There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by fropwns:
speculation at best. Give the heat credit for their performance in Game 7. Now they face a mighty challenge.

I'm gonna pull a public Garce thing... this guy should get a warning if he keeps up the BS trolling. It is annoying, especially when he post three BS posts in a row.

If it makes you feel any better, I privately Garced him.

What does "Garced" mean? I guess I dont pay close enough attention.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by fropwns:
speculation at best. Give the heat credit for their performance in Game 7. Now they face a mighty challenge.

I'm gonna pull a public Garce thing... this guy should get a warning if he keeps up the BS trolling. It is annoying, especially when he post three BS posts in a row.

If it makes you feel any better, I privately Garced him.

What does "Garced" mean? I guess I dont pay close enough attention.

LOL. It means to snitch on someone to the authorities. Named after Garcia, who once did that to someone in the 24/7 thread, I believe.
Damn, I was hoping it meant to hogtie someone and lock him in your trunk.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by fropwns:
speculation at best. Give the heat credit for their performance in Game 7. Now they face a mighty challenge.

I'm gonna pull a public Garce thing... this guy should get a warning if he keeps up the BS trolling. It is annoying, especially when he post three BS posts in a row.

If it makes you feel any better, I privately Garced him.

What does "Garced" mean? I guess I dont pay close enough attention.

LOL. It means to snitch on someone to the authorities. Named after Garcia, who once did that to someone in the 24/7 thread, I believe.

Gotcha. I thought it meant meeting him for a beer and calling him Dave.
f**kin garce
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL. It means to snitch on someone to the authorities. Named after Garcia, who once did that to someone in the 24/7 thread, I believe.

Is there anyway we can get a summary of this story? Sounds juicy...
Heat in 6...

Is this series a 2-3-2?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Heat in 6...

Is this series a 2-3-2?

Yes.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL. It means to snitch on someone to the authorities. Named after Garcia, who once did that to someone in the 24/7 thread, I believe.

Is there anyway we can get a summary of this story? Sounds juicy...

The report/snitch button should be changed to the Garce button
Miami biggest problem is their offense. Defensively, they can be very sound and dominant but they are still consistently unfocused. Offensively, Lebron is really the one player who doesn't lose much focus. All other players don't play the same level from game to game and get sloppy at times.

This is one of the few things Spurs can hope to take advantage of.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Miami biggest problem is their offense. Defensively, they can be very sound and dominant but they are still consistently unfocused. Offensively, Lebron is really the one player who doesn't lose much focus. All other players don't play the same level from game to game and get sloppy at times.

This is one of the few things Spurs can hope to take advantage of.

It's interesting that guys like Battier and Miller are largely ineffective this year. Last year, they were pivotal in their 3pt shooting.

Bosh has disappeared, Wade is hot/cold. The Birdman is only consistent presence (if he's not suspended).
Originally posted by Joecool:
Indiana is a sloppy offensive team. SA is much better than Indiana and Randolph played like crap because he was double teamed often along with the fact that Tim is very healthy. Not sure where you are getting that Hibbert is better than Tim. Check their playoff stats. As for playing against one 7'1" player as apposed to two 6'11" players as being tougher...I'm not sure about that. You may as well call Tim a 7-footer. Also, Tim and Splitter work very well within the flow of the offense whereas Hibbert and West are primarily slow it down post up guys.

Miami is facing one of the most cohesively executing team on the court that can bang or run. It is very difficult for teams to dictate the pace because Spurs can play just about any style.

I didnt say hibbert is better than tim, but i keep forgetting tim is now a center lol, hes always been a PF in my eyes. But Hibbert can create more problems defensively than duncan thats for sure...thats the aspect i was getting to, the defensive aspect...lebron would much rather face tim duncan as he is driving down the paint than hibbert, plus hibbert is younger and more athletic and has more shot blocking ability at this point of his young career than does tim duncan..offensively, no question tim duncan is miles ahead of hibbert, but defensively i feel as though hibbert is better
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Indiana is a sloppy offensive team. SA is much better than Indiana and Randolph played like crap because he was double teamed often along with the fact that Tim is very healthy. Not sure where you are getting that Hibbert is better than Tim. Check their playoff stats. As for playing against one 7'1" player as apposed to two 6'11" players as being tougher...I'm not sure about that. You may as well call Tim a 7-footer. Also, Tim and Splitter work very well within the flow of the offense whereas Hibbert and West are primarily slow it down post up guys.

Miami is facing one of the most cohesively executing team on the court that can bang or run. It is very difficult for teams to dictate the pace because Spurs can play just about any style.

I didnt say hibbert is better than tim, but i keep forgetting tim is now a center lol, hes always been a PF in my eyes. But Hibbert can create more problems defensively than duncan thats for sure...thats the aspect i was getting to, the defensive aspect...lebron would much rather face tim duncan as he is driving down the paint than hibbert, plus hibbert is younger and more athletic and has more shot blocking ability at this point of his young career than does tim duncan..offensively, no question tim duncan is miles ahead of hibbert, but defensively i feel as though hibbert is better

Tim Duncan was ahead (almost even) of Hibbert in blocks per game for the season and is nearly right there with him in blocks per game in the playoffs. Everyone has this stereotype of the Spurs and it's mainly due to years of being unhealthy in the playoffs. There rebounds per game in the playoffs is about equal. Tim is a much better offensive player than Hibbert.

Duncan will be more of a challenge, offensively and defensively, for Miami than was Hibbert.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Tim Duncan was ahead (almost even) of Hibbert in blocks per game for the season and is nearly right there with him in blocks per game in the playoffs. Everyone has this stereotype of the Spurs and it's mainly due to years of being unhealthy in the playoffs. There rebounds per game in the playoffs is about equal. Tim is a much better offensive player than Hibbert.

Duncan will be more of a challenge, offensively and defensively, for Miami than was Hibbert.

meh, idk about defensively...ill agree to disagree with that statement lol, but offensively no doubt
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Miami biggest problem is their offense. Defensively, they can be very sound and dominant but they are still consistently unfocused. Offensively, Lebron is really the one player who doesn't lose much focus. All other players don't play the same level from game to game and get sloppy at times.

This is one of the few things Spurs can hope to take advantage of.

It's interesting that guys like Battier and Miller are largely ineffective this year. Last year, they were pivotal in their 3pt shooting.

Bosh has disappeared, Wade is hot/cold. The Birdman is only consistent presence (if he's not suspended).

I really hope Miami tries to trade 3's with the Spurs. Miami's personnel, aside from James and a little bit of Wade, is the 3-pointer and jumper. Spurs win that type of game which was why people got on Memphis' bandwaggon because they had the defense and big offense to combat that...not vs this Spurs team.