There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by YungAce:
TONY ALLEN CHOKES

ON KAK

THIS


funny that everyone thought the Gay trade was turrible for the grizzlies
theyre in the WCF doe

Westbrook injury was a key factor though

ORLY? Lol. They still beat the Clipps without him this year when they lost with him last year..
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by YungAce:
TONY ALLEN CHOKES

ON KAK

THIS


funny that everyone thought the Gay trade was turrible for the grizzlies
theyre in the WCF doe

Westbrook injury was a key factor though

ORLY? Lol. They still beat the Clipps without him this year when they lost with him last year..

Pretty sure Westbrook plays for OKC

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Pretty sure Westbrook plays for OKC


My second point I should've hit enter. The ORLY? Was for the Westbrook comment. Of course Westbrook being hurt was an advantage for Memphis. That's kind of an obvious point.
Crazy that OKC is gone
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Pretty sure Westbrook plays for OKC


My second point I should've hit enter. The ORLY? Was for the Westbrook comment. Of course Westbrook being hurt was an advantage for Memphis. That's kind of an obvious point.

Yes, I was stating the obvious. If Westbrook was healthy - Memphis would have been out of the 2nd round with or without Gay. I'd even say they were extremely lucky against Clippers too with Griffin's injury.

Maybe you missed my reply to Memphis9er, but I'm no longer arguing the position that Memphis were better with Gay. He knows a lot more about his team than I do. Before that, with my earlier discussions with you and Pete - I was realizing that you guys are correct in stating that Memphis is a better team after the trade.

FWIW, I agree with your position but completely disagree with your arguments. What happened against the Clippers in 2012 means nothing as far as the discussion on Gay is concerned. Every playoff series is different and every game is different. Using that logic, you could argue that Bulls are just as good without Rose than they are with him because in 2011 playoffs they lost to Miami in 5 games as well.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
will smith at the heat game

wearing a yankees hat.....


I remember seeing 76ers hat...
I get what you're saying 49ml and the Derrick rose point is a good example. But I still think it means something that they beat the Clipps without gay as apposed to losing with him.
I think Miami will win it all over Memphis.

I wish Memphis didn't trade Gay. They're a way better team with him.
Originally posted by jrg:
I think Miami will win it all over Memphis.

I wish Memphis didn't trade Gay. They're a way better team with him.

I see what you're trying to do and I'm not falling for it!

GTFO
Hahahhahaha seriously though

I do think it was a mistake to let him go. Miami would beat them regardless
Durant is a beast, but he couldnt carry OKC on his back. I thought he could
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I get what you're saying 49ml and the Derrick rose point is a good example. But I still think it means something that they beat the Clipps without gay as apposed to losing with him.

Maybe...but we agree - Memphis is better off without Gay. Numbers clearly show they are. Bayliss has been terrific. They will be a tough out for either GS or SA.

If Miami makes it to Final, then Memphis will give them a tough challenge. They sort of remind me of the Pistons who beat the Lakers in the Finals.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Durant is a beast, but he couldnt carry OKC on his back. I thought he could

He is, but OKC should not have gone 2-6 in the playoffs after Westbrook went out. Should have at least played .500 ball. They had trouble against Houston without Westbrook.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Grizzzzzzz

heat vs grizzzzzzz

That's what I want. Will be the most competitive final, IMO.

wish they still had rudy

Ugh we just had this convo

They're better without him.

I think the Pacers and Memphis CAN beat the heat but idk if they will.

The Grizzlies won two of three against the heat this year if I remember correctly.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Durant is a beast, but he couldnt carry OKC on his back. I thought he could

He is, but OKC should not have gone 2-6 in the playoffs after Westbrook went out. Should have at least played .500 ball. They had trouble against Houston without Westbrook.

I totally saw Memphis giving OKC trouble considering they are a talented defensive team and only needed to disrupt Durant. I thought Durant was long enough to beat the pressure with jump shots.

The struggle against Houston was impressive. Houston has a nice core and I see them being very competitive for several years.