LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Is anybody else watching the Champions League?

The Champuons League is the top 4 teams from the European leagues. About 8-9 leagues. The best of the best facing each other with very distinct styles based on culture of the city the teams is from. I love FC Barcelona they play beautiful possession football. GAMES ABOUT TO START! f**kING pumped!
[ Edited by eonblue on Apr 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]
The Champions league is in the quarterfinals. Ita the top 4 teams points wise out of each league. Theres about 8-9 leagues around Europe. The best teams playing their leagues style the best it can be played against the other leagues and their different style The passing gurus of Barcelona are playing the defense stalwarts of Paria saint germaine. Ik only the one that loves soccer?
hate it
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i only pay attention to the World Cup. hate it for three years and love it for one.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
i love soccer.

used to hate it. started playing fifa and subsequently starting watching real soccer.

nothing better than champions league and world cup, IMO.
If only we had an Other Sports place to talk about this? Maybe one day.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol soccer
Originally posted by Garcia:
i love soccer.

used to hate it. started playing fifa and subsequently starting watching real soccer.

nothing better than champions league and world cup, IMO.

Yea I started with the world cup 2006. Its my most favorite sports competition. Highest level of play for sure. Champions league is good too. I think you get to see the best strategy and formation. Euro cup is good too. Whos your favorite team
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Soccer is pretty gay.

Posting this in the Parking Lot and not Other Sports ... very fitting IMO.

this fwiw tbph iykwim
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
best thing about soccer are the international hoes at the games.

It's discussed in the soccer thread. Good games going on now.
Me no likey the soccer.
Originally posted by eonblue:
The Champuons League is the top 4 teams from the European leagues. About 8-9 leagues. The best of the best facing each other with very distinct styles based on culture of the city the teams is from. I love FC Barcelona they play beautiful possession football. GAMES ABOUT TO START! f**kING pumped!

Not a fan of Barcelona tbh, it's boring football and they really struggle to get forward momentum without Messi. Yes they can pass it backwards or sideways a lot but it isn't fun to watch.

This season Borussia Dortmund have been playing some incredible football, really entertaining to watch and their passing is much more attacking focused. They should have beaten Real in the Group stages and absolutely dominated Man City
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kunged:
Not a fan of Barcelona tbh, it's boring football and they really struggle to get forward momentum without Messi. Yes they can pass it backwards or sideways a lot but it isn't fun to watch.

This season Borussia Dortmund have been playing some incredible football, really entertaining to watch and their passing is much more attacking focused. They should have beaten Real in the Group stages and absolutely dominated Man City

You're in a very small minority with that opinion. You may have your own personal opinion, nothing wrong with that but most experts, players, and coaches will tell you that they are the most exciting team to watch since Sacchi's Milan.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by kunged:

You're in a very small minority with that opinion. You may have your own personal opinion, nothing wrong with that but most experts, players, and coaches will tell you that they are the most exciting team to watch since Sacchi's Milan.

I can definitely appreciate that I might be in a minority, but from an entirely subjective study – friends, people I come in contact with day to day - I find there is an increasing feeling that they play a "boring" style of football.
I know that from a technical point of view it is incredible, but I find the small sideways passing boring. I also think that they are getting found out, teams are learning how to combat it and there are several ways - Chelsea's sit back and defend or Madrid's speedy wide play to name a few that have been successful recently. Most of their big scores rely on getting an early goal and teams having to chase the game, which plays into their hands. Their inability to change their style of play has cost them.
Share 49ersWebzone