There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Warriors vs Spurs Playoffs Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:

that was an epic one.

I was even rooting for them boys but Im not sure how they gonna rebound from a loss like that.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dobophile:

Kawhi "eaten alive" lol

Yeah, I don't see how Leonard was eaten alive. Notice 2 of those players Curry struggled against are much taller or longer than the other two. Curry cannot get that step-back on Green or Leonard. If Curry wants to penetrate agains Leonard, it will use a lot of the clock and his team will be standing around.

Kawhi definitely wasn't eaten alive, but the plan wasn't to sick him on Curry anyway. The Spurs apparently want to throw a bunch of different guys at Curry throughout. If Kawhi guards Curry from the get-go, he'll probably tire out and get into foul trouble. And Thompson will post up on Parker and abuse him. I think the Spurs will, if possible, save Kawhi-on-Curry for crunch time.

Curry's two field goals on Kawhi can actually be attributed, in part, to Duncan sick ass not being able to rotate fast enough to contest the shot.

Kawhi "eaten alive" lol

Yeah, I don't see how Leonard was eaten alive. Notice 2 of those players Curry struggled against are much taller or longer than the other two. Curry cannot get that step-back on Green or Leonard. If Curry wants to penetrate agains Leonard, it will use a lot of the clock and his team will be standing around.

Kawhi definitely wasn't eaten alive, but the plan wasn't to sick him on Curry anyway. The Spurs apparently want to throw a bunch of different guys at Curry throughout. If Kawhi guards Curry from the get-go, he'll probably tire out and get into foul trouble. And Thompson will post up on Parker and abuse him. I think the Spurs will, if possible, save Kawhi-on-Curry for crunch time.

Curry's two field goals on Kawhi can actually be attributed, in part, to Duncan sick ass not being able to rotate fast enough to contest the shot.

yes, let's not give Curry, arguably the hottest player in these playoffs, any credit at all ...
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Kawhi "eaten alive" lol

yes, let's not give Curry, arguably the hottest player in these playoffs, any credit at all ...

Who isn't giving him credit? He was dog tired by then, mainly because Mark Jackson is a moron. Curry was an absolute beast for three quarters plus, but after that he was spent. It was a combination of his tiredness and the stellar defense of Kawhi (with good help from Diaw) that hampered him at the end.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:

that was an epic one.

I was even rooting for them boys but Im not sure how they gonna rebound from a loss like that.

it happened to them in the last round...hopefully it follows suit
This is what Steph Curry had to say after the near-collapse against Denver in Game 6:

We did everything we could to let them back in the game. That won't happen again. We escaped tonight. We'll learn from it. That won't happen again.

I wonder what adjustments Mark Jackson will make if GS has a substantial lead in the second half of another game this series.

So what's the deal with the shrieking woman? Was it super annoying? I'd turned the sound off at halftime, having had enough of Chris Webber.
[ Edited by dobophile on May 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM ]

Kawhi "eaten alive" lol

Who isn't giving him credit? He was dog tired by then, mainly because Mark Jackson is a moron. Curry was an absolute beast for three quarters plus, but after that he was spent. It was a combination of his tiredness and the stellar defense of Kawhi (with good help from Diaw) that hampered him at the end.

Kawhi "eaten alive" lol

So ... you don't know the meaning of the phrase in part?
Game 2!!!!!

VS

*double post
[ Edited by SFrush on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM ]
Hopefully Popovich puts Leonard on Curry more. That just puts Parker on Thompson or Barnes which is a defensive mismatch.

When they get going offensively the Warriors are tougher to beat.
WIN FOR DUCK

WIN FOR DUCK
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hopefully Popovich puts Leonard on Curry more. That just puts Parker on Thompson or Barnes which is a defensive mismatch.

GS main offensive spurts go through Curry or happen from Curry. Clay is nothing but a complimentary player. He and Barnes are not players that an offense can run through repeatedly, that's just not their role. Not that they can't do it, but it's not the way they play. So, putting Leonard on Curry during critical situations will be advantage Spurs. I'm sure Pop will have a backup plan whenever Parker is on Clay.

Curry makes your offense deadly, causing him trouble will keep GS offense from flowing.

GS main offensive spurts go through Curry or happen from Curry. Clay is nothing but a complimentary player. He and Barnes are not players that an offense can run through repeatedly, that's just not their role. Not that they can't do it, but it's not the way they play. So, putting Leonard on Curry during critical situations will be advantage Spurs. I'm sure Pop will have a backup plan whenever Parker is on Clay.

Curry makes your offense deadly, causing him trouble will keep GS offense from flowing.

Easier said than done. I think he puts up 78 tonight

I think the general plan isn't to "shut down" Curry but to force him into mid-range jumpers. It's OK if he blows past the defender if there's defensive help from Duncan/Splitter/Diaw in the paint. But don't let him shoot threes unguarded, and don't cede the paint to him. Leonard is a more appropriate option later in the game during crunch time, when Curry might be a bit more tired and shutting him down might be a possibility. Until then, Leonard needs to stay out of foul trouble.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com