There are 224 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"Karl Malone is the only player in NBA history to be selected 1st Team All-NBA in 11 consecutive seasons."

LeBron was just selected to his 10th straight. Maybe he'll finally have some injury issues next year and keep Malone alone in that distinction.

How pathetic

...and for something that doesn't even matter all that much.

First of all, lurk much?

Second, it was tongue-in-cheek. I didn't realize LeBron's fans were as sensitive as he was.
"Karl Malone is the only player in NBA history to be selected 1st Team All-NBA in 11 consecutive seasons."

LeBron was just selected to his 10th straight. Maybe he'll finally have some injury issues next year and keep Malone alone in that distinction.

How pathetic

First of all, lurk much?

Second, it was tongue-in-cheek. I didn't realize LeBron's fans were as sensitive as he was.

Everyone lurks on the Zone... and that comment was a bad look. If I made any injury reference to a member of GS, on any thread, I'd be on timeout.
Originally posted by sacniner:

How pathetic

First of all, lurk much?

Everyone lurks on the Zone... and that comment was a bad look. If I made any injury reference to a member of GS, on any thread, I'd be on timeout.

It was obviously a joke. Cavs fans should save the tears for when LeBron breaks up with them again.

It was obviously a joke. Cavs fans should save the tears for when LeBron breaks up with them again.

Not obvious it was a joke, actually definitely looks like you're serious. Also, I don't think there is a Cavs fan on the Zone. So the pic doesn't work. Joking about injuries on a player, classy.
Bill Simmons, who is very plugged in with the Celtics organization, hinted that Hayward to Boston was a lock. If Hayward leaves were taking 2 steps back.

We cant even keep the white free agent stars in SLC.

Curious, do you think it should be easier to keep "white FA stars" in SLC as opposed to black players? If so, why?
  • Jiks

Curious, do you think it should be easier to keep "white FA stars" in SLC as opposed to black players? If so, why?

Because it's Utah...
Anyone heard anything definitive yet about which way Hayward's leaning?

Not obvious it was a joke, actually definitely looks like you're serious. Also, I don't think there is a Cavs fan on the Zone. So the pic doesn't work. Joking about injuries on a player, classy.

4ML is a huge Cavs fan, which is who I was referencing.

The joke isnt LeBron getting hurt, its the fact that hes super human and has NEVER had a real injury in his entire career, which is unheard of. Thats why it was a joke. I wasn't wishing an injury on any player. Pipe down.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Anyone heard anything definitive yet about which way Hayward's leaning?

Nothing at all, just rumors.
Originally posted by Jiks:

Because it's Utah...

This guy is a lethal combination of being unknowledgeable and having no sense of humor.

Its common knowledge that Utah has problems signing star free agents, being that most of those stars happen to be black, and black NBA stars in their 20's typically dont see SLC as the place they feel comfortable living.

Because it's Utah...

And?...

Because it's Utah...

This guy is a lethal combination of being unknowledgeable and having no sense of humor.

Its common knowledge that Utah has problems signing star free agents, being that most of those stars happen to be black, and black NBA stars in their 20's typically dont see SLC as the place they feel comfortable living.

No need for talking s**t. I don't wanna be on a TO. Your typing words on the internet bro, don't know if it's a "joke." Part of it is your jokes aren't funny. That second paragraph answered my question. Sorry if it got you flustered.

I think lots of white stars in their 20s wouldn't wanna live there either. Hayward is a family guy, so this is the best opportunity to keep a FA probably
  • Jiks
And?...

https://theundefeated.com/features/how-black-utah-jazz-players-have-embraced-salt-lake-city/
And?...

https://theundefeated.com/features/how-black-utah-jazz-players-have-embraced-salt-lake-city/

Awesome read and context. Seriously, this is the most in depth article about SLC I've came across. Thanks

Reminds me of sac in the sense that players are apprehensive about coming to play in the city, but like it once they are there.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jun 25, 2017 at 10:46 PM ]

Because it's Utah...

No need for talking s**t. I don't wanna be on a TO. Your typing words on the internet bro, don't know if it's a "joke." Part of it is your jokes aren't funny. That second paragraph answered my question. Sorry if it got you flustered.

I think lots of white stars in their 20s wouldn't wanna live there either. Hayward is a family guy, so this is the best opportunity to keep a FA probably

lol You're the one getting flustered by a passing comment in a random thread. If you dont know if someone is joking or not, maybe hold off on the righteous indignation.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens first recruited Hayward, and was his coach at Butler. There is a very likely chance that Hayward heads to Boston, and there probably isnt much we can do about it.

SLC is a great place to live, but its lack of ethnic diversity is a huge deterrent to black players. Its a significant disadvantage to competing in the free agent market. Losing a homegrown, white all-star type player stings, because under any other circumstances he probably would've been thrilled to accept a max deal to stay in Utah.

Sac also has issues signing free agents, but it's because theyre a dysfunctional organization. Being in a racially diverse area with equal driving distance between the Bay Area/Ocean and Lake Tahoe is a very attractive element for any player. As soon as the Kings get it together theyll draw interest.
Share 49ersWebzone