LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

There is nothing wrong with LeBron . He has a pack mentality. He grew up with people helping him because his mom was not always perfect. He had his friends fathers as his fathers so he feels he owes people because they helped him. This is why he chooses to keep his friends involved in his life and he went to Miami to play with his friends and he keeps his teammates involved in his games. He plays for his teammate and himself and this unselfishness is born of the generosity bestowed upon him by others. Did you see the anguish on his face with the decision? He didn't want to let Cleveland down but he had to leave to grow up. It is time for his detractors to do so too
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
There is nothing wrong with LeBron . He has a pack mentality. He grew up with people helping him because his mom was not always perfect. He had his friends fathers as his fathers so he feels he owes people because they helped him. This is why he chooses to keep his friends involved in his life and he went to Miami to play with his friends and he keeps his teammates involved in his games. He plays for his teammate and himself and this unselfishness is born of the generosity bestowed upon him by others. Did you see the anguish on his face with the decision? He didn't want to let Cleveland down but he had to leave to grow up. It is time for his detractors to do so too

Everything you say has validity and even though I was rooting for the Spurs it was awesome to see a talent such as his put a team on their back. The negative feelings toward LeBron go back to "The Decision", just bad PR. If he had made his choice like the unselfish way he plays ball he would be held in a brighter light.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
No matter what you Lebron Lovers love about him, the way he travels on the basketball court, or the way he needed Wade to save him numerous times, You can poke fun at me all you want, not gonna make me change my mind about that trader wannabe top 50 maybe player.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CRAZY PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET

That about sums that up. Lol, get a life bro
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Lol at the dude bagging on LeBron in Cleveland. He was a kid! He is a different player now. All your stars, except for a few HS players, matured in college. James came straight to the Cavs and had to mature, learn to play high level basketball on a s**tty team as a damn kid. You hold that against him?

Come on dude. Its not ok he left Cleveland because he is from Ohio? Lol get over it.
Other than his first year he has shot close to 50%. I think he even did good in his first year. He adapted to the pro game quicker than any other HS player I can think of. I think he immediately started to live up to the hype, most HS players took at least 2-3 years to have a decent NBA game.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Lol at the dude bagging on LeBron in Cleveland. He was a kid! He is a different player now. All your stars, except for a few HS players, matured in college. James came straight to the Cavs and had to mature, learn to play high level basketball on a s**tty team as a damn kid. You hold that against him?

Come on dude. Its not ok he left Cleveland because he is from Ohio? Lol get over it.
Other than his first year he has shot close to 50%. I think he even did good in his first year. He adapted to the pro game quicker than any other HS player I can think of. I think he immediately started to live up to the hype, most HS players took at least 2-3 years to have a decent NBA game.

Totally agree, but I am talking about his overall game, approach and maturity. He was knocked for passing up the last shots for teammates. He was a kid. And he is way better than he was when he entered the league.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Everything you say has validity and even though I was rooting for the Spurs it was awesome to see a talent such as his put a team on their back. The negative feelings toward LeBron go back to "The Decision", just bad PR. If he had made his choice like the unselfish way he plays ball he would be held in a brighter light.

This is very true as his Q score dropped significantly following that debacle. The absolute worst advice he could have taken was to do that show. It didn't hurt that he could not win in Cleveland and pouted when they lost in the playoffs. Also, I believe that there was a sentiment amongst the owners and people at the very top of the basketball world that resented that these 3 young guys ignored the dangling carrot of the money used to control them and defied convention to take matters into their own hands to form a super team. This act further signified that this is a player's league and not just an owner's league and that was unsettling for some. Once the media said that Lebron was a villain then it caught on like wildfire despite the fact that Lebron was never a criminal, a bad teammate or anything other than a sore loser. Now he is the antihero and he must get used to this

I just seen this and I had to post it lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
This is very true as his Q score dropped significantly following that debacle. The absolute worst advice he could have taken was to do that show. It didn't hurt that he could not win in Cleveland and pouted when they lost in the playoffs. Also, I believe that there was a sentiment amongst the owners and people at the very top of the basketball world that resented that these 3 young guys ignored the dangling carrot of the money used to control them and defied convention to take matters into their own hands to form a super team. This act further signified that this is a player's league and not just an owner's league and that was unsettling for some. Once the media said that Lebron was a villain then it caught on like wildfire despite the fact that Lebron was never a criminal, a bad teammate or anything other than a sore loser. Now he is the antihero and he must get used to this

Yea...a lot of the backlash was/is that 3 rich young men decided to form a team rather than old wise men. They think this is somehow impure.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't begrudge him leaving Cleveland. It was the teaming up with another superstar and another perennial all-star that I thought was really weak.

It's not weak at all when you look around and see that every team winning the chip had 2 super-stars or a combination of Super-star with 2 all-stars and a lot of talent around them. The only exception was Pistons...who had 5 really good players.

Neither the '09 nor '10 Lakers won a title with two superstars or a superstar and 2 all-stars and a lot of talent around them. And not only did he sign with a team with 2 superstars, he ALSO had a third guy that was a perennial all-star.

I've never understood why this doesn't grate on your guys' competitive spirit.

It certainly does with me. Its the reason I rooted for San Antonio and will always root against the Yankees or Dodgers. Going out and just buying teams does grate on my nerves and its sweet when these teams get beat.
Jordan was significantly better than Kobe and Lebron. Lebron has the chance to improve but right now he isn't there. Jordan gave you 50 point games regularly during the finals. Last night vs that defense he would have scored 50 plus. You just don't lay off MJ like that because he could shoot lights out inside the 3 pt line. He would laugh at these defenses. And Penny Hardaway too. If Penny stayed healthy history would read differently

Or just once. smh

And Penny was good, but c'mon now, lol. I have read the strangest s**t on here over the last 24 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we0myBZ6kv0

Jordan. mmm, mmm, mmm!! Lebron and Kobe are good but not this good. Lebron still has a chance and is arguably on pace to surpass Jordan legacy wise being that Jordan took 2 years of in the middle of his 2 3peats to halt his string of potentially 8 straight chips but the film doesn't lie. Jordan had handles, footwork, speed, power, grace, hang time, explosion, shooting, leaping and finishing ability, defense, savvy, charisma, style, etc, etc, etc. He was the master and he is the ideal that all of these young stars aspire to and as you can see in his earlier years he was especially formidable and impressive as an athletic specimen yet he could do whatever he wanted to on the basketball court.

4.3 speed, 48" vertical, large hands, powerful body and he was ultra aggressive and just as confident. He was an intimidator and never backed down from the opposition even in his early years. It is one thing to look at stats and historical accounting but yet another to have witnessed it as it happened and retain the memory to apply to what is seen today. I root for the Heat because D Wade is my favorite player since he was drafted and Lebron has been my second fave but as D Wade says all the time, there is no one as great as Jordan yet. Lebron still has time but he isn't it yet. I am pulling for him but MJ23 is the GOAT

D Wade. A Chi Town baller!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone