LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by saniner:
With his "attitude" and already having Burke, i never thought they would be too interested. It's unfortunate because he brigs the toughness te jazz lack

That's why I wanted him so badly. He's tough, has decent size and can just about do anything that is needed of him. I think he may end up being a better player than Burke in the long run as well but if he's out of the equation than I definitely want either Gordon or Vonleh now.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
With his "attitude" and already having Burke, i never thought they would be too interested. It's unfortunate because he brigs the toughness te jazz lack

That's why I wanted him so badly. He's tough, has decent size and can just about do anything that is needed of him. I think he may end up being a better player than Burke in the long run as well but if he's out of the equation than I definitely want either Gordon or Vonleh now.

Kind of why I'm on the Gordon train as well. The issue with him is his complete lack of offense, even though I feel he has the ability to develop it. He would bring a lot of energy on defense, and I'm pretty sure make some spectacular dunks at the very least.

Still need shooting though so I'm not entirely sold on Gordon. But wouldn't b***h about the pick.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Kind of why I'm on the Gordon train as well. The issue with him is his complete lack of offense, even though I feel he has the ability to develop it. He would bring a lot of energy on defense, and I'm pretty sure make some spectacular dunks at the very least.

Still need shooting though so I'm not entirely sold on Gordon. But wouldn't b***h about the pick.

Zach LaVine may be a great guy to pick up too. He's got a great outside shot and is extremely athletic. Came off the bench last year but I feel like he has some great potential to be a solid combo guard.
lol the Spurs are like the team the Jazz want to be when they grow up. Im not sure its possible without a HOF big man and coach.
  • Jiks
At Vonleh's workout with the Jazz on Monday, the big man impressed team officials with his size and skill.

"His left-handed jump hook is pretty good for a right-hander," Jazz vice president of player personnel Walt Perrin said. "He's got a nice drop step into the lane. He's got a nice spin move going to the basket."

Vonleh averaged 11.3 points and nine rebounds a game as a freshman at Indiana, helping the Hoosiers go 17-15. His team missed the NCAA Tournament, but Vonleh said he believes he has what it takes to help the Jazz take the next step.

"I definitely think I can," he said. "It's going to take some time. I'm a young guy."

The Jazz already have two young big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter, but Vonleh sees a place for himself in the team's lineup.

"I've been watching [Favors] since he was in high school," he said. "I think I would complement him pretty well. I could be like a stretch-four. He could play the five. I think we'd go well together."

Perrin also sees a fit.

"Noah can pass the ball," he said. "He can pick and pop and he gives you a little bit more rim protection because of his length and his hands."

Vonleh shot 48 percent from 3, but he took only 33 attempts from outside. Since leaving school, he said he's worked on his shot and Perrin believes he could eventually add the NBA 3 to his repertoire.

"His form is pretty good," he said. "It's just getting in the reps and making sure he's disciplined in his shot prep."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/58075764-77/vonleh-jazz-draft-forward.html.csp
A guy who wouldn't mind playing in utah?! That's unusual....

That being said, I wouldn't mind it either. The problem is what to do with kanter. The jazz desperately need a SF, but what could kanter seriously land the jazz? He hasn't been given a chance to really play yet, and could still be a 20/10 guy. A big part of me wants him to succeed with jazz and not get traded.

I honestly have no idea what direction DL and Snyder will go. It's exciting but I don't want a bunch of safe picks. Take a chance this year!
  • Jiks

#t=157
Nice

Sounds like we're trying to build a San Antonio clone. Now we just need Favors to be Duncan, Kanter to be Robinson, Hayward to be Manu, Burke to be Parker, and get some shooters and a bench around them. Shouldn't be too hard.
Sounds like we're trying to build a San Antonio clone. Now we just need Favors to be Duncan, Kanter to be Robinson, Hayward to be Manu, Burke to be Parker, and get some shooters and a bench around them. Shouldn't be too hard.

And most importantly, Snyder to be Popovich..

The Spurs' game is so unique. I understand the Jazz wanting to copy that, but you need to find a HOF coach and a HOF big man to get where the Spurs are.

Ultimately in the NBA, it always comes down to superstars. The more you have, the better your title chances are. Just based purely on how the sport is designed. A star in the NBA can play big minutes, and handle the ball the VAST majority of the time. In baseball even the most elite hitters only get 4-5 AB's per game just like everyone else.

Its a star driven league, and the Jazz need to focus on game changers with these early picks. Burke is looking like star #1, but we need to hit another home run here.

If you want to compete for a title in the NBA, you need impact guys. Otherwise we might as well just settle in for years of 1st and 2nd round playoff exits from the 5-7 seed slot.

Hopefully Snyder is a diamond in the rough.

I could see the jazz doing a deal centered around favors+5 for 2+sanders. It's a bold move but one that I hope they would at least look in to. I'd hate to see favors traded, but the thought of landing wiggins or Parker makes up for it. If they managed to bring Tomic over it would help soften the blow as well
I could see the jazz doing a deal centered around favors+5 for 2+sanders. It's a bold move but one that I hope they would at least look in to. I'd hate to see favors traded, but the thought of landing wiggins or Parker makes up for it. If they managed to bring Tomic over it would help soften the blow as well

Yeah it would its just a matter of whether or not Tomic wants to come over finally. The guy has been driving me nuts for the last several years especially when he resigned with his team in Spain back in 2012.
Every year we wonder if he'll come over, and this is the first time a coach has said he's looking into making it happen. He won't be a star by any means, but a 7 footer who can bring offense off the bench would be phenomenal. Having Tomic and Neto would be great next year. It would help strengthen the bench greatly
Every year we wonder if he'll come over, and this is the first time a coach has said he's looking into making it happen. He won't be a star by any means, but a 7 footer who can bring offense off the bench would be phenomenal. Having Tomic and Neto would be great next year. It would help strengthen the bench greatly

Absolutely and its a lot easier with Neto too since he's considered a "free agent" over in Europe now so we don't have to worry about a buyout there at least. His court vision is amazing and he could turn out to be a real steal for us.
Whats the draft rumors floating around? Who are we gonna get?
Share 49ersWebzone