LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
The Lottery is rigged. It should not be set up that way it's unfair

The NBA is still making it up to the Cavs for losing LeBron. "Were sorry, but we had to ask him to move to Miami. Its for the good of the league. We'll rig the lottery to make this sting less".

Theyre the worst run team in the NBA. Giving them the number 1 pick is just throwing away the career of a talented kid.

lol that's why they didn't give them the no. 1 pick
Originally posted by marshulk:
Originally posted by saniner:
Tyler Honeycutt invited to jazz camp. I like the move as he's still young and did well playing overseas.

Man I loved Tyler Honeycutt. He was on the kings but barely played. I thought he would be a solid player

I'm really curious about him too. I loved watching him play in college so I hope he can be a nice surprise addition.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
The Lottery is rigged. It should not be set up that way it's unfair

The NBA is still making it up to the Cavs for losing LeBron. "Were sorry, but we had to ask him to move to Miami. Its for the good of the league. We'll rig the lottery to make this sting less".

Theyre the worst run team in the NBA. Giving them the number 1 pick is just throwing away the career of a talented kid.

lol that's why they didn't give them the no. 1 pick

What are the odds of winning back to back lotteries? The Cavs had a 15.6% chance last year, and a 1.7% chance this year. Then they win both times? Ever since the frozen envelope, the NBA cant be trusted.
Do you guys hear how silly this argument sounds? The league is rigging the lottery not to maximize profit...but because they feel bad because a great free agent left for somewhere else? One of the best drafts in a while, where the Lakers & Celtics both had a chance to move into the Top 3...and the awesome markets of Cleveland & Milwaukee get the top 2 picks.

But the lottery's rigged because the NBA feels so bad for Cleveland that they gave them the #1 pick in 3 outta 4 years. LOL. Good Lord.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 22, 2014 at 2:56 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Do you guys hear how silly this argument sounds? The league is rigging the lottery not to maximize profit...but because they feel bad because a great free agent left for somewhere else? One of the best drafts in a while, where the Lakers & Celtics both had a chance to move into the Top 3...and the awesome markets of Cleveland & Milwaukee get the top 2 picks.

But the lottery's rigged because the NBA feels so bad for Cleveland that they gave them the #1 pick in 3 outta 4 years. LOL. Good Lord.

Because it wasnt tongue in cheek at ALL...
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I don't buy into the lottery being rigged, but I think it's fun to speculate. If the lakers/celtics get a top pick it's because they're big market teams. If they don't it's because the big name FA players flock there anyway. So why not build up a small market for a few years?

I've heard that the NBA wants to create a heat-cavs rivalry, and I've also heard that they want a solid team for lebron to come back to. I don't buy into either, however I do think the lottery is total BS. Cleveland winning 3 of the past 4 isn't as random as id like. There has to be a better way.

As far as the jazz draft goes, chad ford has come out and said the jazz don't like smart, but are high on Gordon. who knows for sure but I don't like Gordon as a prospect for utah.
  • Jiks
^^^ Speaking of Lebron, I know this is 100% not going to happen but listening to reports of him being tired due to carrying the team, why would he not think about coming to a place like Utah? Now I know nobody wants to play for Utah because there is nothing to do here at all, but look at the team he would have around him. He would have help at every other position and most definitely be favorites to win it all for the next few years. Again NEVER going to happen but he would have a solid structure and foundation around him, why not even give it consideration? Is Utah really that bad? We have the money to pay him max I believe, great fans, and a good young team to take some pressure off him.

Only problem being we definitely ain't no Miami, NY, or LA.

And drafting Gordon would be okay for his defense and energy, same as Smart, but IMO we need a scorer/shooter. That's why as I said earlier it would be nice to maybe package up Alec and our 21st/22nd(?) and move up to get McDermott mid-round. I'm personally pretty high on the kid, reminds me of a "poor mans" Dirk.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on May 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
^^^ Speaking of Lebron, I know this is 100% not going to happen but listening to reports of him being tired due to carrying the team, why would he not think about coming to a place like Utah? Now I know nobody wants to play for Utah because there is nothing to do here at all, but look at the team he would have around him. He would have help at every other position and most definitely be favorites to win it all for the next few years. Again NEVER going to happen but he would have a solid structure and foundation around him, why not even give it consideration? Is Utah really that bad? We have the money to pay him max I believe, great fans, and a good young team to take some pressure off him.

And drafting Gordon would be okay for his defense and energy, same as Smart, but IMO we need a scorer/shooter. That's why as I said earlier it would be nice to maybe package up Alec and our 21st/22nd(?) and move up to get McDermott mid-round. I'm personally pretty high on the kid, reminds me of a "poor mans" Dirk.

Dude...................

Utah plus lebron would not be the favorites to "win it all" for the next few years. They wouldn't even be the favorites to win the west.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Dude...................

Utah plus lebron would not be the favorites to "win it all" for the next few years. They wouldn't even be the favorites to win the west.

PG-Burke-lottery pick
SG-Hayward/Burks-lottery picks
SF-Lebron
PF-Kanter-lottery pick
C-Favors-lottery pick
Average age 22
5th pick this year

Room to spend $$$ in FA? What better situation does he have at the moment? Especially a team that can pay him like Utah can. That's 6 lottery picks and Lebron, and as I said we could still sign a FA or two for veteran leadership. I could see GS being a better option but what money will they have?

You add a superstar to this team and you have low post scoring in Kanter and Favors. Trey Burke who can distribute and score. Hayward who can distribute and score and get a tremendous amount of pressure off him. Burks who is a slasher like Wade. And a new added talent on whomever we pick at 5.

Again I know it will not happen but I would like to know better options at the moment.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on May 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM ]

Dude...................

PG-Burke-lottery pick
SG-Hayward/Burks-lottery picks
SF-Lebron
PF-Kanter-lottery pick
C-Favors-lottery pick
Average age 22
5th pick this year

Room to spend $$$ in FA? What better situation does he have at the moment? Especially a team that can pay him like Utah can. That's 6 lottery picks and Lebron, and as I said we could still sign a FA or two for veteran leadership. I could see GS being a better option but what money will they have?

Dude, just stop. I know, in fantasy land, sure why not. But this is the real world. Your team is s**ttier than the Lakers, and we just had our worst season in franchise history. All the speculation about young team and lottery picks means dick. Again, Utah plus lebron could basically be what cleveland was with him, except the team would be in the west. Meaning they'd be on the bottom half of the teams in the playoffs. If they could actually achieve that.

Not trying to s**t on your parade, but seriously bro. "What better situation does he have at the moment?" Are you kidding? lol

• Jiks
Dude, just stop. I know, in fantasy land, sure why not. But this is the real world. Your team is s**ttier than the Lakers, and we just had our worst season in franchise history. All the speculation about young team and lottery picks means dick. Again, Utah plus lebron could basically be what cleveland was with him, except the team would be in the west. Meaning they'd be on the bottom half of the teams in the playoffs. If they could actually achieve that.

Not trying to s**t on your parade, but seriously bro. "What better situation does he have at the moment?" Are you kidding? lol

^^^ Speaking of Lebron, I know this is 100% not going to happen

[ Edited by JiksJuicy on May 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM ]

Whatever teams he goes to, he will be expected to "carry" the team regardless of help
LeBron James would literally sign with EVERY other team in the NBA before the Jazz.

No coach, no immediate stars to help him out, no exposure, and its about the least "happening" city to play in.

I dont mean to trash my teams position, but its true. LeBron cant build his brand in Salt Lake City.

As always, were going to have to build with the draft.
Really warming to Vonleh at 5. He has great athleticism, a good jump shot(48.5% from 3 last year), and plays defense. With him they could move kanter and filler for a wing
Quin Snyder has emerged as a leading candidate to become the next head coach of the Utah Jazz.

"It's very plausible," one source told the Deseret News when speaking of Snyder possibly being hired by the Jazz.

Another source said Snyder is "very high on a short list" of Jazz coaching candidates.

Snyder, sources say, has increasingly captured the interest of the Jazz front office to become the man who leads the franchise through the next steps of this rebuilding process with the goal of becoming a "championship-caliber" organization.

Share 49ersWebzone