• Veteran
This okc Memphis game is starting out UGLY
Originally posted by Tman:
This okc Memphis game is starting out UGLY

Word everyone's missing wide open shots
  • Tman
  • Veteran
19% fg for okc right now lol
Memphis choked that game away. Absolutely awful.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
NBA has to do something about these timeouts. Ridiculous at the end of games.

So no timeouts at the end of the game, when every second is crucial. Good idea.

Didn't say that.

If not that, then what is the "something" that should be done? They give each team a set amount for each half and it's up to them to decide when to use them.

Lower the no. of timeouts given for each half. Make sure Networks can't go to commercials more than a certain time in the last 2 minutes. Make all the timeouts 30 second timeouts in the last two minutes.

That sound like a great way to make less money. And that's not really what pro sports are all about. lol

Well yeah! I was talking strictly from a fans perspective...on how NBA can improve it's product. It's not like NBA is the most popular sport or even close to it - and there are reasons for it.
Well yeah! I was talking strictly from a fans perspective...on how NBA can improve it's product. It's not like NBA is the most popular sport or even close to it - and there are reasons for it.

2002 WCF game 6

/thread
I really like the way Memphis plays...I want them to come out of the West.

I think an awesome old school matchup would be Pacers-Memphis, but we all know Indy isn't making it.

It's not that far off. It's been estimated that 278 million people watched the Finals last year, which is only topped by events that happen every 4 years. (Soccer & Cricket WC's) The NBA's doing very, very well in terms of popularity.
Originally posted by dobophile:
I can't believe the Nets fired PJ. Is Michael Jordan calling the shots in Brooklyn too?

I'd bet that the gigantic commie throws gobs of money at Phil Jackson.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I can't believe the Nets fired PJ. Is Michael Jordan calling the shots in Brooklyn too?

and Dwight Howard

It's not that far off. It's been estimated that 278 million people watched the Finals last year, which is only topped by events that happen every 4 years. (Soccer & Cricket WC's) The NBA's doing very, very well in terms of popularity.

Yeah but that has less to do with the game of basketball and more to do with Lebron James. Can't measure the strength of a league off of one game. I would like to see how the ratio of the regular season games compares.

The late game delays do tend to drag too much. The one thing they can do is not allow a timeout by the other team just after a break/timeout to see how the other team is lined up. They should eliminate allowing the "save my ass" timeouts such as the one before the 5-second inbound or the loose-ball timeout.
Originally posted by valrod33:

and Dwight Howard

He can only throw a set amount at Dwight, and whatever it is, it's $30 million less than the Lakers. That's not to say Dwight wouldn't take it, but you can't just write a blank check for a player.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah but that has less to do with the game of basketball and more to do with Lebron James. Can't measure the strength of a league off of one game. I would like to see how the ratio of the regular season games compares.

The late game delays do tend to drag too much. The one thing they can do is not allow a timeout by the other team just after a break/timeout to see how the other team is lined up. They should eliminate allowing the "save my ass" timeouts such as the one before the 5-second inbound or the loose-ball timeout.

Not sure if you just misspoke, but the NBA Finals are more than just one game.

and Dwight Howard

They won't have cap space.

and Dwight Howard

They won't have cap space.

Share 49ersWebzone