LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Spurs in 7
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sacniner:
The moves that Pop will make are going to make this thing interesting. I can't wait. I always underestimate the Spurs like many do. I think the Heat will probably win, but at this point it seems like a tossup. The last we saw the Spurs they swept a Memphis team that many people (including myself) chose to win the series. I'm looking forward to a great series that will go six or seven hopefully.

Yeup, Pop makes Spurs very dangerous. But, I don't fear the match-ups, like I did against the Pacers. Dealing with Duncan and Parker is going to be very very difficult. I like Kwahi and he is an under-rated defender. I know JC thinks Kwahi will slow down Lebron...but I don't see it. IMO, Lebron will have a huge series.

I believe most of the games will go down to the wire. Heat can go cold from 3 and still win games, I don't think Spurs can...and that can be the deciding factor in a close series.

I don't really think he or Green will slow Lebron down to the extent where he will need to defer but what they allow the Spurs to do is not have to help all the time. I honestly think it may be better to put Leonard on Wade so Wade is completely shut down. Green has quicker feet so his primary job would be to keep Lebron infront and force him to be a score from the jump shot. Leonard may have to guard him if he begins to post.

Tim Duncan has been a force on defense this year. He was ranked 3rd in Blocked Shots (ahead of Hibbert) and he's been the most agile since I can remember.

The biggest problem Miami has to deal with is the off cutter or whatever they call that guy that really isn't the primary look on the offense. Splitter's ability to cut to the basket and finish may give MIA some body shots.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by robniner:

I will make sure the Heat win this series.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2012/10/why-nba-fans-hate-david-stern-nba-commissioner-steps-down/

Not looking good for the Spurs

Former NBA ref, Tim Donaghy wrote in his
book:
"As soon as the referees for the game were chosen,
the rest of us [other NBA refs] knew immediately
there would be a Game 7."

In an article the the Daily Beast , Donaghy was asked
to elaborate. He told them that:
"Bavetta (an NBA ref who reffed game 6) would
always say he was the NBA's 'go to guy' and he
would always help make the series go another game
… he said [this] to me before the game in L.A."

Pretty obvious Stern wants to go out on top.
speculation at best. Give the heat credit for their performance in Game 7. Now they face a mighty challenge.
Originally posted by fropwns:
speculation at best. Give the heat credit for their performance in Game 7. Now they face a mighty challenge.

I'm gonna pull a public Garce thing... this guy should get a warning if he keeps up the BS trolling. It is annoying, especially when he post three BS posts in a row.

I'm gonna pull a public Garce thing... this guy should get a warning if he keeps up the BS trolling. It is annoying, especially when he post three BS posts in a row.

word, we get your point, no need to be posting the same s**t over and over again

If it makes you feel any better, I privately Garced him.
I mean I can do it too, watch
Heat in 3.
I like turtles
I like turtles

Heat favored by 5.5
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Heat favored by 5.5

I'd be really surprised if Miami lost Game 1. San Antonio just had the longest break possible, and Miami just got out of a very intense series. I think it's hard to simply turn the intensity on after a long break like San Antonio just had, and Miami's already there in that respect.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Heat favored by 5.5

I'd be really surprised if Miami lost Game 1. San Antonio just had the longest break possible, and Miami just got out of a very intense series. I think it's hard to simply turn the intensity on after a long break like San Antonio just had, and Miami's already there in that respect.

I agree. I think the Pacers were actually a harder matchup than the Spurs are. Hibbert / West / George are all young (West kinda) and long. Duncan & Ginobili are really old (still effective).

This series will come down to how productive Tony Parker can be. If he can be the best player on the floor, they'll have a chance.

I just don't see a good matchup against LeBron for the Spurs. George played well, especially in Indy.
Heat favored by 5.5

There is no way San Antonio could match the intensity in practice to equal the ECF.

But the real question is do you think Miami will cover the spread game 1?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Heat favored by 5.5

I agree. I think the Pacers were actually a harder matchup than the Spurs are. Hibbert / West / George are all young (West kinda) and long. Duncan & Ginobili are really old (still effective).

This series will come down to how productive Tony Parker can be. If he can be the best player on the floor, they'll have a chance.

I just don't see a good matchup against LeBron for the Spurs. George played well, especially in Indy.

I think Leonard's just a very small notch below George as a defender, so while LeBron's gonna do his thing, I don't think it's gonna be too different from the ECFs.

I don't think Parker can be the best player on the floor, but by the same token, San Antonio's two best offensive players (Parker & Duncan) both play the positions that Miami has the hardest time defending. IMO, LeBron's defensive talents are going to be a little bit wasted in this series, because SA primarily has spot up shooters at SG, SF, & PF.
Share 49ersWebzone