LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quin Snyder has emerged as a leading candidate to become the next head coach of the Utah Jazz.

"It's very plausible," one source told the Deseret News when speaking of Snyder possibly being hired by the Jazz.

Another source said Snyder is "very high on a short list" of Jazz coaching candidates.

Snyder, sources say, has increasingly captured the interest of the Jazz front office to become the man who leads the franchise through the next steps of this rebuilding process with the goal of becoming a "championship-caliber" organization.

Who the frick is Quin Snyder?

What happened to Boylen? I want a Popovich approved guy. Not some scrub from the Hawks.
I would much rather have Snyder than Boylen. Boylen was a nightmare coach at the university of utah. Just awful. In fact I'd rather bring back Corbin.
Still holding out hope for Blatt. He's at the top of my list, but I don't think the jazz have any interest
I don't want either but it doesn't look like they're even thinking of interviewing Hollins for some reason. Snyder is nothing but a damn crackhead and if all the Utes fans hate Boylen then I definitely don't think he's worth coaching the Jazz if he was that bad.
I don't want either but it doesn't look like they're even thinking of interviewing Hollins for some reason. Snyder is nothing but a damn crackhead and if all the Utes fans hate Boylen then I definitely don't think he's worth coaching the Jazz if he was that bad.

Theres really no great candidates left. Once again Utah has to take the leftovers because they arent in a prime location.

I dont know much about Boylen, but I do know that Greg Popovich is the best coach of his generation, and he hired Boylen.

BTW, Bill Simmons made an argument that Popovich has probably passed up Phil Jackson for greatest NBA coach, simply because he won with far less talent, and had a longer run. If he wins a 5th title this year I think the argument is very legit.
This is like 3rd hand "insider" knowledge, so take it with an appropriate grain of salt, but I've heard that Utah is trying to trade the pick, and if they're unsuccessful in doing so, they'd draft Noah Vonleh.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Theres really no great candidates left. Once again Utah has to take the leftovers because they arent in a prime location.

I dont know much about Boylen, but I do know that Greg Popovich is the best coach of his generation, and he hired Boylen.

BTW, Bill Simmons made an argument that Popovich has probably passed up Phil Jackson for greatest NBA coach, simply because he won with far less talent, and had a longer run. If he wins a 5th title this year I think the argument is very legit.

No great candidates left? Only two jobs were filled and only one of those hired a proven coach and that was Detroit with Stan Van Gundy. There's plenty of guys out there still. Mark Jackson, who I don't want, but he's a good coach who gets a lot of effort out of his players. Lionel Hollins, he's a great coach who could build a team in Utah similar to the one he had in Memphis. I don't know why he hasn't been picked up yet. Jeff Van Gundy and Alvin Gentry are out there too plus numerous others assistants who are a lot better than Boylen. Just because Pop hired him doesn't mean he's the next Pop, who I agree is a better coach than Jackson.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This is like 3rd hand "insider" knowledge, so take it with an appropriate grain of salt, but I've heard that Utah is trying to trade the pick, and if they're unsuccessful in doing so, they'd draft Noah Vonleh.

What do you think of him?

lol is your friend the Jazz GM?

What do you think of him?

He's a talented player with a well-rounded game, but he comes across as someone with average competitiveness, which is a trait that I value much more now than I did before I started coaching. Very good rebounder, and hit consistently from the college 3 point line. Handles the ball well for a big off of the dribble, but has some problems catching it despite historically massive hands. (pictured below...they're bigger than Kawhi Leonard's...they're a foot long.) To me, he came across as a Horace Grant type of player when I saw him this year, but apparently he struggled with some foot or leg issues this year that limited his explosiveness.

He's supposedly who the Lakers want to draft, but there's a lot of BS that's spread in the media these days, so who knows. FWIW, this rumor isn't a media rumor comes from someone who has ties to O'Connor...but it's still just a rumor.

Wayne Embry, who has some of the biggest hands in NBA history...Vonleh's are a little bigger.

That's gross. lol Its like he has legs for fingers! Good to know though, we definitely need a PF, thanks Pete!
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
Snyder in! He's been around for 20 years or so, and from what I've been reading, was a huge asset for the hawks this past year. I'm excited to see what he can do. Now on to the draft and FA!
Also Alex Jensen hired as an assistant, as well as brad jones. All 3(if you include Snyder) have done well coaching in the d-league
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Snyder in! He's been around for 20 years or so, and from what I've been reading, was a huge asset for the hawks this past year. I'm excited to see what he can do. Now on to the draft and FA!

Was at work all day, but heard the news. Oddly enough one of my buddies was working on a party(serving), and a guy and his wife got up and said something along the lines that "I got the job and need to go." They all clapped and cheered for him. Buddy said through eavesdropping, it had something to do with the Jazz, but wasn't sure what it was.

Kind of curious if it was him, or maybe an assistant or something? This was before the hire.
Probably Alex Jensen, who they hired as an assistant. He was a former ute and coach of the year in the d-league
Share 49ersWebzone