There are 189 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I didn't read what you just put. That Series was 10+ years ago. The Kings got raped by the Refs that day.-

Of course you didn't read it. It's easier to play the victim card than to actually deal with reality. Yes, that series was 10+ years ago, and YOU guys are the ones that won't let it go, or even recognize the mountain of evidence that shows how ridiculous you sound.

That was everyone's imagination that day. I'm sure NEW evidence has cleared that day. No one ever brings it up now.

No, certainly not imagination. More like a nice mix of cognitive dissonance and a convenient boogeyman. Don't get me wrong...the calls favored the Lakers that day, but not by that much (as Roland Beech's review with 3 professional officials shows), and it certainly didn't cut across the entire series, as evidenced by events Games 5 & 7.

This may sound crazy, but sometimes a team gets the benefit of the refs whistles, and it doesn't necessarily mean that there's some vast conspiracy going on. Nights like tonights Pacers/Knicks game happen ALL the time, but no one cares when it doesn't fit the narrative.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Any half court 3s clearly after the buzzer? How many 4th quarter FTs for the Pacers? 27?

That was Game 4, where the Kings choked away a 24 point lead, not Game 6.

No, only a 15-3 4th quarter FT advantage for the Pacers tonight.

http://www.82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

Never seen a Kings fan respond to this.

Oh so choking means that the other team should get extra points. Makes perfect sense. Horry's 3 shouldn't have meant s**t if the refs were watching the game. I guess 27 FTs is a lot for one team in a 4th quarter then, huh?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Any half court 3s clearly after the buzzer? How many 4th quarter FTs for the Pacers? 27?

That was Game 4, where the Kings choked away a 24 point lead, not Game 6.

No, only a 15-3 4th quarter FT advantage for the Pacers tonight.

http://www.82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

Never seen a Kings fan respond to this.

Again, I didn't read your s**t/link.

Did you not watch that game that day? All the stuff you are spouting screams of guilt. like I said before.. YOU KNOW.
Again, I didn't read your s**t/link.

Did you not watch that game that day? All the stuff you are spouting screams of guilt. like I said before.. YOU KNOW.

LOL...no guilt. I didn't even bring up '02. You did.

But if you're gonna bring up the same ol' garbage, I'm going to bring up the same ol' stuff (that you guys never even read, because it might force you to deal with reality) that picks it apart.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM ]
  • IT21
  • IT21
I don't know about you guys, but I still think the NBA draft lottery is rigged
LOL...no guilt. I didn't even bring up '02. You did.

But if you're gonna bring up the same ol' garbage, I'm going to bring up the same ol' stuff (that you guys never even read, because it might force you to deal with reality) that picks it apart.

You brought it up actually. The NBA doesn't favor Big Markets because of the Free Throws for Indiana vs New York.
Anyway, I'll end tonight with this.. I watched that game, you watched that game. lol YOU KNOW
You brought it up actually. The NBA doesn't favor Big Markets because of the Free Throws for Indiana vs New York.

No, I didn't bring up '02.

Yes, I did bring up that the NBA isn't rigged. This Indiana vs. New York is just the latest example of many. People b***h about FT discrepancies incessantly when it involves a big market, and completely ignore it when it favors a small market, like it did tonight. If it were the other way around this evening, people would be screaming bloody murder.

Shaquille O'Neal, come on down to the big city of....Orlando!
Tim Duncan, let's send you to that sports mecca of....San Antonio!
LeBron James, bring us huge ratings in...Cleveland!
Kevin Durant, move us tons of merchandise because we're about to move to...Oklahoma City!
Anyway, I'll end tonight with this.. I watched that game, you watched that game. lol YOU KNOW

I KNOW that you're closing your ears and going "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!! CAN'T HEAR YOU RIGHT NOW!!! LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!" lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Miami's gonna have their hands full if they meet the Pacers. They don't have a Derrick Rose, but they're a carbon copy of the Bulls in how they play.

It will be fun series, but I don't think Pacers can beat Miami 4 times in a series. Of course, it's the playoffs and games have to be played. I just feel they play inconsistent basketball and they are terrible on the road. Roy Hibbert will have to guard Bosh away from the basket and he can't protect the basket like he did against NY. Miami will go small and put Battier on West on defense an they will pull him away from the basket as well. That will neutralize their threat. To counter, Pacers will force-feed the ball to Hibbert (who is wildly inconsistent on offense) and West (who should be able to get quality shots against Battier).

IMO, and it's not backed up any facts, just an educated guess based on 70+ Heat games I watched this season - Miami took the Bulls lightly. They saw a depleted team and they always knew that they will beat them. I expect things will be different against Indiana and you'll see a Miami team that is more focused.
go Pacers, f*ck the Heat
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

It was rigged for the Knicks when they picked Patrick Ewing.
  • IT21
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

It was rigged for the Knicks when they picked Patrick Ewing.

And the bulls for d rose
Cleveland for LeBron
Then Cleveland for when lebron left
New Orleans for Anthony Davis
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home