LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

The Masters - USGA Sucks !!!

• Rascal
  • Veteran
1) Giving Tiger a 2 stroke penalty is ridiculous. Why wasn't an official there to advise where the drop spot should have been before he took the drop ?!

2) That 1 stroke penalty to Guan, the 14 year old kid for playing slow is complete BS !! Noone has been penalised for playing slow. There is no way everyone plays their shots within 45 secs. USGA should be ashamed of themselves for bullying a helpless kid like that !!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Joseph Montana ‏@JoeMontana

USGA is full of crap Just like replay in #nfl if you dont catch it when it happens forget it. That would be like going back on a call in the Superbowl that would change the outcome of the game. People cant wait to video and find something wrong with the game. Keep them out of the Game. They are spectators and should stay that way. If the USGA doesn't see it as it happens, too BAD. This is not about Tiger but about Keeping other people out od the game. How many fouls do you see in the #nba that dont get called or holding The day was over and no matter What they say about integrity of the game, it doesn't matter. Notike anyone tries to break the rules. If you don't see it or call it as it Happens too BAD! Its over! In my eyes.... not a good president. Sorry I was angry! Precedent.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Joseph Montana ‏@JoeMontana

USGA is full of crap Just like replay in #nfl if you dont catch it when it happens forget it. That would be like going back on a call in the Superbowl that would change the outcome of the game. People cant wait to video and find something wrong with the game. Keep them out of the Game. They are spectators and should stay that way. If the USGA doesn't see it as it happens, too BAD. This is not about Tiger but about Keeping other people out od the game. How many fouls do you see in the #nba that dont get called or holding The day was over and no matter What they say about integrity of the game, it doesn't matter. Notike anyone tries to break the rules. If you don't see it or call it as it Happens too BAD! Its over! In my eyes.... not a good president. Sorry I was angry! Precedent.

Well said Joe !!

This 3rd round is going to be boring now cos it will be really hard for Tiger to catch up 5 stroks. Sigh...
I disagree. Tiger broke the rule and intentionally dropped the ball further back to give himself an advantage. He is responsible for knowing the rule. He deserved the 2 stroke penalty but not to be DQ'd in my opinion.
So viewers are allowed to call in to the USGA front office and dispute plays? Wish the NFL had this policy during the SB...
Tiger was interviewed and said that he screwed up and should have been given the penalty.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
OK, what about the 14 year old kid then ? Tell me, when was the last time someone got done for playing slow ? Even Ben Crenshaw said the 45 sec rule is arbitrary.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
As for Tiger, aren't there supposed to be officials on site to instruct the players what should be done for the drop ? We have all seen it before, the ball goes into the water hazard, a whole team of officials show up to ensure whichever option the player chooses is proper and doesn't break any rules.
Originally posted by Rascal:
OK, what about the 14 year old kid then ? Tell me, when was the last time someone got done for playing slow ? Even Ben Crenshaw said the 45 sec rule is arbitrary.

I do think the 1 stroke penalty on the kid was BS. Far different situation that Tigers
As for Tiger, aren't there supposed to be officials on site to instruct the players what should be done for the drop ? We have all seen it before, the ball goes into the water hazard, a whole team of officials show up to ensure whichever option the player chooses is proper and doesn't break any rules.

Players are responsible for knowing the rules of the game. He simply screwed up and he admitted as much. He also said that the officials did a "great job" in how they handled it.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Players are responsible for knowing the rules of the game. He simply screwed up and he admitted as much. He also said that the officials did a "great job" in how they handled it.

Including the rule that one must not play at too slow of a pace?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I can guarantee you there are tonnes of players who have taken more than 45 sec before. This is especially true when the weather is bad, players keep changing clubs from clubs. If they want to do it this strict, they should have a shot clock like the NBA or even NFL. Is a joke, I have never ever seen a player got done for playing slow. They just had to do it to a kid, it wasn't exactly like if he was just sitting there playing PSP in between shots or anything.

All of the other Major Championships have walking officials who go around with each group as they play the course in case they need a ruling or have a question about a rule. The Masters, however, does not.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Masters? What am I, 60? I don't wear pleats.
Share 49ersWebzone