to find out who is worth keeping. I love the idea of drafting bogdanovic or inglis late. Inglis has great potential, but is extremely raw.
A couple mocks are having us take Randle and with the recent reports of his foot issues I don't think we should go near him. Saric and Gordon are intriguing though although I don't know much about Bogdanovic or Inglis.
Damjan Rudez is being seen as a potential low-cost, free-agent possibility.

Rudez has worked out with the Cleveland Cavaliers this week and the Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors and Utah Jazz have also taken close looks at him, according to sources.

Rudez is a stretch four who shot 44 percent from three-point range in the Spanish ACB season.

Rudez went undrafted in the 2008 NBA Draft.

I hope we sign him. He definitely has some talent and can be another Okur for us.
I'd be okay trying Rudez out. The jazz need shooters bad.

As far as the draft goes at 23 KJ Mcdaniels is a guy to keep an eye on. Athletic, tough, do-it-all type. Needs serious work on offense but is great defensively, something we need. IIRC they were dead last defensively last year :/

Well s**t....
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Well s**t....

Dayum lol
With his "attitude" and already having Burke, i never thought they would be too interested. It's unfortunate because he brigs the toughness te jazz lack
Share 49ersWebzone