LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by JustinMT:
What happened?

Shoulder injury, nothing serious. I assume it was a precautionary move.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm gonna try to catch some of Utah's games this year to watch Exum. The dude is fukin' awesome!
He's been pretty gassed the last 2 games. Definitely needs to get his conditioning up. Also when he is on the court with Burke he disappears most of the time. He needs the ball in his hands.
I guess Booker's contract is just guaranteed for the first year so thats comforting to know.
  • Jiks
I guess Booker's contract is just guaranteed for the first year so thats comforting to know.

Makes more sense now. Puts us where we need to be with the cap.
Originally posted by saniner:
He's been pretty gassed the last 2 games. Definitely needs to get his conditioning up. Also when he is on the court with Burke he disappears most of the time. He needs the ball in his hands.

Thats probably why Exum ends up being the PG. It already looks like Exum can distribute the ball better.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Thats probably why Exum ends up being the PG. It already looks like Exum can distribute the ball better.

So Burke was a wasted pick last year?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Wouldn't say that but last year's draft class was pretty weak and we still were able to get an ok player out of it. Burke definitely doesn't have the franchise player capabilities that Exum has though.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM ]
Wouldn't say that but last year's draft class was pretty week and we still were able to get an ok player out of it. Burke definitely doesn't have the franchise player capabilities that Exum has though.

This. Plus we didn't plan on having Exum fall to us. Burke is a good player. He's a tough leader who shoots the ball well in big moments. He can still get better but for now he might be best off the bench and as a SG next to Exum

No, he just moves to SG, and Hayward to SF.

He couldn't stay at PG, Exum at SG and Hayward at SF?

He couldn't stay at PG, Exum at SG and Hayward at SF?

He will this year, but I just think Exum is a better distributer. Burke dribbles too much and isnt as quick of a decision maker. Id rather Exum end up being the guy who touches the ball most often, and brings it up.

Burke will be the PG until Exum gets experience, but ultimately it makes more sense for Exum to play PG. I can already see his ability to make the quick decision to either drive the lane, or dish it out.

Either way Exum/Burke as the 1-2 could be a great combo.
  • Jiks
Didn't get to watch the game but just watched the highlights. Exum with 3.3 left he runs the whole floor for a layup. That's awesome! Also his little floater to put the game away was promising. Shooting still needs work, but dude has a good looking all around game.

Rudy, doing what Rudy does. Awesome as well.
Exum has so much potential, but he has a long road ahead to get there. I'm so excited to watch him the next few years.

Apparently Lindsey has said he wants to add a veteran guard....and id like to see them take a chance on Billups
Exum has so much potential, but he has a long road ahead to get there. I'm so excited to watch him the next few years.

Apparently Lindsey has said he wants to add a veteran guard....and id like to see them take a chance on Billups

I heard that interview too and that interview really impressed me with Lindsey. It sounds like him and Coach Snyder are really trying to make it clear to the youngsters that they're not always gonna get what they want on the court in order to keep them humble and motivated. He even made it sound like that they're not gonna make the same mistake they did last year when he allowed Corbin to play the older guys so much. This year its gonna be all about developing the young guys and that the vets they do have are just gonna be roleplayers, which is great to hear after going through last year's mess.

As for Billups I haven't heard anything about him this summer. He's 37 and has had a ton of injuries the last few years so me might just hang it up instead.
Share 49ersWebzone