Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Spurs vs. Grizzlies playoff series thread

Go Spurs.

Not feeling confident. Either Grizzlies in 6 or Spurs in 7
  • IT21
  • Veteran
grizzlies in 5
Man, not bad so far. Allen, Gasol, and Conley haven't impressed yet on the defensive end.
Spurs in 3
Allen with the intent to injure

[ Edited by dobophile on May 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
Spurs have totally pwned Z-Bo
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Randolph is 0-7 today
Spurs will NEVER shoot like this again!
ass beating
The thing that I like the most about Popovich is that he's not an ideologue. He isn't committed to a particular style of play beyond what works, and even though he's had incredible roster continuity throughout the years, he's always willing to tweak their style of play. He's been using Kawhi Leonard a lot at PF this postseason and Boris Diaw at C, and really cut back on his utilization of post play over the last couple of years. His offense these days bares more resemblance to the Phoenix Suns of the mid-2000's than it does to his own teams of that era and before. I really respect his ability to adapt.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM ]
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:

I don't see the problem
Spurs will NEVER shoot like this again!

No, they probably won't. I think Memphis will come out trying to bully and push around. That's what they did 2 years ago but when Manu and Tim are not healthy, it makes a big difference. Wouldn't be surprised if Memphis starts to grab push and shove. Last time these two teams played Z was being D'd up but he had an unreal series. I don't think Tim lets that happen this time around. Memphis will really need to operate their offense through Gasol as that's where they have the best advantage.

I just hope Leonard's "jumpers knee" will not affect him too much. That dude is our quiet assassin.

Tim is looking very solid and his health is helping our defense out the most.
Manu's legs look like they are gone. Dude's shots are terrible.

LOL There was no intent to injure Parker on that play.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The thing that I like the most about Popovich is that he's not an ideologue. He isn't committed to a particular style of play beyond what works, and even though he's had incredible roster continuity throughout the years, he's always willing to tweak their style of play. He's been using Kawhi Leonard a lot at PF this postseason and Boris Diaw at C, and really cut back on his utilization of post play over the last couple of years. His offense these days bares more resemblance to the Phoenix Suns of the mid-2000's than it does to his own teams of that era and before. I really respect his ability to adapt.

Best coach in the league and not that close. Switch Pop and Jackson in the last series and it would be the Warriors playing Memphis.
Pop gets everything out of his players. So damn impressive. Leonard is a good player, but I think he has flourished because of Pop and the culture in SA. If one of the mediocre teams drafted him (like the Kings), I doubt he would have made these strides. He was always solid on defense coming out of San Diego, but he has made some serious strides on offense. And Danny Green. Didn't he go to the D league after Boston? That kids looks like a TOTALLY different player in SA. Wow.
[ Edited by sacniner on May 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]