***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by 4ML:
HA! SUCK IT LAKERS!!!

Congrats.

Thank you sir!!! Now I just hope we don't get robbed in the lottery selection.

Hoping for the Sixers to get screwed. Hopefully Utah land a top 3 pick.
The thread title lol
HA! SUCK IT LAKERS!!!

Congrats.

Thank you sir!!! Now I just hope we don't get robbed in the lottery selection.

Hoping for the Sixers to get screwed. Hopefully Utah land a top 3 pick.

I really hope they do, at least the Bucks put in some effort with their lack of talent. The Sixers FO was just doing whatever it took to lose and it still backfired.
Great game to go out on especially from Burke, Favors, Hayward, Evans,and Gobert. Two guys with near triple doubles and Hayward becomes the first Jazz player since Pistol Pete to average 16,5 and 5. I still wouldn't offer him max money though. 38-42 maybe but I feel like Favors contract should be above his.
  • Jiks
Great game to go out on especially from Burke, Favors, Hayward, Evans,and Gobert. Two guys with near triple doubles and Hayward becomes the first Jazz player since Pistol Pete to average 16,5 and 5. I still wouldn't offer him max money though. 38-42 maybe but I feel like Favors contract should be above his.

Oh most definitely the best game of the year.

What bothers me so much is that Corbin should of been playing these young lineups all year. I know both you and I have been asking for it. He finally decides to do it the last 4-5 games and we actually played pretty solid IMO. Starting Jefferson and Williams all season has possibly set us back 1/2 season at least. He starts Burks and Kanter(Evans last night 17 pts 11 rebs) and the energy level sky rockets. Hell Gobert had a hell of a game as well with something like 8 pts 9 rebs and 3 blocks. Bring Jefferson and Marbin off the bench so he can manage the second string and this team was playing with the youthful exuberance I though it would all season. I have no clue why he waited until this point of the season to put these guys on the court together. I thought this was supposed to be a development year, but the players never were really given the chance to play together or become a solid unit. For that reason alone I think this season was a failure, and a sole reason Corbin should be let go.

As far as Hayward, I'm with ya. I would really like him back but not sure his price is going to be worth his value. That's not saying he not a valuable asset, but I just don't think he's worth the max or close to. If he could find some consistency, yeah, but it's just going to turn out to be another AK47 fiasco IMO.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Oh most definitely the best game of the year.

What bothers me so much is that Corbin should of been playing these young lineups all year. I know both you and I have been asking for it. He finally decides to do it the last 4-5 games and we actually played pretty solid IMO. Starting Jefferson and Williams all season has possibly set us back 1/2 season at least. He starts Burks and Kanter(Evans last night 17 pts 11 rebs) and the energy level sky rockets. Hell Gobert had a hell of a game as well with something like 8 pts 9 rebs and 3 blocks. Bring Jefferson and Marbin off the bench so he can manage the second string and this team was playing with the youthful exuberance I though it would all season. I have no clue why he waited until this point of the season to put these guys on the court together. I thought this was supposed to be a development year, but the players never were really given the chance to play together or become a solid unit. For that reason alone I think this season was a failure, and a sole reason Corbin should be let go.

As far as Hayward, I'm with ya. I would really like him back but not sure his price is going to be worth his value. That's not saying he not a valuable asset, but I just don't think he's worth the max or close to. If he could find some consistency, yeah, but it's just going to turn out to be another AK47 fiasco IMO.

I agree completely, if I was the Jazz FO I would announce today that Corbin isn't coming back just to get it out of the way. His player rotations and preferences are ridiculous. There is no way Richard Jefferson should have been playing over 30 minutes a game. I'm so bummed that Ian Clark's first year was such a waste because I really felt like he could have become a nice bench piece had he been getting 15 minutes a game. Hell even Malcolm Thomas did pretty well last night giving some playing time. I know the goal is to win every night but at the same time you gotta see what you're holding onto with these young guys not the guys that are already established i.e. Jeff, MarWill, and even Lucas III.

I see Hayward as a 3rd or 4th guy on a playoff caliber team. He just doesn't have the ability to go to the next level which isn't a bad thing. Id take 16, 5, and 5 every night but I don't want him to be our #1 guy. I think that's why his shooting % was so low this year because he had to take a lot of shots he usually wouldn't take and it took him out of his comfort zone. I really hope we go after Kevin Ollie this offseason I think he'd be a great guy to coach this team and Burke and Burks could really learn a lot from the way he used to play. Nowhere to go but up so it oughta be a fun offseason.
RT@chadfordinsider: NBA just did tiebreakers for draft. Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
RT@chadfordinsider: NBA just did tiebreakers for draft. Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston.

good fuk celtics
  • Jiks

Still nervous as fuk. Top 4 is all I ask for
Jazz fan here.

Hoping we trade up for Jabari. Make things exciting.

Wooo! More Jazz fans! We'll be rivaling the Lakers fans in no time. I really hope we can get a top 4 pick and maybe trade it and Golden States pick for a top 2 pick.
A top 3 lotto pick would be incredible. Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid. Being a KU fan and a Jazz fan, top 3 would be a fun position to be in.
  • Jiks
Multiple sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune that Corbin and General Manager Dennis Lindsey are scheduled to meet on Monday, and an announcement concerning Corbin's position could come soon after that meeting.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/57842985-87/corbin-jazz-coach-coming.html.csp
Originally posted by Niners99:
A top 3 lotto pick would be incredible. Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid. Being a KU fan and a Jazz fan, top 3 would be a fun position to be in.
Who would you say the 4th best player is?
OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has elected not to offer head coach Tyrone Corbin a new contract. As a result, a search for a new head coach will begin immediately."I would like to thank Ty and his staff for all of their hard work, dedication and professionalism over the last three-plus seasons," said Jazz General Manager Dennis Lindsey. "This has not been an easy decision, but after a thorough review process, we as an organization feel that this is the best decision for our franchise moving forward."

Corbin compiled a 112-146 (.434) record with the Jazz in four seasons, guiding the team to a winning record in two of his three full seasons and a playoff appearance in 2012. The Jazz finished the 2013-14 season with a 25-57 (.305) record.

"The decision to make impactful changes in our organization is never taken lightly," said Greg Miller, CEO of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies. "Ty has always represented the Jazz franchise in a first-class manner both on the court and in the community. He did a wonderful job of building relationships with the players and encouraged their growth throughout the season. We wish Ty, Dante and their family nothing but the very best for their future."

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/utah-jazz-will-not-offer-tyrone-corbin-new-contract

Lionel Hollins or Kevin Ollie come on down!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone