LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.
The Bulls had some decent players around Jordan other than Pippen, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, and Steve Kerr weren't exactly trash.
From Wikipedia on the Cavs after James left:
On the court, the 2010–11 season was a stark contrast from the previous season. They went from 61 wins in 2009-10 to a conference-worst 19, the biggest single-season drop in NBA history.
Kind of shows you the trash they surrounded James with, they won 60+ with him, could not even win 20 after he left.
congrats to the heat. LeBron deserves it. good to see guys like Ray Allen and Shane Battier win, too. with that being said, still dislike Miami fans.
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.
The difference in Lebron leaving Cleveland and Shaq orlando to LA was Lebron took less money from the Heat then what the Cavs offered him, and people say "oh well Cleveland had less talent, Well guess what, the Cavs with Lebron won 66 regualr season games twice had home court throughout the playoffs both seasons and Lebron shrunk in the playoffs. I guess my argument is Lebron needed a LOT more help to win titles then people realize, now I was VERY impressed with his Game 7 Performance last night. He did do amazing, but Battier's 6 3 pointers cannot be overlooked either.

Except for MJs final 2 years, he took a huge pay cut so the Bulls could build a winning roster around him.

Does John Paxons game clinching 3 pointer over look Jordan's performance in the 93 finals? I don't think so unless you are also a MJ hater.

Edit: the Cavs were the worst team in the NBa the season after he left
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Except for MJs final 2 years, he took a huge pay cut so the Bulls could build a winning roster around him.

Does John Paxons game clinching 3 pointer over look Jordan's performance in the 93 finals? I don't think so unless you are also a MJ hater.

John Paxon and Jordan were teamates for 10 years during those times coming in the league together almost, when jordan couldnt get past the Pistons of the late 80's you didn't hear Jordan say " I'm gonna take my talents to Inglewood and play with Magic Johnson and win 7 titles in a row" The way its designed now, the Heat better win the next 3 or 4 titles because they have the Best player in Lebron, a dang good player and superstar in Wade and Bosh is a very good Big athletic guy top 15 talent.

John Paxon and Jordan were teamates for 10 years during those times coming in the league together almost, when jordan couldnt get past the Pistons of the late 80's you didn't hear Jordan say " I'm gonna take my talents to Inglewood and play with Magic Johnson and win 7 titles in a row" The way its designed now, the Heat better win the next 3 or 4 titles because they have the Best player in Lebron, a dang good player and superstar in Wade and Bosh is a very good Big athletic guy top 15 talent.

So I guess Shaq is a chump for leaving Orlando to play along side Kobe instead of Scott Skiles.

So I guess Shaq is a chump for leaving Orlando to play along side Kobe instead of Scott Skiles.

Shaq is Not a chump,Orlando couldn't or wouldn't match Shaq's contract. Shaq didn't hold a huge bash party, Cleveland offered Lebron the Max. I have no problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland, its the way he left Cleveland that was Classless, Lebron is the Best Player in the NBA by far and to leave his home town team hanging didn't sit right with me. Now who knows maybe he'll 3 peat next year too, he's in the Prime of his career.
Shaq is Not a chump,Orlando couldn't or wouldn't match Shaq's contract. Shaq didn't hold a huge bash party, Cleveland offered Lebron the Max. I have no problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland, its the way he left Cleveland that was Classless, Lebron is the Best Player in the NBA by far and to leave his home town team hanging didn't sit right with me. Now who knows maybe he'll 3 peat next year too, he's in the Prime of his career.

"Business wise, I had a better offer in Los Angeles," said O'Neal, referring to the teams' original offers. "At the time, they didn't match it. I didn't want to go back and forth, you know, match this number…. So, I told them, L.A. came with the number and I decided to go to L.A. Plus, a lot of other selfish reasons, movies and all that stuff out there. I thought it was the right choice for me."

The Magic eventually offered the same amount as the Lakers, but as O'Neal said, the Lakers offered more money originally. Back then, there was no monetary incentive for a player to stay with the same team like there is now.
Lebron, offensively will be unreal in the next 4 years. His main problem in offense is he's too fast and heavily relies on one direction drive. Once his speed slows down a little, he will be forced to work on having 2nd and 3rd moves. His knowledge of the game will only improve and he already has the size.

Dude will be a force once he realizes he doesn't need to drive at full speed in order to finish.

He is just at the beginning of what is usually the prime of a career, but his size and athletic ability combined with his BB IQ will allow for him to have a larger prime window.
He has an outside game, inside game, passing game, defensive game, post game, and the mental game....

ummm how can he really get better

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He has an outside game, inside game, passing game, defensive game, post game, and the mental game....

Well... Free Throws could improve but that's really just nitpicking. LeBron is the best American Athlete by far.

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Well... Free Throws could improve but that's really just nitpicking. LeBron is the best American Athlete by far.

Is there an international athlete that is better? Messi?
lol

and fckin Drake trying too hard

He only has an inside game because he can jump higher than everyone (for the most part). This is why he wasn't very effective when we sagged off of him because his drive game is all about going full speed in one direction and getting a step on the defender. He can't do that if the defender is sagging off. He needs to slow down just a little so that he can change direction using his two steps or stop and turnaround like Kobe can do. Slow just enough to be able to stop under control on an over reacting defender to move his shot for a better shot.

His mental game will improve even more but if he can create a more poise/controlled game on his drive to still finish...dude will literally be unstoppably. With his size, he doesn't need to go full speed or get a step on a defender. He needs better footwork once he gets to the elbow area and do some controlled spins with a crossover or other moves that can be used against a player who is sagging off but still get a legit 7-10 foot shot.
Originally posted by BobS:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.
The Bulls had some decent players around Jordan other than Pippen, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, and Steve Kerr weren't exactly trash.
From Wikipedia on the Cavs after James left:
On the court, the 2010–11 season was a stark contrast from the previous season. They went from 61 wins in 2009-10 to a conference-worst 19, the biggest single-season drop in NBA history.
Kind of shows you the trash they surrounded James with, they won 60+ with him, could not even win 20 after he left.
The Roster that the 2009 Cleveland team had to help Lebron is funny.
Shaq - Retired after 2011. After he was with the Magic, Lakers and Heat in his prime he bounced around to the Suns, Cavs and Boston.
Antawn Jamison - Has bounched around the league and is with the Lakers right now. Wiki says he only played because of a Gasol foot injury.
Anthony Parker??? - Retired
Mo Williams - Probably the best player left. Since Cleveland he's been traded to the Clipper's and Utah.

Off the bench was Varejao, Hickson, Moon, West and Gibson. (Did not know that Danny Green was a reserve for Cleveland that year).
Share 49ersWebzone