LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Saying the NBA is "fixed" is a huge statement. Of course, not every game, series, draft is fixed. That's nonsense. LA, I know you get frustrated being a Laker fan and always hearing that so you want to point out when the Memphis, Indiana types have success. I don't think the NBA is fixed. But, there have been some "fishy" games. Of course, from my perspective, the infamous 2002 game six was fishy as f**k. No I don't have any factual evidence, just from a fan's point of view watching the game. Also, I don't know if the NBA "fixed" that game. Could have been the refs on their own being greedy, or it could have just been one of the worst called games by refs I've seen. Either way, it was extremely unfortunate.

I think every sport has had some weird s**t happen via the refs. Remember the Steelers/Chargers game a couple of years ago? Any time humans have that much power over something, some shadiness and greed can come into play.

Sorry guys, now back to playoffs. I'm looking forward to both series actually. Although, I think the SA/Memphis series is a little more appealing. May go seven. I got Memphis. I think Memphis plays great team defense, and it'll be hard for SA to stop the two bigs down low (Z Bo and Gasol play so damn well together). Miami will win in six. I actually think a Memphis/Miami finals will be pretty good.
refs in the nba are what makes it hard to watch sometimes. the amount of calls super stars get borders on criminal. they're great players, they dont need the extra help. teams like my 2004 pistons are rare where you win without a true star.
Originally posted by crabman82:
refs in the nba are what makes it hard to watch sometimes. the amount of calls super stars get borders on criminal. they're great players, they dont need the extra help. teams like my 2004 pistons are rare where you win without a true star.

They get calls because they're typically faster and smarter, not because the refs are sucking up. Go play against someone better than you and see how often you foul them.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

They get calls because they're typically faster and smarter, not because the refs are sucking up. Go play against someone better than you and see how often you foul them.

What are you taking about.. every player in the nba is the same size and speed. LeBron isn't bigger, faster, stronger, or harder to guard than anyone else. The refs just like him more than other players.

Same with Jordan, dude was just like any other player in the league, luckily the refs liked him more than others and called more fouls in his favor.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on May 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM ]

LOL, so true.
I know people who know people who know refs and it is rigged.

EOD
Suns hire Jeff Hornacek as Head Coach.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9312978/jeff-hornacek-agrees-become-phoenix-suns-head-coach-according-sources
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9312978/jeff-hornacek-agrees-become-phoenix-suns-head-coach-according-sources

This is one dude who I hope has success. Always liked him as a player.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

This is one dude who I hope has success. Always liked him as a player.

Used to root against the Bulls in those finals against the Jazz. I was a fan of John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek. Don't know how good of a coach he is, but good luck to him.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Heat over Spurs in 5. Switch head coaches and it'd be a sweep.

you see dozens of plays a game where on one end the superstar gets the call, but an identical play on the other end is considered great tough D. think there was a stretch this year where lebron went like 5 or 8 games without being called for a foul or something like that. great player indeed, but wtf is that s**t? cant tell me he didnt commit 1 foul in that many games.

you see dozens of plays a game where on one end the superstar gets the call, but an identical play on the other end is considered great tough D. think there was a stretch this year where lebron went like 5 or 8 games without being called for a foul or something like that. great player indeed, but wtf is that s**t? cant tell me he didnt commit 1 foul in that many games.

So there was stuff you think maybe happened? Sounds cool, man.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lebron's streak was 6 games. Last season Nash went 11 games without a foul called for Suns.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Lebron's streak was 6 games. Last season Nash went 11 games without a foul called for Suns.

Yeah but Nash went 82 without playing defense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yeah but Nash went 82 without playing defense.

lol good point
Share 49ersWebzone