LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Manu with 8 turnovers tonight. Got dayum.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Manu with 8 turnovers tonight. Got dayum.

He killed us. That and free throws. Ugh.
Originally posted by binarythird:
Again, why compare Kobe to Lebron? It's unfair to Kobe. Kobe is great, but no one in their right mind would take him over Lebron.

At the end of the day it's all about rings.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by binarythird:
Again, why compare Kobe to Lebron? It's unfair to Kobe. Kobe is great, but no one in their right mind would take him over Lebron.

that's the ignorant viewpoint on the subject.........

LOL, are you being serious? That's an incredibly simplistic stance. Let us all bow to the basketball Gods: Robert Horry, John Salley, and Derek Fisher. lol.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I obviously will be watching tonight as its the finals, but I am hoping for a better show. We have had some great moments, great plays, but not really great games. One time kicks the others ass, change roles tomorrow...I want a true championship game. Maybe that comes if there is a game 7. LeBron better attack tonight. Green needs to keep nailing three's. Parker has to attack the heat, and the heat need to defend the damn perimeter.

Play the birdman spo, you overrated coach!

Yesterday's post. Guess the championship/great moment was last night. Great game. I thought birdman brought energy the needed on the defensive side, even used a few fouls the regulars needed to keep. LeBron attacked in the fourth which freed up his teammates and brought energy. Spurs missed needed free throws and Manu lost his mind.

Those blocks and the ending was exciting!
  • Jiks
Pop lost this game for them. No clue what he was doing. Taking out Parker and Duncan was the difference. If Duncan was in for one of those rebounds, end game. And not having your best player out for the final whatever seconds and allowing Ginobli to drive into 5 defenders had me completely baffled. Think he out coached himself on this one.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Pop lost this game for them. No clue what he was doing. Taking out Parker and Duncan was the difference. If Duncan was in for one of those rebounds, end game. And not having your best player out for the final whatever seconds and allowing Ginobli to drive into 5 defenders had me completely baffled. Think he out coached himself on this one.

I agree. What was Duncan doing out of the game. Allen would not have made that shot had Duncan was in for that rebound. End of game Spurs win. This series has been back and forth and if it keeps going that way, means Spurs win the next one. I'm hoping Spurs take it. For a guy that has no drama, for a team that has no ego's, for a team that didn't need to bring in 2-3 superstars to win a Championship.....I hope Duncan wins another before he leaves the game. I love Wade and his game, but I just can't stand Lebron and Bosh.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I agree. What was Duncan doing out of the game. Allen would not have made that shot had Duncan was in for that rebound. End of game Spurs win. This series has been back and forth and if it keeps going that way, means Spurs win the next one. I'm hoping Spurs take it. For a guy that has no drama, for a team that has no ego's, for a team that didn't need to bring in 2-3 superstars to win a Championship.....I hope Duncan wins another before he leaves the game. I love Wade and his game, but I just can't stand Lebron and Bosh.

Isn't that classic Pop?
Isn't that what he is known for? For unconventional patterns in regards to substitution?

I know during the regular season he will have 10 guys touch the court by the 10min into the 1st quarter.... And will tighten up the minutes in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Baldie:

But heat will likely win now. The winner will have earned it. Everyone cheered lebron when he gave up his summer to carry our team to US gold despite the fact he had come off back to back finals runs. He had no break and now in his 3rd consecutive finals he is on the verge of repeating. Heat organization had only one star when shaq left for a couple seasons and one of the lowest payrolls in the NBA. Dudes took a paycut to do something special. One team is built through draft and one by free agency but both has a big three one just had theirs longer. And lebron had a troubled upbringing yet he turned out to be unselfish and wants to please others. He could be lot worse for a father less kid from the hood. He deserves what he gets on the court because no one will give it to him

Ray Allen doesn't have a chance to tie the game if LeBron didn't go beast mode early in the 4th. Yeah he had some bad turnovers at the end but they wouldn't have even had a chance to win if he didn't do what he did.

Beast
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ray Allen doesn't have a chance to tie the game if LeBron didn't go beast mode early in the 4th. Yeah he had some bad turnovers at the end but they wouldn't have even had a chance to win if he didn't do what he did.

Beast

He looked possessed out there. He did almost give the game away a couple of times, but they still pulled it off, largely because of him. Easily the most heart breaking loss I've experienced in sports. This is worse than .4 seconds as a Spurs fan, and, as a sports fan, worse than the Super Bowl (emotionally, at least).
[ Edited by pantstickle on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM ]
Heat defense down the stretch erased the big three for the most part and they are doing to manu what was done to Hardin last year. Lockdown defense
Looking back either team could have won. I read that Parker had cramps during the last minutes of the game. Game 7? I have no idea. Leonard, even though he missed the free throw, might be ready for a signature game.
Looking back either team could have won. I read that Parker had cramps during the last minutes of the game. Game 7? I have no idea. Leonard, even though he missed the free throw, might be ready for a signature game.

Series is far from over. Green, Parker, Ginobli all played like basura. Should be epic.
Share 49ersWebzone