There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Sorry man...the footage is on Youtube. Kobe didn't have much impact in that 4th quarter. Artest hit a huge shot and Gasol was a beast, blocking shots and getting offensive rebounds. On top of that, Ray Allen (who Kobe was guarding) had 8 pts in the quarter.

Kobe wasn't guarding Ray Allen. He guarded Rondo the entire series and Fisher was on Allen. I have heard the strangest, most incorrect re-telling of that game tonight.
lol
Again, why compare Kobe to Lebron? It's unfair to Kobe. Kobe is great, but no one in their right mind would take him over Lebron.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Sorry man...the footage is on Youtube. Kobe didn't have much impact in that 4th quarter. Artest hit a huge shot and Gasol was a beast, blocking shots and getting offensive rebounds. On top of that, Ray Allen (who Kobe was guarding) had 8 pts in the quarter.

Kobe wasn't guarding Ray Allen. He guarded Rondo the entire series and Fisher was on Allen. I have heard the strangest, most incorrect re-telling of that game tonight.

I don't remember everything from the game, but I was looking at the score sheet and he put Ray Allen on the line once and fouled him as well. Watched the video you posted...and I still can't believe Kobe is gettin' credit for that 4th quarter.

Gasol and Artest were awesome in the 4th.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
lol

Sorry Pete...you're off on this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

1 - 3 in the 4th

Forget bad shooting, he didn't even attempt them.
I don't remember everything from the game, but I was looking at the score sheet and he put Ray Allen on the line once and fouled him as well. Watched the video you posted...and I still can't believe Kobe is gettin' credit for that 4th quarter.

Gasol and Artest were awesome in the 4th.

There are times where there are cross matches in transition or a help defender comes over and draws a foul, but Kobe's assignment in that series was Rondo.

Dunno what to say then if you don't see it. Drawing secondary defenders 25 feet from the hoop opens up all sorts of passing lanes and offensive rebounding opportunities for your teammates. I give up.
Sorry Pete...you're off on this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

1 - 3 in the 4th

Forget bad shooting, he didn't even attempt them.

And he was 6-7 from the FT line. If he went 4-7 and scored 8 points, would that have been any different? And since when did the crux of my argument center around shooting anyway? He generated points for his team. That's what matters, not individual shooting.
There are times where there are cross matches in transition or a help defender comes over and draws a foul, but Kobe's assignment in that series was Rondo.

Dunno what to say then if you don't see it. Drawing secondary defenders 25 feet from the hoop opens up all sorts of passing lanes and offensive rebounding opportunities for your teammates. I give up.

It's all right. It doesn't really matter. I feel Artest and Pau should get a lot of credit. But, this thread is about this year's finals and I'll try to stick to the series at hand.
Manu with 8 turnovers tonight. Got dayum.
Manu with 8 turnovers tonight. Got dayum.

He killed us. That and free throws. Ugh.
Originally posted by binarythird:
Again, why compare Kobe to Lebron? It's unfair to Kobe. Kobe is great, but no one in their right mind would take him over Lebron.

At the end of the day it's all about rings.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by binarythird:

that's the ignorant viewpoint on the subject.........
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

LOL, are you being serious? That's an incredibly simplistic stance. Let us all bow to the basketball Gods: Robert Horry, John Salley, and Derek Fisher. lol.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I obviously will be watching tonight as its the finals, but I am hoping for a better show. We have had some great moments, great plays, but not really great games. One time kicks the others ass, change roles tomorrow...I want a true championship game. Maybe that comes if there is a game 7. LeBron better attack tonight. Green needs to keep nailing three's. Parker has to attack the heat, and the heat need to defend the damn perimeter.

Play the birdman spo, you overrated coach!

Yesterday's post. Guess the championship/great moment was last night. Great game. I thought birdman brought energy the needed on the defensive side, even used a few fouls the regulars needed to keep. LeBron attacked in the fourth which freed up his teammates and brought energy. Spurs missed needed free throws and Manu lost his mind.

Those blocks and the ending was exciting!