There are 159 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

[ Edited by JustinMT on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM ]
So are we going to take a high upside/risky guy this year, or keep playing for that 8 seed and draft a fundamentally solid guy?

I wish the Jazz would take a few more risks and swing for the fences. You need superstars to win the NBA, and they never pick guys with that kind of ceiling.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So are we going to take a high upside/risky guy this year, or keep playing for that 8 seed and draft a fundamentally solid guy?

I wish the Jazz would take a few more risks and swing for the fences. You need superstars to win the NBA, and they never pick guys with that kind of ceiling.

Teams usually don't pick superstars with a low end lottery pick but I get what you mean.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Teams usually don't pick superstars with a low end lottery pick but I get what you mean.

A lot of superstarts have come outside of the lottery though. The top 10 picks are never guaranteed to be superstars and I don't think this draft will have many.

I wanna get risky with at least one of our first rounders, mostly the 21st. I want Shane Larkin at that spot badly even though its an extreme reach. I think he could be a dynamic scorer off the bench and really affect the pace of the game in a good way. After seeing what Nate Rob did with the Bulls, I want a player like that too just without the attitude and I know Larkin isn't especially with who his father is. Barry would put his ass in line if he did. As for the 14th pick I want Michael Carter Williams, another PG, although I think Dallas will get him right before us so I wouldn't mind seeing us take a chance on that German kid, Dennis Schroeder. He's 6'1" but the kid has a lot of potential and could be a decent scorer and passer although his defense needs a lot of work.
  • Jiks

I think we are going to rebuild this year. Unless we can get a superstar type player I don't see us capable of being even an 8th seed. I don't want us signing someone just to sign them. Get a PG via draft, get a prospect with the other pick.

I also wouldn't mind us somehow packaging those picks for Burk. Have out lineup be
Burk
Burks
Hayward
Kanter
Favors

Sign some veterans for some leadership. Let the young guys play and assess the situation with a better FA class next year. Well I think there are better ones available anyways. Who know maybe add one more lottery pick.

I dunno? Not sure what to expect this year.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Rajon Rondo, Zach Randolph, David West, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, Carlos Boozer, Manu Ginobili, Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace, David Lee, Josh Smith, Gilbert Arenas, Tony Parker, Jameer Nelson, Kevin Martin, etc. were all non-lottery picks.

Not saying theyre all superstars, but you can find talent anywhere outside the lottery. The Jazz just always pick the safe, fundamentally solid guys. Good for running an average program, not so good for winning titles.
Word is Millsap just put his house up for sale. That could mean nothing, but it's fun to speculate. This is the first offseason with Lindsey in charge and I'm expecting that things will go differently. As for the draft McCollum and Schröder are two guys that I would LOVE to see play for Utah. I'd like it if they came away with a PG first and then a big like Olynyk to play behind Favors and Kanter. I also wouldn't be opposed to drafting Nate Wolters if we get a late first somehow.
The Utah Jazz invited 24 players to participate in a free agent minicamp this week.

Travis Leslie, Luke Zeller and Lazar Hayward were among the players who attended the free agent bonanza.

"I wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of these guys from this camp on an NBA roster on opening night next year," Jazz head scout David Fredman said. "Now, whose roster? I don't know, These guys are guys that have enough talent in the right place at the right time they could be on an NBA roster easily."

Dennis Lindsey suggested the minicamp after coming to Utah from the Spurs organization.

"They had some success doing it in San Antonio. Dennis had the idea when he came here to do it," Fredman said. "It's no earth-shattering thing. It's just we're doing it now in Utah."

The Jazz only have six players with guaranteed contracts for the 2013-14 season.

Lol at your guys' free agents. It's your whole team practically. At least the young guys will finally get to play.
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jun 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM ]

• Jiks
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lol at you're guys' free agents. It's your whole team practically. At least the young guys will finally get to play.

Well having 4 lottery picks that's a good thing. Expecting a down year but we finally will see what these guys are capable of. Think we should have played these guys sooner so at least we had an idea of where we're at. Adding one more lottery and another 21st should be nice additions.
I like the free agent tryout idea. It worked in San Antonio and could help us since we have so few under contract. We could possibly find another Demare Carroll. Getting a few high energy rotational guys wouldn't hurt at all.
Originally posted by saniner:
I like the free agent tryout idea. It worked in San Antonio and could help us since we have so few under contract. We could possibly find another Demare Carroll. Getting a few high energy rotational guys wouldn't hurt at all.

or a Danny Green!
  • Jiks
Sloan hired back as a senior adviser. Don't know what that means but can't hurt.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM ]
Draft is tonight! I really hope the Jazz move up for McCollum. I think 14+burks will probably do it to move up high enough
Share 49ersWebzone