There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Spurs do play elite defense. BTW, what is the exact height diff between the spurs starting 5 vs pacers starting 5, +2?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Spurs do play elite defense. BTW, what is the exact height diff between the spurs starting 5 vs pacers starting 5, +2?

I still can't get over the fact that SAS couldn't match up on the perimeter vs OKC because they didn't have the athleticism but MIA shut them down as I knew they would because of their elite perimeter defenders and now you have the same situation again when once again the Spurs will have to defend vs MIA wings and keep them from penetrating and making plays for themselves or others and racking up fouls on SAS bigs. Maybe SAS can do this, maybe they can't but I just don't see the athleticism to stop Wade, Lebron and Chalmers from penetrating. And Bosh has been taking Tim Duncan to task in the games I have seen them square off so I don't know what SAS does there.

The Pacers had the right athletes to match up with MIA on the perimeter size speed and physicality. Stephenson, George, and Young then you have a physically imposing frontline of Hibbert and West backed up by Mahinmi and Hansbrough. Might I add that out East defense is the emphasis as well as chippy physical play unlike most West squads. Pacers were willing to do the dirty work and make the hard fouls to try to unnerve MIA. SAS doesn't strike me as that type of team but if they try they will get owned by a gutter MIA team.

If you don't stop Lebron from being Lebron, you have no chance. The dude is unreal and he is only getting better year by year. He does everything on the court in at least 4 positions and he does it on both ends of the court at a level unmatched by his peers. SAS has a shot and I have been an admirer of theirs since they drafted Duncan but they won't have it easy and neither will MIA
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM ]
The Heat-Pacer matchup was fun to watch. I just want to see a good series. DWade is on the downward spiral, too many years going to the basket. The elevation won't be there for an entire series. If Parker has a big series Spurs have a good shot.
Spurs are a a much better team than the Pacers, but that doesn't mean spit in playoff basketball. It's all about matchups, as they say. Pacers simply were especially well-suited to give Miami trouble and to exploit their weaknesses.

Spurs have a chance, but I fear Miami has been coasting in the Leastern Conference and will shift into a higher gear on the Finals. They have Lebron James, for crying out loud.

Miami in 6.

I also predicted Memphis in 6, so I'm hoping for a similar result.
I am looking forward to tonights scheme of attack. Should be interesting to see how they attack each other, and if they can gaurd Parker. Also to see if 10 days effects them or not.
It's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol @ Spurs fans making flop jokes
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol this. Ever heard of Manu Ginobili?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol this. Ever heard of Manu Ginobili?

You mean Mr. Floppy?

• fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Miami in Seven. But man, I can not underestimate the Spurs.
Originally posted by fropwns:

That would make for some extremely exciting television... I think Miami in 6. I think the Pacers represented a better matchup vs the Heat than the Spurs. The Heat really had no answer for Hibbert + West. I think Bosh matches up much better vs. Duncan / Splitter.

I also think the 1 game suspension on the Birdman had a huge impact as well.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That would make for some extremely exciting television... I think Miami in 6. I think the Pacers represented a better matchup vs the Heat than the Spurs. The Heat really had no answer for Hibbert + West. I think Bosh matches up much better vs. Duncan / Splitter.

This all reminds me of when SA played DET. It was all DET in 6 or 7 because they had the length and had beaten the Lakers the previous year along with a very physical Leastern Conference road to the Finals.

You underestimate the Spurs ability to play physical. This team plays VERY physical ball.

Game 1 is a concern only because no one knows how 9 days rest can affect a team.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

This all reminds me of when SA played DET. It was all DET in 6 or 7 because they had the length and had beaten the Lakers the previous year along with a very physical Leastern Conference road to the Finals.

You underestimate the Spurs ability to play physical. This team plays VERY physical ball.

Game 1 is a concern only because no one knows how 9 days rest can affect a team.

And I think you are overestimating the route the Spurs had to get here. They beat the dumpster fire Lakers, the 'Cinderella' Warriors, and overmatched Grizzlies. You're right about the Spurs being a physical team, but the team the Spurs had issues with was the 3pt shooting, athletic team in the Warriors. And the Heat are that and more....

spurs in 7 in double OT
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
F San Antonio as a organization, staff, label, and mfing crew, and if you wanna be down with them, well you know the rest.