LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers ECF Series Thread

I think the Heat are gonna have to look at benching Wade for large parts of game 7.
Referees didnt change the outcome of this game. Indiana clearly outplayed the Heat tonight. Chris Bosh has been invisible and LeBron is just getting no help.

I fully expect the Heat to win game 7 but they better get a full team effort and not a 1 man show.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hibbert never gets called for a foul simply based on his reputation for always going straight up.

That shoulda been a no call.

I don't agree. I think Hibbert's arms were angled towards James'. That's been called a foul forever in this league but Hibbert gets the benefit based on rep.

Not to the degree that they were angled down, which wasn't much. Just like with most calls, there's a bit of slack that's given. IMO that was a no call, and if anything, it was an offensive foul because LeBron initiated the contact.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Referees didnt change the outcome of this game. Indiana clearly outplayed the Heat tonight. Chris Bosh has been invisible and LeBron is just getting no help.

I fully expect the Heat to win game 7 but they better get a full team effort and not a 1 man show.

They've turned him into a spot up shooter and nothing more. I think I can count the amount of low post or high post touches he's gotten this series on two hands.
Hibbert never gets called for a foul simply based on his reputation for always going straight up.

I don't agree. I think Hibbert's arms were angled towards James'. That's been called a foul forever in this league but Hibbert gets the benefit based on rep.

Not to the degree that they were angled down, which wasn't much. Just like with most calls, there's a bit of slack that's given. IMO that was a no call, and if anything, it was an offensive foul because LeBron initiated the contact.

I agree with this completely. Hibbert did not foul Lebron on that play in my opinion
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

They've turned him into a spot up shooter and nothing more. I think I can count the amount of low post or high post touches he's gotten this series on two hands.

But, this has been true this whole season.

It worked for them in game 5. Him and Haslem has sick production. Lets be honest Bosh is C in a PF body and he can't match up with hibbert/west so you would be wasting possessions trying to post him up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I agree with this completely. Hibbert did not foul Lebron on that play in my opinion

I disagree, but it doesn't matter. Fouls even out in a series and that foul didn't change the outcome of the game. Miami has to do a better of attacking the paint even when Hibbert is in there. When they attacked the rim in the 4th quarter, they were gettin' wide open looks from the 3.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

But, this has been true this whole season.

I'll take your word for it, because you watch them more than I do. But his 3PTA per game have doubled since the regular season, and he's more than just a spot up shooter, IMO.

I'd be very surprised if Miami lost on Monday, but Miami's playing really lifeless basketball right now. It's very strange considering the stakes.
Originally posted by eonblue:

It worked for them in game 5. Him and Haslem has sick production. Lets be honest Bosh is C in a PF body and he can't match up with hibbert/west so you would be wasting possessions trying to post him up.

You put Bosh in the high post and have him face up on either guy. He has a quickness advantage over both, and an excellent mid range jumper if they sag off. He was a 24ppg player in the league doing this not very long ago, and he's only 29. He's a superb offensive player that isn't being used properly, IMO.

Other than a very inspired 3rd quarter by LeBron in Game 5, Miami's looked dead for the majority of the last 2 games. I almost wonder if there's something going on in the locker room.
You put Bosh in the high post and have him face up on either guy. He has a quickness advantage over both, and an excellent mid range jumper if they sag off. He was a 24ppg player in the league doing this not very long ago, and he's only 29. He's a superb offensive player that isn't being used properly, IMO.

I'm not saying he's bad. I think honestly he is afraid of contact with the pacers big and has taken himself out.
Other than a very inspired 3rd quarter by LeBron in Game 5, Miami's looked dead for the majority of the last 2 games. I almost wonder if there's something going on in the locker room.

There's just not enough help for Lebron, scheme or no scheme. Bosh needs to be used in the post against West, IMO. West won't block his shot.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'll take your word for it, because you watch them more than I do. But his 3PTA per game have doubled since the regular season, and he's more than just a spot up shooter, IMO.

I'd be very surprised if Miami lost on Monday, but Miami's playing really lifeless basketball right now. It's very strange considering the stakes.

Can't find a another chart, but this is only first 40 days of the 2012 season.

There's just not enough help for Lebron, scheme or no scheme. Bosh needs to be used in the post against West, IMO. West won't block his shot.

He doesnt have to. He can easily out muscle him.
Share 49ersWebzone