LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Gobert is looking more and more like the steal of the draft.
https

He is extremely raw but Gobert is showing a lot of potential. I hope he gets some playing time this year, but we'll see what Corbin does.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Gobert is looking more and more like the steal of the draft.
https

HOLY SH!T lol that dude dunks with authority.
  • Jiks
Looks like he's added some muscle already from summer league as well. If he can gain a 20+ lbs he most definitely be in the long term plans. Surprised me with his physical play on the highlights. Didn't get to watch this game.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Looks like he's added some muscle already from summer league as well. If he can gain a 20+ lbs he most definitely be in the long term plans. Surprised me with his physical play on the highlights. Didn't get to watch this game.

I didn't get to watch it either but man with Evans hurt this kid needs to have some playing time right off the bat. He's gonna be a force down low if he keeps gaining muscle and improves his offensive game.
  • Jiks
Gobert coming in on first rotation. Favors blocks the s**t out of a guy right to OKC guy he puts it back up and Gobert is right there to block him. Pretty! Gonna be fun to see these guys play all year even if we do suck it up.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
  • Jiks
Great game last night even though we lost.

-This Harris kid may be a Wesley Mathews. He has a good game. Way early of course but I liked what I saw
-Gobert got tons of time. Even played all the way until around 3:30 left in the 4th. Played well and hit a nice hook shot in the paint. Didn't really get many offensive chances though. 1 game and players already seem to be affected by his length down low. He altered many shots.
-If Hayward wouldn't have struggled we would have won
-Our Big men are lethal. Still young but fun to watch.
-Richard Jefferson fits this team well. Not that he's anything amazing but he offers a lot as far as leadership and experience.
-Alec Burks was impressive driving to the basket which is no surprise

All in all I thought we played pretty good. Too many bone head turnovers and too many touch fouls on Durant but even after the loss I was impressed. It is only one game but we might be decent once we get Rush back.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:22 AM ]
Burks played REALLY well the other night. Some nights he looks like another CJ, some nights he shows he can be the top scorer on this team. Hayward had an off game, but I was pleasantly surprised by how the bigs played. Gobert is looking like a steal, but I wonder how his minutes go when the Jazz get healthy.
  • Jiks
Have fun watching this team but admittedly I'm ok with them losing. Maybe we can get a top 5 pick!?

I think we are playing hard, but just too young at the moment. I know adding more youth is probably not the best way but I'm thinking by next year these younger guys should be considered vets.
Pretty impressed with the young guys so far, just can't say that about anyone else. I really think they will hold Burke out for a while, and we can just accept that we will lose a LOT this year. Lucas is playing like a 3rd string PG and Tinsley looks like he didn't work out all summer. It's like playing 4/5 players a night right now. With Burke we could actually be a tough team that can win some games.

I really like what I see from Kanter, Burks, Hayward, and Favors so far. Outside of those four we have Gobert playing hard and a bunch of 3rd stringers. Once Rush gets his legs under him I can see him being a good piece, but last night he showed his is far from ready

0-7

What's going on?
  • Jiks
Originally posted by tjd808185:
0-7

What's going on?

Ty Corbin is not a very good coach, felt this way since his first season. I hate dissing on any of my teams or coaches but I think he is in over his head. If defenses stop our pick and roll we run around and do nothing. This Sloan based offense has become obsolete. We have quarters where we do absolutely nothing(since the hire). Our defense is non existent for the most part, proof comes in us being last place in the NBA in the 4th last year. His rotations are questionable. His composure at the end of close games seems to diminish and that rubs off on the young guys. I hear "we are a young team, we need time" when he and the FO insisted on playing Blackhole and an inconsitent Milsap, when we should have been playing the younger guys. IMO we should have been getting them more comfortable early on. It's not like we made the playoffs anyways.

I know he is dealing with a tough situation but I see so many things that have me . I know I am a couch GM but I just don't really see anything at all he has done beneficial to this team. I posted stats in last years thread how every single player on the team had either, 1) their worst season yet 2) or close to in almost every statistical category.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
0-7

What's going on?

Ty Corbin is not a very good coach, felt this way since his first season. I hate dissing on any of my teams or coaches but I think he is in over his head. If defenses stop our pick and roll we run around and do nothing. This Sloan based offense has become obsolete. We have quarters where we do absolutely nothing(since the hire). Our defense is non existent for the most part, proof comes in us being last place in the NBA in the 4th last year. His rotations are questionable. His composure at the end of close games seems to diminish and that rubs off on the young guys. I hear "we are a young team, we need time" when he and the FO insisted on playing Blackhole and an inconsitent Milsap, when we should have been playing the younger guys. IMO we should have been getting them more comfortable early on. It's not like we made the playoffs anyways.

I know he is dealing with a tough situation but I see so many things that have me . I know I am a couch GM but I just don't really see anything at all he has done beneficial to this team. I posted stats in last years thread how every single player on the team had either, 1) their worst season yet 2) or close to in almost every statistical category.

Exactly we should've fired him last year and made Horny our coach. They have a bit more talent then we do down in PHX but I'm pretty sure we could've gotten at least 2 to 3 wins already with the way they're playing. Its not like we don't have talent on this team, we do, its just that Corbin doesn't know how to properly manage it. Plus we just need to get rid of Tinsley that guy is a waste of minutes on the court and is done. I can't believe theres not some F/A out there that can be better then him or JL3. If we're rebuilding we might as well bring in some guys who have something to prove not guys who are on fumes and at the end of their careers.
  • Jiks
Gordon Hayward last 5 games:
22.2 ppg, 4 asst, 6 reb, 50 FG%, 87% from the line.
Gordon Hayward last 5 games:
22.2 ppg, 4 asst, 6 reb, 50 FG%, 87% from the line.

Kinda wish we wouldve signed him to a max deal.
Share 49ersWebzone