There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think this is the best basketball post by you that I've read. Great, observant stuff here, and spot on.

Personally, I don't understand why teams still don't dare LeBron to shoot from the outside. It's not that he's a bad shooter, but their entire offense is based on dribble penetration. I'd be very curious to see what Miami would look like if they stayed at home on shooters and sagged off LeBron, daring him to put up 40-45ppg. I just don't think he's programmed to play that way. I'm not saying it would work necessarily, but I'd be curious to see if it put their overall offense on the fritz.

As a separate matter, I think it's interesting how much reverence LeBron's getting from fans in these playoffs, considering his numbers. Let me clarify...the praise is completely justified...but while his numbers are superb, 26/7/6 isn't jaw-dropping, especially considering he's playing 41mpg. It's funny, because this 26/7/6 guy is a considerably better player than the 35/9/7 guy that he was a few years back, but those numbers are usually what fans use to evaluate players.

Lol Pete got his wish.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Sorry but that is just dumb. The problem with Cleveland is they never acquired a top player to play along Lebron. When Pippen matured, he was a top 10 player alongside Jordan. In order for Lebron to have a legitimate chance, he needed to go somewhere else...or tank for a season and wait for Kyrie Irving.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Since I was never a Cavs fan I could care less but the rant that Dan Gilbert went on might shed a little light on why that organization had around Lebron what was around him as far as talent and coaching. Premier organizations and premier players and coaches win championships. Lebron was the only premium piece there for 7 years. They had more than enough time to surround him with what it took to win so he took Cleveland as far as he could and then he left as a free agent.

Lebron has matured and gotten tougher and he has now been in 3 consecutive finals winning back to back and an Olympic medal for our great country in the process. He is due all the praise he is receiving. 2 titles and an Olympic medal in the past 12 months!!! Whew, what a run he has been on. We are witnesses!!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think this is the best basketball post by you that I've read. Great, observant stuff here, and spot on.

Personally, I don't understand why teams still don't dare LeBron to shoot from the outside. It's not that he's a bad shooter, but their entire offense is based on dribble penetration. I'd be very curious to see what Miami would look like if they stayed at home on shooters and sagged off LeBron, daring him to put up 40-45ppg. I just don't think he's programmed to play that way. I'm not saying it would work necessarily, but I'd be curious to see if it put their overall offense on the fritz.

As a separate matter, I think it's interesting how much reverence LeBron's getting from fans in these playoffs, considering his numbers. Let me clarify...the praise is completely justified...but while his numbers are superb, 26/7/6 isn't jaw-dropping, especially considering he's playing 41mpg. It's funny, because this 26/7/6 guy is a considerably better player than the 35/9/7 guy that he was a few years back, but those numbers are usually what fans use to evaluate players.

Lol Pete got his wish.

He is being revered because he has won 2 NBA titles and an Olympic medal in the past 12 months while leading and carrying those teams to success and not to forget he joins Russell and Jordan as the only back to back champs while being a regular season MVP at the same time. Wow!! Amazing!!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 20, 2013 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jrg:
congrats 4ML

Thanks James. This was a worthy finals. The fans of NBA won
An exciting, emotional, up and down series for sure. NBA fans definitely won.

I loved Jordan when I was younger and when he left I tried watching some of my other favorite players like Grant Hill but he had that injury that kept him out. I Lost interest in the NBA. I would watch playoff series off and on but could care less about the outcome. Lebron came around with all the hype and he has lived up to it. For some reason many people just want to see him fail. He had a huge game tonight that I think will win some of the haters over.

Even if he's not on your favorite team, people should just enjoy watching a great player.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think this is the best basketball post by you that I've read. Great, observant stuff here, and spot on.

Personally, I don't understand why teams still don't dare LeBron to shoot from the outside. It's not that he's a bad shooter, but their entire offense is based on dribble penetration. I'd be very curious to see what Miami would look like if they stayed at home on shooters and sagged off LeBron, daring him to put up 40-45ppg. I just don't think he's programmed to play that way. I'm not saying it would work necessarily, but I'd be curious to see if it put their overall offense on the fritz.

As a separate matter, I think it's interesting how much reverence LeBron's getting from fans in these playoffs, considering his numbers. Let me clarify...the praise is completely justified...but while his numbers are superb, 26/7/6 isn't jaw-dropping, especially considering he's playing 41mpg. It's funny, because this 26/7/6 guy is a considerably better player than the 35/9/7 guy that he was a few years back, but those numbers are usually what fans use to evaluate players.

Lol Pete got his wish.

I sure did. And all things considered, it worked pretty well. IMO, if that's how Indiana played him, they woulda won that series, because they have better athletes to execute it and a better rim protector. Miami's offense struggled quite a bit, and I'd venture to guess that it's been a hot minute since anyone's held LeBron under 45% from the field in a series.

Miami is a considerably more talented team than San Antonio, but they almost got this title with some excellent strategy. I've yet to watch Game 7, but IMO Manu's s**tty ball handling in this series was the difference between them winning and losing.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I sure did. And all things considered, it worked pretty well. IMO, if that's how Indiana played him, they woulda won that series, because they have better athletes to execute it and a better rim protector. Miami's offense struggled quite a bit, and I'd venture to guess that it's been a hot minute since anyone's held LeBron under 45% from the field in a series.

Miami is a considerably more talented team than San Antonio, but they almost got this title with some excellent strategy. I've yet to watch Game 7, but IMO Manu's s**tty ball handling in this series was the difference between them winning and losing.

pacers had no scorers or closers and the heat defense is why manu and parker sucked in consecutive contests. held spurs to 88 points tonight
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I sure did. And all things considered, it worked pretty well. IMO, if that's how Indiana played him, they woulda won that series, because they have better athletes to execute it and a better rim protector. Miami's offense struggled quite a bit, and I'd venture to guess that it's been a hot minute since anyone's held LeBron under 45% from the field in a series.

Miami is a considerably more talented team than San Antonio, but they almost got this title with some excellent strategy. I've yet to watch Game 7, but IMO Manu's s**tty ball handling in this series was the difference between them winning and losing.

pacers had no scorers or closers and the heat defense is why manu and parker sucked in consecutive contests. held spurs to 88 points tonight

When Miami's defense locks in, they're very hard to beat. That's what won them Game 7 against the Pacers as well.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
When Miami's defense locks in, they're very hard to beat. That's what won them Game 7 against the Pacers as well.

Sometimes you gotta eat a turd sandwich. Makes the ribeye taste better the next time. Go 2013 49ers!!
Congrats 4ml and bball fans for a great series

Congrats to both the heat and spurs for great seasons.

Congrats Lebron

Go kings
"I cant worry about what everyone says about me. I'm LeBron James. From Akron, Ohio. From the inner city. I'm not even supposed to be here."
Sigh.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Should be captioned "How do u miss a layup"?
Lebron is the biggest person I have ever seen do the Euro step, twice last night.