LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Official 2017 Dodgers Going To The SHIP!!!!

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Still unsure where you're going with this. Are you saying that bay area fans are more bandwagon than SoCal fans? We can agree to disagree I guess.

And it would be hard to lump 49er fans in with Giants fans. Alot of Giants fans are so ignorant they would fill AT&T to the brim even if the ownership was running the team into the ground.

In May Dodger stadium was half full.

No, you were the one that took the shot at Socal being bandwagon with your comment, due to the region I live in. I was saying that's the pot calling the kettle black, as evidenced by what the Stick looked like up until very recently. Don't tell me that you haven't seen Niner fans coming out of the woodwork in the last couple of years. You took a shot based on region, and that's laughable. I'm not saying Norcals are more bandwagon, I'm saying they have no room to talk.

The Dodgers have historically done very well with attendance. The only exception in my lifetime was last year when they were completely fed up with the McCourt b******t, and the environment at Dodger Stadium had gotten a little stabby.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Still unsure where you're going with this. Are you saying that bay area fans are more bandwagon than SoCal fans? We can agree to disagree I guess.

And it would be hard to lump 49er fans in with Giants fans. Alot of Giants fans are so ignorant they would fill AT&T to the brim even if the ownership was running the team into the ground.

they have the largest stadium at 56K and have averaged around 45K for the season. They averaged over 40K last season. Not bad considering the massive size.

AT&T's capacity is a little over 41K.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Oh please. Let's not act like Candlestick wasn't half full of fans for the other team as recently as 3 years ago. I'm not much of a baseball fan, and I'm enjoying following a local team that's on a historic run. I'm a die hard fan of the teams in the two sports that I care about. I'm not nearly as invested as you guys are, but you Giants fans are definitely salty.

Not sure what you mean by that, the Giants have not played in Candlestick since 1999.

49ers. Same fan base/region as the Giants.

Candlestick was never half full for 49ers games, Pete. If you wanted to say not full, somewhat close to 3/4, that might be more accurate. But at no point was the place half full.

But I get it. You're doing your thing with the arguing and trying to make brash points.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Candlestick was never half full for 49ers games, Pete. If you wanted to say not full, somewhat close to 3/4, that might be more accurate. But at no point was the place half full.

But I get it. You're doing your thing with the arguing and trying to make brash points.

Never said that Candlestick was half full. I said half the people there were fans of the other team.

No, you were the one that took the shot at Socal being bandwagon with your comment, due to the region I live in. I was saying that's the pot calling the kettle black, as evidenced by what the Stick looked like up until very recently. Don't tell me that you haven't seen Niner fans coming out of the woodwork in the last couple of years. You took a shot based on region, and that's laughable. I'm not saying Norcals are more bandwagon, I'm saying they have no room to talk.

The Dodgers have historically done very well with attendance. The only exception in my lifetime was last year when they were completely fed up with the McCourt b******t, and the environment at Dodger Stadium had gotten a little stabby.

Please point out the 'shot' I took. You admitted you're bandwagon and I said that's fine based on where you live. If you're like Amir who lives on the east coast and becomes a bandwagon Dodger fan for no reason other than to stir up s**t, or because the Dodgers are on espn every night and are the trendy team, then yeah there's a problem there.

I think you misconstrued what I said as a shot, when it wasn't.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Never said that Candlestick was half full. I said half the people there were fans of the other team.

That statement is simply not true, as well. lol
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Please point out the 'shot' I took. You admitted you're bandwagon and I said that's fine based on where you live. If you're like Amir who lives on the east coast and becomes a bandwagon Dodger fan for no reason other than to stir up s**t, or because the Dodgers are on espn every night and are the trendy team, then yeah there's a problem there.

so it's okay when a east coast guy (all his life since coming to US) is a niners fan but not when he's a dodgers fan???

My apologies. You're right, I did misconstrue. Norcals generally like to paint Socals as being "bandwagon" fans, while considering themselves true die hards of their team, and that's what I thought your angle was. I saw too many Niner games on TV and a few in person where other team's fans were dominating ours at the Stick during the down years to be willing to hear that noise. My bad.

The Dodgers have done well with attendance largely because they are in the 2nd most populated area in the country and have beautiful weather. Also, they have had competitive teams for the most part.

Lets be real. There are ton of fans like you that have had little interest in anything having to do with the Dodgers that are now paying attention and watching their games. I, however, have no issue with that. It happens everywhere when a team gets as hot as LA is right now.
Originally posted by Amir:

so it's okay when a east coast guy (all his life since coming to US) is a niners fan but not when he's a dodgers fan???

dude don't pretend you didn't start this thread to piss off Rubber as well as all the other Giants fans. Also because I deleted that stupid Dodger girls are better than Giants girls thread.

Please bro.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Dodgers have done well with attendance largely because they are in the 2nd most populated area in the country and have beautiful weather. Also, they have had competitive teams for the most part.

Lets be real. There are ton of fans like you that have had little interest in anything having to do with the Dodgers that are now paying attention and watching their games. I, however, have no issue with that. It happens everywhere when a team gets as hot as LA is right now.

I have no problem with that characterization.

My apologies. You're right, I did misconstrue. Norcals generally like to paint Socals as being "bandwagon" fans, while considering themselves true die hards of their team, and that's what I thought your angle was. I saw too many Niner games on TV and a few in person where other team's fans were dominating ours at the Stick during the down years to be willing to hear that noise. My bad.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
dude don't pretend you didn't start this thread to piss off Rubber as well as all the other Giants fans. Also because I deleted that stupid Dodger girls are better than Giants girls thread.

Please bro.

initially yes but i'm really starting to dig the dodgers now. and lol at you thinking im mad at you for deleting the "dodgers girls" thread. i could care less about that. ive had many a threads deleted.
And yes Pete, I'm salty.

My team is defending their title by eating truckloads of steaming s**t, while their rival the Dodgers went out and bought themselves a playoff birth and they're all I hear about everywhere I go.

I'm salty and proud of it.

At least I have a vested interest come playoff time.
Originally posted by Amir:

Please bro.

initially yes but i'm really starting to dig the dodgers now. and lol at you thinking im mad at you for deleting the "dodgers girls" thread. i could care less about that. ive had many a threads deleted.

Meh.

Have fun.

Share 49ersWebzone