There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

spurs over heat in 6
Congrats to the spurs. I think they're only chance is hoping indiana can pull off a miracle against the heat.
Didn't see that sweep coming
TMac finally going to the Finals
Heat over Spurs in 5
I want Miami. Everyone's going to predict the Heat in 4 or 5, but unlike what usually happens, the Spurs have gotten better as they've gone deeper into the playoffs. They have exceeded my expectations, especially against Memphis.

I think Miami wins, but still.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
I want Miami. Everyone's going to predict the Heat in 4 or 5, but unlike what usually happens, the Spurs have gotten better as they've gone deeper into the playoffs. They have exceeded my expectations, especially against Memphis.

I think Miami wins, but still.

If Miami makes it to the Finals...it should be a pretty good finals. When you got a coach like Pop, you always have a chance. He will have 10 days to figure out how to play against Miami...so I don't think it will be a short series.
Damn, the Spurs shocked everyone. Those guys are peaking now... maybe, if the Heat series goes six or seven, a semi long layoff will do more harm than good for the Spurs.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by crabman82:
refs in the nba are what makes it hard to watch sometimes. the amount of calls super stars get borders on criminal. they're great players, they dont need the extra help. teams like my 2004 pistons are rare where you win without a true star.

They get calls because they're typically faster and smarter, not because the refs are sucking up. Go play against someone better than you and see how often you foul them.

you see dozens of plays a game where on one end the superstar gets the call, but an identical play on the other end is considered great tough D. think there was a stretch this year where lebron went like 5 or 8 games without being called for a foul or something like that. great player indeed, but wtf is that s**t? cant tell me he didnt commit 1 foul in that many games.

So there was stuff you think maybe happened? Sounds cool, man.

as a pistons fan i know ben wallace was given the benefit of the doubt a lot on D and cus of that was given the ability to play it more aggressive knowing the refs know thats big ben wallace the defensive all star so they dont blow the whistle when they would probably blow the whistle on an identical play if it were say someone like kwame brown or whatever. i can admit my team benefitted from the nba's star treatment in that regard. not sure why its so hard for the lebron fan boys (or fan boys of the other stars) to admit it. 6 games without a foul? lol its crazy, he fouled someone at least once in one of those 6 games.
refs in the nba are what makes it hard to watch sometimes. the amount of calls super stars get borders on criminal. they're great players, they dont need the extra help. teams like my 2004 pistons are rare where you win without a true star.

They get calls because they're typically faster and smarter, not because the refs are sucking up. Go play against someone better than you and see how often you foul them.

you see dozens of plays a game where on one end the superstar gets the call, but an identical play on the other end is considered great tough D. think there was a stretch this year where lebron went like 5 or 8 games without being called for a foul or something like that. great player indeed, but wtf is that s**t? cant tell me he didnt commit 1 foul in that many games.

So there was stuff you think maybe happened? Sounds cool, man.

as a pistons fan i know ben wallace was given the benefit of the doubt a lot on D and cus of that was given the ability to play it more aggressive knowing the refs know thats big ben wallace the defensive all star so they dont blow the whistle when they would probably blow the whistle on an identical play if it were say someone like kwame brown or whatever. i can admit my team benefitted from the nba's star treatment in that regard. not sure why its so hard for the lebron fan boys (or fan boys of the other stars) to admit it. 6 games without a foul? lol its crazy, he fouled someone at least once in one of those 6 games
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn, the Spurs shocked everyone. Those guys are peaking now... maybe, if the Heat series goes six or seven, a semi long layoff will do more harm than good for the Spurs.

There is a long layoff regardless. I saw the commercial for NBA finals - Game 1 will in on June 6th.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
as a pistons fan i know ben wallace was given the benefit of the doubt a lot on D and cus of that was given the ability to play it more aggressive knowing the refs know thats big ben wallace the defensive all star so they dont blow the whistle when they would probably blow the whistle on an identical play if it were say someone like kwame brown or whatever. i can admit my team benefitted from the nba's star treatment in that regard. not sure why its so hard for the lebron fan boys (or fan boys of the other stars) to admit it. 6 games without a foul? lol its crazy, he fouled someone at least once in one of those 6 games.

I'm not really sure what your conclusion is...so you think refs went into those 6 games and told their crew not to call a foul on Lebron?

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter if you're a super-star or not, not every foul you commit will be called. I've seen every single Lebron James game this season and sometimes he gets calls and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't get a lot of calls because he gets the Shaq treatment from the refs because he can absorb a lot of contact. In comparison, I believe Wade gets a lot of calls because he is smaller and is often off-balance when he gets hit.

Of course, if you're a super-star you will get the benefit of doubt more often than not. Fanboys, team-mates, coaches are like that too. When there is a 50-50 call or even 40-60 call, they feel their guy didn't commit the foul. So, are the haters. The guy they hate, they think he should be called for more fouls on those 50-50 plays.

All of this leads to more attn being paid to plays when super-star is involved in a bad call. So, ppl tend to remember it.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sacniner:

There is a long layoff regardless. I saw the commercial for NBA finals - Game 1 will in on June 6th.

Miami has home court so the layoff rust for the Spurs wont have as much pressure if the Spurs were at home.

Funny how the same guys who picked Memphis are not giving the Spurs any chance vs MIA. Remember when Spurs had little chance vs DET but had to beat them for the West since the Lakers couldn't. Dobo, you dont think this is one of the stronger Spurs squad ever? We have two Blwen type of players and Duncan has a very nice bounce in his step. Parkers jumper combined with his usual skills is nearly unguardable. The defense is playing awesome an the interior passing is a pleasant surprise. If MIA makes it, they gonna have to grow up a little to beat SA.
SA in 7 vs Heat-in 4 vs IND.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
7th seed decimated by injuries, 6th seed, 5th seed. Let's not get too carried away, Spurs fans.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
7th seed decimated by injuries, 6th seed, 5th seed. Let's not get too carried away, Spurs fans.

Carry this, bro.