LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Do you guys realize everyone in the NBA flops?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

yes but the Spurs made it a focal point of their offense and Miami has turned it into a high art form.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:

yes but the Spurs made it a focal point of their offense and Miami has turned it into a high art form.

There is one player on the roster who is known as a flopper around the league and that's Battier. That's it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by vaden:

There is one player on the roster who is known as a flopper around the league and that's Battier. That's it.

C'mon man. Take off the shades. Wade is well known for falling at the slightest bit of (if any) contact and then crying. I have such little respect for Wade. I have grown to appreciate Lebron a whole heck of a lot more.

I'm not talkin' about what fans think. Among the players, I've not heard a single player call Wade a flopper unless they are tryin' to influence the calls. Wade has always been the guy who weaves in and around players in the paint and gets a lot of ticky-tacky calls. There are times he gets hammered in the paint and doesn't get the call. So, next time he exaggerates contact. That's pretty much a standard for any player who drives to the basket constantly.

He's no different than what Kobe and Jordan in that respect. Those guys always complained to refs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
At the beginning of the 2010-11 season, SI asked 152 players who they thought was the NBA's biggest flopper. With the NBA changing toughening its stance on flopping, SI looks back at the results of this poll.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1104/nba.biggest.flopper/content.1.html#ixzz2Sld41TU3

1. Anderson Varejao
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Luis Scola
4. Derek Fisher
5. Kevin Martin
6. Shane Battier
7. Jarron Collins
8. Raja Bell
9. Jose Barea
10. Andres Nocioni
11. Reggie Evans
12. Corey Maggette
13. Kobe Bryant
14. Paul Pierce
15. Sasha Vujacic

If that poll is taken today, CP3 and Griffin would make it. But, no way Wade or Lebron will make that list. In fact, Lebron has been hit hard on many drives and refs don't call a foul because he is so big and strong. He has been getting the Shaq treatment.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM ]
At the beginning of the 2010-11 season, SI asked 152 players who they thought was the NBA's biggest flopper. With the NBA changing toughening its stance on flopping, SI looks back at the results of this poll.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1104/nba.biggest.flopper/content.1.html#ixzz2Sld41TU3

1. Anderson Varejao
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Luis Scola
4. Derek Fisher
5. Kevin Martin
6. Shane Battier
7. Jarron Collins
8. Raja Bell
9. Jose Barea
10. Andres Nocioni
11. Reggie Evans
12. Corey Maggette
13. Kobe Bryant
14. Paul Pierce
15. Sasha Vujacic

If that poll is taken today, CP3 and Griffin would make it. But, no way Wade or Lebron will make that list. In fact, Lebron has been hit hard on many drives and refs don't call a foul because he is so big and strong. He has been getting the Shaq treatment.

I think this list is a little confused. Kobe isn't a flopper at all. What he does is exaggerate getting fouled. A flop is when you're on defense and flop to get an offensive foul call. Kobe never does that. And before y'all start with the "blah blah blah, you're a Laker homer, it's true. He does a s**t load of the exaggerating getting fouled on offense, but he doesn't flop on D.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

1. Anderson Varejao
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Luis Scola
4. Derek Fisher
5. Kevin Martin
6. Shane Battier
7. Jarron Collins
8. Raja Bell
9. Jose Barea
10. Andres Nocioni
11. Reggie Evans
12. Corey Maggette
13. Kobe Bryant
14. Paul Pierce
15. Sasha Vujacic

I think this list is a little confused. Kobe isn't a flopper at all. What he does is exaggerate getting fouled. A flop is when you're on defense and flop to get an offensive foul call. Kobe never does that. And before y'all start with the "blah blah blah, you're a Laker homer, it's true. He does a s**t load of the exaggerating getting fouled on offense, but he doesn't flop on D.

I agree with you. I was surprised to see Kobe on that list. But, Kobe is the ONLY name on that list that is questionable. Every one of those other guys are genuine floppers.

Like I said early, guards who drive to the basket get fouled often and refs don't call it...because that will slow the game down completely. So, next time those players attack - they exaggerate the contact. Jordan did that, and Wade does that. That's not flopping in my book either. But, outside of Kobe - that list is pretty solid.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by infinite_limit:
That 1st Half was disgusting. It should have been an even game but the refs walked Miami up and down the free throw line. I've watched NBA for 20 years. Typical finesse team gets handed Game 2 at home after a lose.

I just saw the difference in pts scored in the paint. Miami outscored Chicago by 38pts in paint and got 8 more FTs to show for it.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
No game today...boo!!!
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM ]
No game today...boo!!!

I know how annoying. It's supposed to be better scheduled than this...c'mon OKC to Memphis is not that far.

I remember Derrick Rose complaining about receiving hard fouls couple years back. It's playoffs, every great player and coach tries to work the refs in May. Are you sure you've been watching NBA for 20 years?

Atleast you admit James is pound for pound the biggest p***y in NBA History

God, you are insufferable and make terrible points. Please go away, andes, 12321, or whatever previously banned abomination you are.
That 1st Half was disgusting. It should have been an even game but the refs walked Miami up and down the free throw line. I've watched NBA for 20 years. Typical finesse team gets handed Game 2 at home after a lose.

I just saw the difference in pts scored in the paint. Miami outscored Chicago by 38pts in paint and got 8 more FTs to show for it.

The idea that the refs "handed" Miami that game in the first half is a f**kin' joke. The vast majority of what the Bulls were shooting were contested jumpers, because no one could get to the basket. OTOH, Miami was getting to the hoop with regularity. God, I hate these silly complaints that show absolutely no understanding of the game. Basketball isn't supposed to be some equitable sport where both teams get exactly the same amount of calls regardless of the action on the court and everyone holds hands and sings Kumbaya.

I'm not even rooting for Miami. In fact, the idea of them losing to a woefully undermanned Bulls team makes me happy in my pants. But Jesus.

BTW, 4ML...Laker fans have had to deal with stupidity like this for most of their entire lives. Comes with being the best. Have fun!
i didn't watch the game... but i don't know how blame a damn near 40 point loss entirely on the refs lol
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i didn't watch the game... but i don't know how blame a damn near 40 point loss entirely on the refs lol

He was blaming that loss on the refs before the game, lol.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I read somewhere KG will go down as the highest earner (in terms of salary) in NBA history.
Share 49ersWebzone