There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Spurs vs. Grizzlies playoff series thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
bold prediction: Grizz win tonight by 15+

Won't surprise me. They played like crap. Definitely don't think they will be leaving our shooters as they shouldn't, especially with Gasol and Randolph waiting for any drives. Memphis played dumb defense by helping on drives when Gasol could have easily handled it.

I have a feeling this is going to be Splitter's and Leonards game where Memphis focuses on the 3, Gasol on Duncan which will allow Splitter and Leonard to cut towards the basket for some easy layups or dunks.
Atrocious third quarter for the Spurs, giving up 33 points.
Come on Spurs we got this. Don't let Randolph keep it up.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Atrocious third quarter for the Spurs, giving up 33 points.

That's because Timmy was pretty much sitting the whole time. 4 dang fouls.
A f**king flagrant?? Allen is such a faker.
Manu with the intent to injure.
[ Edited by 9erReign on May 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:

This

Yeah but still
So Allen and Gasol have tripped Parker on purpose and no flagrant?

Man, barely squeezed that win through.

Does Memphis have any depth? Too bad for Memphis the last time we played, Spurs had no Leonard or Green, Splitter was just a pup, and Tim and Manu werent anywhere near 100%.

Spurs finally have a few days rest. Game 3 will be intense.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

Does Memphis have any depth? Too bad for Memphis the last time we played, Spurs had no Leonard or Green, Splitter was just a pup, and Tim and Manu werent anywhere near 100%.

I guess every playoff game at this level is intense, but I would be shocked if Memphis doesn't win this game. I haven't checked, but I'm sure Vegas is favoring Memphis heavily to win this game. If they are going to win any game, you would think its this one. Personally, I think Memphis will win this game, and game 4 will be super intense.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I guess every playoff game at this level is intense, but I would be shocked if Memphis doesn't win this game. I haven't checked, but I'm sure Vegas is favoring Memphis heavily to win this game. If they are going to win any game, you would think its this one. Personally, I think Memphis will win this game, and game 4 will be super intense.

Memphis is favored by 4.5. I'm just saying Game 3 will be intense because both teams get a decent amount of time to rest. Spurs definitely need it.
Memphis finally found a rotation that worked
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Memphis finally found a rotation that worked

Spurs still had wide open shots. Leonard missed two or three in a row and Manu missed wide open shots.
Since Tim is defending Z so well (with a little help) that THE only advantage MEM has is Gasol: too bad he doesnt want to post and get us in foul trouble.

http://www.ksat.com/sports/grizzlies-tony-allen-fined-5000-for-flopping-in-game-2/-/478218/20296392/-/exf672/-/index.html
Originally posted by pantstickle:

http://www.ksat.com/sports/grizzlies-tony-allen-fined-5000-for-flopping-in-game-2/-/478218/20296392/-/exf672/-/index.html

Of course his theatrics were ridiculous. Still a flagrant on Manu for not going for the ball.

PS see page 1 to understand my post.