There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Warriors vs Spurs Playoffs Thread

I'm just happy the Spurs are healthy. I don't remember the last time we were this healthy in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm just happy the Spurs are healthy. I don't remember the last time we were this healthy in the playoffs.

Jesus, man. Knock on freaking wood.
Doesn't matter who wins this series they will just get mauled by the Grizzlies...
[ Edited by Memphis9er on May 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Doesn't matter who wins this series they will just get mauled by the Grizzlies...

You mean the team that beat a team that only had 1 of its big three from last year? Mem does look very tough and is built tough, but they haven't played a strong team yet. If the Spurs advance, Randolph and those point guards won't land everything they throw up like they did last time these two teams played. Plus, our big 3 wasn't at full strength last time.

You mean the team that beat a team that only had 1 of its big three from last year? Mem does look very tough and is built tough, but they haven't played a strong team yet. If the Spurs advance, Randolph and those point guards won't land everything they throw up like they did last time these two teams played. Plus, our big 3 wasn't at full strength last time.

At least on paper - Memphis will be a nightmare match-up for the Spurs. They got a damn good defensive players at PG, SG and Center. That's why Spurs are strong and they will have to deal with tough match-ups. Memphis is younger, faster, and bigger. But, you guys do have an advantage at the coaching position and you've the experience on your side. Should be a fun series...though I'm not counting Warriors out just yet.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

At least on paper - Memphis will be a nightmare match-up for the Spurs. They got a damn good defensive players at PG, SG and Center. That's why Spurs are strong and they will have to deal with tough match-ups. Memphis is younger, faster, and bigger. But, you guys do have an advantage at the coaching position and you've the experience on your side. Should be a fun series...though I'm not counting Warriors out just yet.

We played very good defense on Z last time but damn everything he threw up was going in. The Guards were hitting their 3-pointers much higher above their average last time. Big Pau has gotten better. Gonna be tough and a fun series if it's SA. If it's GS, Warriors have no chance but a shooter's chance.

We played very good defense on Z last time but damn everything he threw up was going in. The Guards were hitting their 3-pointers much higher above their average last time. Big Pau has gotten better. Gonna be tough and a fun series if it's SA. If it's GS, Warriors have no chance but a shooter's chance.

I never understand your "normal" % argument - that means nothing. If you have a favorable match-up, you're likely to shoot higher %. If you've a tough matchup, you'll most likely shoot below your average.

Lebron James will have a higher FG% against Bucks than he will against Bulls. I can not make an argument that if Lebron shoots 56% against the Bulls (his normal % this season) - Heat will win.

I never understand your "normal" % argument - that means nothing. If you have a favorable match-up, you're likely to shoot higher %. If you've a tough matchup, you'll most likely shoot below your average.

Lebron James will have a higher FG% against Bucks than he will against Bulls. I can not make an argument that if Lebron shoots 56% against the Bulls (his normal % this season) - Heat will win.

What do you mean? Spurs played very good tough defense vs Z a few years back which forced him to throw up some blind shots or ugly shots...nearly everything was landing. The Spurs' 3-point went down from 39.7 to a pathetic 29.4. I'm sure the perimeter defense affected the 3-point but we were NOT at full strength at all.

Folks keep saying Spurs have no chance but they all forget that this is the first time the big three have been healthy in quite a few years in the playoffs now.

Just after the MEM series:
"But Popovich said the Spurs were never the same after Duncan sprained his left ankle in late March and Ginobili hurt his right elbow in the last regular-season game."
[ Edited by Joecool on May 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by dobophile:

f**k, this game isn't going to be fun.

Is this old and I just missed it? A noose?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Is this old and I just missed it? A noose?

That was from Halloween a couple years ago, or so.
Manu & Parker =
HELL YES!
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com