LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by JustinMT:
With the way Gobert is playing I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Enis sometime this season.

Same here. He's had a huge summer. No Jazz player has earned more playing time than Gobert right now. I love his hustle. He runs the floor so well for a guy his size. We've seen it a few times where gets the block on one end then hustles back for the fast-break dunk on the other. It's crazy to think that at 7'1" he runs so well
Originally posted by saniner:
With the way Gobert is playing I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Enis sometime this season.

Same here. He's had a huge summer. No Jazz player has earned more playing time than Gobert right now. I love his hustle. He runs the floor so well for a guy his size. We've seen it a few times where gets the block on one end then hustles back for the fast-break dunk on the other. It's crazy to think that at 7'1" he runs so well

he is a freakish athlete. reminds me a lot of mcgee.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
he is a freakish athlete. reminds me a lot of mcgee.

That's a great comparison. I can't wait to see him progress this year. I would te surprised if he starts at some point this year
The Utah Jazz on Wednesday waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones and forward Jack Cooley, trimming their roster down to the league maximum of 15 players.

Jones didn't do a bad job. Hopefully someone will give him a shot.
Not surprised by this movie either. He'll probably be going to the D-League.

SALT LAKE CITY (Oct. 25, 2014) " The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has waived forward Brock Motum. Following the move, Utahs roster now stands at 14 players.

Motum (6-10, 235, Washington State) appeared in one game, scoring seven points, two rebounds and one assists in 11 minutes of play.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM ]
I was surprised when I saw they waived Felix, but seeing that it was for Jordan Hamilton I'm ok with it. Hamilton is a great rotational guy who still has room to improve. I was surprised the raps waived him.
I was surprised when I saw they waived Felix, but seeing that it was for Jordan Hamilton I'm ok with it. Hamilton is a great rotational guy who still has room to improve. I was surprised the raps waived him.

I was too! Great pick up and could be a steal from what I've heard about him. Don't know much about Joe Ingles but he's another Aussie and can be a point forward so we may have an AK 47 Lite if need be.
I was too! Great pick up and could be a steal from what I've heard about him. Don't know much about Joe Ingles but he's another Aussie and can be a point forward so we may have an AK 47 Lite if need be.

He was roommates with Exum over the summer. Goofy looking dude who is more about the team. Should be a great cheerleader.

He was roommates with Exum over the summer. Goofy looking dude who is more about the team. Should be a great cheerleader.

Awesome he can give Jeremy a run for his money then!

• Jiks
Played "well" last night, but was also a reminder that this team will struggle this year. They have the makings in place to be a good team, but at the moment they have no identity. Will take time to learn the offense and situational basketball.

Positives
Gobert- was the only guy who could stop Howard. Looks like he knows what he's doing out there.
Booker- high energy and great around the rim. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes Kanters spot.
Hood- 6th man as a rookie. Played amazing defense, and hit some shots. This guy has a lot of potential.
Exum- good defense and was aggressive. Hit a contested 3. Threw up another awesome ally oop to Gobert. Still needs work.
Burke- finding his niche around the rim. Hit some floaters and tough lay ups.
Burks- if he can hit jumpers like he did last night consistently, he's going to be really good.

Bad
Favors and Kanter- while their offense looked great, they were bullied by Howard all night.
Hayward- still looks like he's trying too hard. Sloppy with the ball.

All in all a good first showing. Struggled in the 4th but that will come with time together. Turnovers hurt as well, but that as well was due to inexperience.
Thanks for the rundown. Box scores just don't tell you enough and I had no idea Hood was our 6th man. Thats awesome, we definitely stole one there. What do you think is the price range for Burks? I wanna say around 35 to 40 but I dunno if he'll go for that. Kanter must have been asking for a lot if they've cut off contract talks with the Jazz already and are waiting till next summer. Hopefully we can just do a sign and trade with him, Gobert needs to be starting.
Burks resigned for 42 over 4. It's a bit much but not as crazy as Hayward's. We have the supporting cast in place now we need a couple superstars.
Burks resigned for 42 over 4. It's a bit much but not as crazy as Hayward's. We have the supporting cast in place now we need a couple superstars.

I love it. Pay him a bit more now than he's worth, because he will demand more over the summer. Just like Hayward. I'm glad Burks will be around long-term, he's our only legit scoring option(better if his jumper is consistent). I loved watching him against Harden in the first game. Wasn't giving him any space, and he seemed to really bug him.

Now they need to figure out Kanter. He just doesn't seem to fit the team right now.
This team definitely needs a true #1 scoring option. Burks is really good, but would be better as a #2. I think they should look for a scoring PF in the next draft
Share 49ersWebzone