There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers ECF Series Thread

Terrible luck on those turnovers...ugh
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Tman:
2 to's down the stretch and Lebron is smiling about it??

Vogel is a dumbass for taking RH out of game 1. look what a difference it makes with him in the game

I agree and we got a good series on our hands!

The pacers have a better chance then I expected to get to the finals
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think he cares too, just a weird moment

Don't get your panties in a bunch 4ml

You can question the smile without questioning if he cares.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
2 to's down the stretch and Lebron is smiling about it??

yea...he doesn't care if they win or not

I think he cares.

I think he cares too, just a weird moment

Don't get your panties in a bunch 4ml

It's a sarcastic smile...not weird. But point taken...just annoyed about the finish.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
LeBron James: Statistically Most Clutch Player Since NBA Debut

Per ESPN.com, since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN), LeBron and Ralph Sampson are the only two players in NBA history to register at least 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and three blocks in a playoff game.

No one has ever notched a triple-double and hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in the same playoff game—except LeBron.

Interesting but extremely narrow parameters on the data, only counting the final 24 seconds of playoff games, leaving out free throws and turnovers. His two in the final minute tonight wouldn't be counted, nor his two missed free throws a year ago vs. Indiana in the final minute when they were down 1. It's also always seemed to me that unless he has an easy layup opportunity, LeBron too often looks to pass in these situations.
Pacers should be up 2-0.
Originally posted by vaden:
LeBron James: Statistically Most Clutch Player Since NBA Debut

Per ESPN.com, since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN), LeBron and Ralph Sampson are the only two players in NBA history to register at least 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and three blocks in a playoff game.

No one has ever notched a triple-double and hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in the same playoff game—except LeBron.

Interesting but extremely narrow parameters on the data, only counting the final 24 seconds of playoff games, leaving out free throws and turnovers. His two in the final minute tonight wouldn't be counted, nor his two missed free throws a year ago vs. Indiana in the final minute when they were down 1. It's also always seemed to me that unless he has an easy layup opportunity, LeBron too often looks to pass in these situations.

Sure...we should then include everything. His assists, his rebounds, defense, block shots etc. lol @ easy layup...the one on Wednesday was his first easy layup for the win. Tomorrow you'll say, it seems like Lebron usually turns the ball over with game on the line. It may seem to you, but data doesn't back you up. Lebron has been plenty clutch over last few years.

His only blemish was the 2010 Finals against Mavs. One series doesn't define a player as much as ppl want to.
Originally posted by robniner:
Pacers should be up 2-0.

I wouldn't say that. Ray Allen missed a FT to put game 1 away before George hit a miraculous 3 and was awarded 3 FTs on a play that doesn't get called in playoffs in that situation.
Mad respect for Paul George though. What a fukin' player
Originally posted by robniner:
Pacers should be up 2-0.

I wouldn't say that. Ray Allen missed a FT to put game 1 away before George hit a miraculous 3 and was awarded 3 FTs on a play that doesn't get called in playoffs in that situation.

Very true, but if the Pacers knew how to force a team to make a shot without letting that superstar get an easy layup, then they possibly eek out a win.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Sure...we should then include everything. His assists, his rebounds, defense, block shots etc. lol @ easy layup...the one on Wednesday was his first easy layup for the win. Tomorrow you'll say, it seems like Lebron usually turns the ball over with game on the line. It may seem to you, but data doesn't back you up. Lebron has been plenty clutch over last few years.

His only blemish was the 2010 Finals against Mavs. One series doesn't define a player as much as ppl want to.

I'm open to any data proving that LeBron is clutch. You haven't posted it. You've posted very narrow data that amounts to 16 shots for LeBron over his entire career. Players who took fewer than 10 shots in the same situations were excluded from the comparison. Also, LeBron was 5-14 on those shots over his career - worse than Dirk and Durant - until he got 2 layups in the previous game because Vogel inexplicably sent Hibbert to the bench. That suddenly makes him the "most clutch player in NBA since his debut"? No.
Lol the Heat. GO PACERS
Terrible luck on those turnovers...ugh

Luck?
Originally posted by vaden:

I'm open to any data proving that LeBron is clutch. You haven't posted it. You've posted very narrow data that amounts to 16 shots for LeBron over his entire career. Players who took fewer than 10 shots in the same situations were excluded from the comparison. Also, LeBron was 5-14 on those shots over his career - worse than Dirk and Durant - until he got 2 layups in the previous game because Vogel inexplicably sent Hibbert to the bench. That suddenly makes him the "most clutch player in NBA since his debut"? No.

Cool...I'll post his stats after dinner.