There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Great season by the spurs. Hard to see those guys, pop & Duncan, etc. lose. Such class acts. Great series for fans to watch though. Lots of Highs and lows, one team is going to win, then the other, etc. Glad LeBron won another and that it was back to back. I don't know how much longer this team will keep winning without changing a piece. Hell, a lot of the role players are old so something has to change.

James answered his critics when he needed to but they won't admit it. Good for him. He is a great person and a great talent. (I could do with a few less drama faces during games, but most stars do it. He is just so animated when he does it its irritating)

Now bring the King to the Kings!

Go Kings!
^ I've been somewhat critical but mainly due to his reluctance to shoot that jumper. Dude can't be afraid to pop that. Series would have been over sooner IMO if he committed to that like he did last night. He always seemed hesitant to shoot, and last night talking to the tv I was like " see dude you can hit that!" He just needs to roll with this and keep improving on it. If he can dudes going to be an even bigger force with the complete package. Pretty scary.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.
It was a great series watched world wide. Many of us were standing in front of the television the last few minutes. My only critical observation is that this kind of intensity is lacking during the regular season. Whereas pro football is a grand production for 16 regular season games. The intensity is there each week. Basketball is playedy throughout Asia, where I am. It's simple, all you need is a hoop and a ball. When Yao Ming played an NBA game in China 350 million people watched it on TV. It is truly the International game. I love watching good basketball but I'll take a 49er game any day.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.

I think things like this change once the player retired. When they are actually playing there are aspects any and everyone can pick apart. Once they leave people realize how amazingly good these guys were and what the game is missing without them. Look at Duncan, he's been nothing but great and people still don't recognize him for his greatness. Once he leaves people will realize what he really meant to the game and his team. As the saying song goes "you don't know what you got til it gone."
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It was a great series watched world wide. Many of us were standing in front of the television the last few minutes. My only critical observation is that this kind of intensity is lacking during the regular season. Whereas pro football is a grand production for 16 regular season games. The intensity is there each week. Basketball is playedy throughout Asia, where I am. It's simple, all you need is a hoop and a ball. When Yao Ming played an NBA game in China 350 million people watched it on TV. It is truly the International game. I love watching good basketball but I'll take a 49er game any day.

I love 49er football too, it's the greatest. But this Warriors run was so thrilling, and the finals were AMAZING. The NBA and the talent it holds right now is incredible, I love it. Now with Stern leaving, it can only get better. It's truly a great game again. I have no idea what I'm going to do the next few months lol, baseball bores the snot out of me.
Props to both teams for putting on a great show. I never had this much fun watching basketball in a long time. Could you imagine the s**t storm Lebron would be basking in right now by the media had the Heat lost game 6 after his two crucial turnovers late in the 4th? The scary thing is he knows he escaped a bullet and is going to be so much wiser and better going forward. If Wade can get back to 100% which he should can you say 3 in a row?
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 14,435
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Great season by the spurs. Hard to see those guys, pop & Duncan, etc. lose. Such class acts. Great series for fans to watch though. Lots of Highs and lows, one team is going to win, then the other, etc. Glad LeBron won another and that it was back to back. I don't know how much longer this team will keep winning without changing a piece. Hell, a lot of the role players are old so something has to change.

James answered his critics when he needed to but they won't admit it. Good for him. He is a great person and a great talent. (I could do with a few less drama faces during games, but most stars do it. He is just so animated when he does it its irritating)

Now bring the King to the Kings!

Go Kings!
This. Except that part about the Kings.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 14,435
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.
As I recall there was a great deal of drama when he left Orlando. He was the most prized player, minus Michael, at the time. Shaq most certainly created drama when he left the Lakers. Did he do "the Decision?" No, but there was still some drama. More to your point. Lebron is polarizing for some. It is as if all NBA fans are closet Cav's fans. They are angry that he left his original team to pursue success elsewhere. I am happy for the guy. Good for him. He'll never match Jordan. Nor does he have to do it. All he needs to do is rack up as much hardware as possible and let the fans, pundits, etc decide once his career is over his place all-time.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jun 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,291
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.
The Bulls had some decent players around Jordan other than Pippen, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, and Steve Kerr weren't exactly trash.
From Wikipedia on the Cavs after James left:
On the court, the 2010–11 season was a stark contrast from the previous season. They went from 61 wins in 2009-10 to a conference-worst 19, the biggest single-season drop in NBA history.
Kind of shows you the trash they surrounded James with, they won 60+ with him, could not even win 20 after he left.
congrats to the heat. LeBron deserves it. good to see guys like Ray Allen and Shane Battier win, too. with that being said, still dislike Miami fans.
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.

Except for MJs final 2 years, he took a huge pay cut so the Bulls could build a winning roster around him.

Does John Paxons game clinching 3 pointer over look Jordan's performance in the 93 finals? I don't think so unless you are also a MJ hater.

Edit: the Cavs were the worst team in the NBa the season after he left
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.

Except for MJs final 2 years, he took a huge pay cut so the Bulls could build a winning roster around him.

Does John Paxons game clinching 3 pointer over look Jordan's performance in the 93 finals? I don't think so unless you are also a MJ hater.

Edit: the Cavs were the worst team in the NBa the season after he left


John Paxon and Jordan were teamates for 10 years during those times coming in the league together almost, when jordan couldnt get past the Pistons of the late 80's you didn't hear Jordan say " I'm gonna take my talents to Inglewood and play with Magic Johnson and win 7 titles in a row" The way its designed now, the Heat better win the next 3 or 4 titles because they have the Best player in Lebron, a dang good player and superstar in Wade and Bosh is a very good Big athletic guy top 15 talent.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.

Except for MJs final 2 years, he took a huge pay cut so the Bulls could build a winning roster around him.

Does John Paxons game clinching 3 pointer over look Jordan's performance in the 93 finals? I don't think so unless you are also a MJ hater.

Edit: the Cavs were the worst team in the NBa the season after he left


John Paxon and Jordan were teamates for 10 years during those times coming in the league together almost, when jordan couldnt get past the Pistons of the late 80's you didn't hear Jordan say " I'm gonna take my talents to Inglewood and play with Magic Johnson and win 7 titles in a row" The way its designed now, the Heat better win the next 3 or 4 titles because they have the Best player in Lebron, a dang good player and superstar in Wade and Bosh is a very good Big athletic guy top 15 talent.

So I guess Shaq is a chump for leaving Orlando to play along side Kobe instead of Scott Skiles.
...