There are 249 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.

Why do the haters think he was obligated to stay in s**tty Cleveland. The way he left was bad, but we all know that (Including him). Are we going to hold that against him forever? If so, you better hold all the s**t other athletes do against them.

He left Cleveland for Miami. Who the f**k wouldn't? Magic was in LA. Yes, he didn't leave, is that surprising? MJ was in Chi Town, another awesome city. Get real.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Why do the haters think he was obligated to stay in s**tty Cleveland. The way he left was bad, but we all know that (Including him). Are we going to hold that against him forever? If so, you better hold all the s**t other athletes do against them.

He left Cleveland for Miami. Who the f**k wouldn't? Magic was in LA. Yes, he didn't leave, is that surprising? MJ was in Chi Town, another awesome city. Get reat.

I laugh at the question: why didn't he tough it out in Cleveland? It is pretty dumb argument because he did tough it out in Cleveland. He didn't b***h or moan like MJ about his team-mates. He didn't ask to be traded. He didn't talk s**t about them behind their back or to their face. In fact, he took them as high as he could. He signed the rookie extension contract, he played 7 years and let everyone know in advance that he will test out the FA. He paid all his dues to Cleveland.

So, this notion that he left Cleveland high n dry is ridiculous. The decision was a mistake...he realized it later.

That's the worst thing he has done off the court & ppl hate him for that. Many of the Cleveland fans want him back now. Even they got over it.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
LOL @ staying in Cleveland

https://vine.co/v/hur6dP7i7i9

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I laugh at the question: why didn't he tough it out in Cleveland? It is pretty dumb argument because he did tough it out in Cleveland. He didn't b***h or moan like MJ about his team-mates. He didn't ask to be traded. He didn't talk s**t about them behind their back or to their face. In fact, he took them as high as he could. He signed the rookie extension contract, he played 7 years and let everyone know in advance that he will test out the FA. He paid all his dues to Cleveland.

So, this notion that he left Cleveland high n dry is ridiculous. The decision was a mistake...he realized it later.

That's the worst thing he has done off the court & ppl hate him for that. Many of the Cleveland fans want him back now. Even they got over it.

Exactly. It was funny that Dan Gilbert made it seem like Lebron screwed him over and he did so much for Lebron. Lebron made that guy so much damn money. No one gave a f**k about Cleveland before that. I actually like their young squad now, but I dislike Gilbert. And, its been mentioned a lot, Cleveland's front office failed while they had Lebron. What were they thinking? They surrounded him with s**t year after year. This notion that MJ or Kobe would have sat their quitely for their entire career, all else equal, is absolute b******t.
Originally posted by valrod33:
https://vine.co/v/hur6dP7i7i9

Does this guy ever have a non-embarrassing public moment that isn't involving a basketball?

Man, I love Bosh...lol
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Thank f**king god that Lebron left Cleveland. As a basketball fan, it was such a pathetic waste of Lebron's talents with all the garbage they surrounded him with for 7 years. I hated that he went to Miami because their fans suck and they don't deserve it. But, to see someone come in with as much hype and promise and talent as LeBron, and to see him take his lumps but still fulfill his ceiling? It's rewarding to watch.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Thank f**king god that Lebron left Cleveland. As a basketball fan, it was such a pathetic waste of Lebron's talents with all the garbage they surrounded him with for 7 years. I hated that he went to Miami because their fans suck and they don't deserve it. But, to see someone come in with as much hype and promise and talent as LeBron, and to see him take his lumps but still fulfill his ceiling? It's rewarding to watch.

this is what I've been trying to say
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by dhp318:

this is what I've been trying to say

Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovich, Boobi Gibson... stellar
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jun 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM ]
The Cavs had no. 10 pick in 2004 draft and they drafted Luke Jackson to play alongside Lebron. Then they traded away the 2005 1st rounder (with no lottery protection) for Jiri Welsch. It would have been the 13th pick in the draft. There were more stupid trades involving 1st round picks.

Since taking LeBron with the 1st overall pick in 2003, the Cavs used their first-round picks on Luke Jackson, Jiri Welsch, Shannon Brown, J.J. Hickson, and Christian Eyenga. Six drafts, five players, one rotation player. I'm not saying that the Cavs would have drafted a Granger or a Rondo if they'd kept those picks, but they at least would've had a chance.

...and Lebron left Cleveland high n dry? He was stupid to not leave early.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sacniner:

He left Cleveland for Miami. Who the f**k wouldn't? Magic was in LA. Yes, he didn't leave, is that surprising? MJ was in Chi Town, another awesome city. Get reat.

You wrote exactly what I was going to type lol

if you sign a contract, you play the contract, then you can gtfo if you want. LeBron played throughout his contract, he didn't make anything a big deal in the middle of the season and act like a diva like Howard and Paul did.

Cleveland f**ked up by not giving him any talent around him. Besides the obvious Wade and Bosh, Miami is trying to give him better role players every season. They're surrounding him with good role players like Ray Allen, Shane Battier, etc. Why anyone would stay in s**tty ass Cleveland where they surround you with Mo Williams, Wally f**king Szczerbiak, washed up Shaq and Eric Snow, when you can go to Miami with Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Battier, etc.

Not only is Wade a million times better than anyone LeBron played with in Cleveland, Miami's role players are a lot better and fit better than his role players in Cleveland did, that's why I brought up Ray Allen and Battier.
I don't begrudge him leaving Cleveland. It was the teaming up with another superstar and another perennial all-star that I thought was really weak.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't begrudge him leaving Cleveland. It was the teaming up with another superstar and another perennial all-star that I thought was really weak.

So Shaq leaving to be with 1 all star is ok, but if its 2 all stars then its weak?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

So Shaq leaving to be with 1 all star is ok, but if its 2 all stars then its weak?

How about Garnett and Allen joining Pierce?
LeBron will win the other championships with Golden State. Book it.