LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Tyrone Wallace last pick! Lots of competition for depth spots! Land Dudley in FA and start the season!!
I know nothing about Wallace.
Will say I would have preferred Gary Payton Jr over Paige but all well.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Surprised he didn't get drafted. I'd love it if they picked him up, but now the Jazz have about 6 PGs on the roster

Time to make some more moves!! Burke, Neto/Mack, Johnson and Pleiss should be moved now.
Originally posted by saniner:

Surprised he didn't get drafted. I'd love it if they picked him up, but now the Jazz have about 6 PGs on the roster

Time to make some more moves!! Burke, Neto/Mack, Johnson and Pleiss should be moved now.

Yeah kinda expecting that although I would like to keep Mack. I can see all these second round guys being stashed in the DLeague for awhile. Very weird moves though. I really want to hear Lindsey's reasoning for picking two PGs.

Yeah kinda expecting that although I would like to keep Mack. I can see all these second round guys being stashed in the DLeague for awhile. Very weird moves though. I really want to hear Lindsey's reasoning for picking two PGs.

That makes me worried about Exum. Loading up on young PG doesn't exactly scream confidence in Exum coming back from his injury and panning out.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Niners99:
That makes me worried about Exum. Loading up on young PG doesn't exactly scream confidence in Exum coming back from his injury and panning out.

I think it's addressing our main weakness. Lindsey said after the draft we will be aggressive in FA. PG along with SG should be set, now we have less to fill.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Yeah someone else brought up that worry in a tweet last night and Jody Genessy said there's nothing to worry about, Exum is coming along just fine and is doing really well.
Lindsey said they'd be very active in FA this year. I can see them trying to trade away some guys, but ultimately I see them landing Dudley and Plumlee. Not too exciting but they would add quality depth. Also they're looking good for next years draft with 2 firsts and 4 seconds. They'll have plenty of ammo to be active
A league source tells The Salt Lake Tribune that Olivier Hanlan will be on the roster. Another league source confirms to The Tribune that Quincy Ford has signed a three-year partially guaranteed deal with the Jazz and will be on the summer league roster as well. Yahoo! Sports first reported the Ford signing.

Hanlan was drafted by the Jazz in the second round last year. He played summer league, but went overseas to Lithuania, essentially as a draft-and-stash prospect. He is a combination guard, a little more shooting guard than point guard. He was uneven for the Jazz last season in summer league, but it will be interesting to see if his overall game and skillset have grown after a year across waters.

The Jazz like Ford, from Northeastern University in Boston, and actually have a bit of room to maneuver at small forward. He has good size for his position at 6-foot-8, is a good shooter and handles the ball well. Utah likes him because he is versatile, capable of playing both small and power forward. The Jazz had him in for a workout early on in the pre-draft process. The Jazz want to take an extended look at him. Depending on what the organization does in free agency — Utah will go hard after wing help — Ford could get a chance to make the main team, if he plays well during his summer league stint.

Quincy Ford! The other teams won't know what hit him.

Building up that Dleague team!

As long as one or two of those 2nd rounders can turn into quality depth it's a win IMO.

I want to see who Lindsey rounds out the roster with. I expect them to be linked to Luol Deng, Jared Dudley, Bazemore, Spencer Hawes, and Miles Plumlee. If they can land 2 of those guys I'd feel really good about the offseason. They just need quality depth
Jazz interested in Solomon Hill and Luol Deng. Deng would be really nice but Hill is a guy the Jazz have been after for a while. He can guard 2-4 and is still young. Reports are he wants $9-13 million a year. Even with that being the norm for a backup that still seems like a lot. With his versatility and defense it would be worth it though.
Don't know Hill's game at all but sounds like he played great in the playoffs so why not? Maybe he's finally found his groove.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:33 PM ]
I wonder if the Jazz will help out the Warriors again and trade for Bogut if we don't have a lot of success in free agency.
I wonder if the Jazz will help out the Warriors again and trade for Bogut if we don't have a lot of success in free agency.

Honestly with the contracts being thrown around that would be a steal for Utah. I wouldnt mind it at all, though I think they're looking for another stretch big

They're going hard after Deng and have already met with Jared Dudley. I'm excited to see who they bring in.
Share 49ersWebzone