LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I have seen lot of fans b***hing about fouls during the game. First time I've seen someone b***hing about it before the game. But it's you - so no surprise there.

Last year I remember every time Heat was down in a series (and that happened in 3 out of 4 series) - everyone thought they are done. It's a 7 game series for a reason. Heat got this. Not worried about the Bulls at all even if Rose comes back.

You're not worried about the bulls at all? They beat you in your place without Deng and Hinrich. I'm not saying they'll win the series, but really?
Last year I remember every time Heat was down in a series (and that happened in 3 out of 4 series) - everyone thought they are done. It's a 7 game series for a reason. Heat got this. Not worried about the Bulls at all even if Rose comes back.

Ya, they got this no question. The quality of shots that they got were considerably better than what Chicago got, and will even out over the course of the series.

That being said, Chicago showed the blueprint of how to beat Miami, and it's with great help side defense. Dunno if you caught it, but they also ran some of that Strong Side Zone that I was talking about a while back when LeBron was iso'd on the wing. Chicago's defensive rotations are superb, and Jimmy Butler did a tremendous job of limiting LeBron's drives to the hoop. The angles he were taking were interesting in that he was ball pressuring LeBron, but as soon as he dribbled Butler was surrendering any shot outside of 5 feet. Just let him have it. Credit to Thibodeau for a very well conceived game plan on short notice.

Chicago ultimately doesn't have enough offense to beat Miami in a series, and Indiana (who I think will beat NY) has great rotations, except Hibbert's too slow, IMO. The one team out west that I think can beat Miami is Memphis, because they are very similar to Chicago on the defensive end, but have a little more in terms of weapons on the offensive end.

Either way, I'd be shocked if Miami didn't win it all. Chicago didn't get "lucky" tonight by any means, but I just don't think they can score consistently on the type of looks they were knocking down tonight.
UNF*CKINBELIEVABLE
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

You're not worried about the bulls at all? They beat you in your place without Deng and Hinrich. I'm not saying they'll win the series, but really?

Nope. Heat were super rusty in the first half. Couldn't make wide-open 3 and they got plenty of them. It doesn't matter who is playing and who is missing the game. If Hinrich and Deng were playing, then Nate Ronbinson and Butler wouldn't have scored 48 pts combined.

Yes, I'm not worried about the Bulls. Miami was down 2-1 and playing game 4 at Indiana last year. I'm not going to be worried about a game 1 loss and Heat was playing after a 8 day layoff.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Ya, they got this no question. The quality of shots that they got were considerably better than what Chicago got, and will even out over the course of the series.

That being said, Chicago showed the blueprint of how to beat Miami, and it's with great help side defense. Dunno if you caught it, but they also ran some of that Strong Side Zone that I was talking about a while back when LeBron was iso'd on the wing. Chicago's defensive rotations are superb, and Jimmy Butler did a tremendous job of limiting LeBron's drives to the hoop. The angles he were taking were interesting in that he was ball pressuring LeBron, but as soon as he dribbled Butler was surrendering any shot outside of 5 feet. Just let him have it. Credit to Thibodeau for a very well conceived game plan on short notice.

Chicago ultimately doesn't have enough offense to beat Miami in a series, and Indiana (who I think will beat NY) has great rotations, except Hibbert's too slow, IMO. The one team out west that I think can beat Miami is Memphis, because they are very similar to Chicago on the defensive end, but have a little more in terms of weapons on the offensive end.

Either way, I'd be shocked if Miami didn't win it all. Chicago didn't get "lucky" tonight by any means, but I just don't think they can score consistently on the type of looks they were knocking down tonight.

Yeup...IMO Memphis does have the pieces to really challenge Miami. Had they not traded Gay, I think they would have a pretty decent shot of beating the Heat. Indiana will challenge Miami because of their great defense, rotations, and ability to control the boards...but outside of David West and George, they don't have offensive weapons - so beating them in a 7 game series is going to be tough. Had Granger been healthy - it'd be a pretty close match-up.

I give huge props to Chicago for leaving everything on the floor today and they have done it all season. I'm not taking anything away from them.
Yeup...IMO Memphis does have the pieces to really challenge Miami. Had they not traded Gay, I think they would have a pretty decent shot of beating the Heat. Indiana will challenge Miami because of their great defense, rotations, and ability to control the boards...but outside of David West and George, they don't have offensive weapons - so beating them in a 7 game series is going to be tough. Had Granger been healthy - it'd be a pretty close match-up.

I give huge props to Chicago for leaving everything on the floor today and they have done it all season. I'm not taking anything away from them.

Funny enough, I think Memphis has a chance against Miami partially because they DID trade Gay away. Dunno if they'll get by OKC in the first place though.
Spurs are winning the Title
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Funny enough, I think Memphis has a chance against Miami partially because they DID trade Gay away. Dunno if they'll get by OKC in the first place though.

Why do you think so? He is super clutch and is a pretty damn good scorer. Memphis' only weakness right now is not able to score enough points at the other end.
Why do you think so? He is super clutch and is a pretty damn good scorer. Memphis' only weakness right now is not able to score enough points at the other end.

Gay doesn't get to the free throw line. I don't think he's ''super'' clutch

Rudy gay is a volume scorer who doesn't shoot a particularly good percentage. Didn't really fit with Memphis for what he was making. They do need another person who can create his own shot though. Although Bayless has stepped up for them since that trade.

Also Gay is not clutch. If you watched the Clipps vs Grizz series last year you'd know lulz
[ Edited by marshniners24 on May 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by infinite_limit:

Gay doesn't get to the free throw line. I don't think he's ''super'' clutch

He has hit a lot of clutch shots to win a game in his career.
I still think Memphis beats OKC .
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Rudy gay is a volume scorer who doesn't shoot a particularly good percentage. Didn't really fit with Memphis for what he was making. They do need another person who can create his own shot though. Although Bayless has stepped up for them since that trade.

Also Gay is not clutch. If you watched the Clipps vs Grizz series last year you'd know lulz

Rudy Gay has shot over 45% for his career, and this is the first year he has shot poorly since his rookie year.

One series doesn't determine the clutch-ness
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I still think Memphis beats OKC .

This, go Grizz!
Share 49ersWebzone