There are 158 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.

Thats a mistake, imo

Yeah I dunno how to feel about it either, I know the Mormons would rather have Parker than anyone else since he's one too.

#t=401
RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.

Thats a mistake, imo

Yeah I dunno how to feel about it either, I know the Mormons would rather have Parker than anyone else since he's one too.

Well the nice thing with that is maybe Parker will enjoy being in Utah. If we get Wiggins or another player who doesnt want to be here than it will suck.

I think that is why Malone/Stockton were so awesome, those dudes really embraced Utah.
I rank wiggins ahead of Parker personally, but it's so close. If Wiggins works on his shooting he will have such a more well-rounded game than Parker. Parker will always have the edge offensively, but I think Wiggins' defense and athleticism are what gives him the edge.

On another note I'm starting to like more players for 23. Mcdaniels is my favorite right now, but cleanthony early and Jordan clarckson are two guys I wouldn't mind either.
  • Jiks

Thats a mistake, imo

Interesting... Not sure what our plans at C would be then.

I'd be ok with either or personally.

YES.

Thats a mistake, imo

Or we could not base our picks based on common religious beliefs.

Remember, we passed on the Mormon golden boy Jimmer.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Thats a mistake, imo

Everyone knew he wasn't gonna make it in the league though whereas Parker could also be a star. If we can grab him or Wiggins I'd be happy.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
  • Jiks
Rumor has it(local radio) that they want our first next year as well. That's pretty steep unless it's protected top 8-10.

Thats a mistake, imo

Everyone knew he wasn't gonna make it in the league though whereas Parker could also be a star. If we can grab him or Wiggins I'd be happy.

As a Kansas fan, im hoping for Wiggins.

If we draft Wiggins, I will be the first in line for an authentic Wiggins jersey. Even though im not a fan of our current uniforms.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Rumor has it(local radio) that they want our first next year as well. That's pretty steep unless it's protected top 8-10.

They probably just want to move back to 5 and take Embiid anyways.
Hoops hype is reporting embiid is utahs target, not wiggins. Kanter, #5 and a future 1st being talked about. Seeing as Embiid is my #1 target i wouldn't mind it at all. The price is steep but with embiid out for a while it can be modified.
Originally posted by saniner:
Hoops hype is reporting embiid is utahs target, not wiggins. Kanter, #5 and a future 1st being talked about. Seeing as Embiid is my #1 target i wouldn't mind it at all. The price is steep but with embiid out for a while it can be modified.

Why would we trade a ton of assets to take a guy that will likely fall to 5 because of the foot issues?
Very true. I just feel that with Embiid he's worth the risk, and there's no guarantee he falls to 5. If they really want him then I'm ok with them going for it. Obviously I wouldn't want to give up too much, but they would have to give something. The injury is a concern but if they clear him, id be okay with it.

It's probably a dumb move but there's a reason I'm not making these decisions
[ Edited by saniner on Jun 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM ]

Thats a mistake, imo

As a Kansas fan, im hoping for Wiggins.

If we draft Wiggins, I will be the first in line for an authentic Wiggins jersey. Even though im not a fan of our current uniforms.

After watching more vids on Wiggins I think he has the most upside in terms of all around game. Parker can come straight into the league and average 15 to 20 ppg immediately but I don't think he'll ever be as good of an all around player like Wiggins. I just don't want to get rid of Favors. He's the defensive center we've been missing since Eaton and I'd much rather trade Kanter instead of him.

This is definitely the most exciting draft for the Jazz since we got Deron though I think.
Share 49ersWebzone