There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by captveg:
Great to see the team hitting well again. Cespedes has raised his average to .243, Donaldson is almost at .300 again (.299), Barton is over .300 since returning and has also played excellent defense, and Coco is tearing it up along with Moss. Even Young is up to .201 for the first time in months.

Anyone else you want me to talk s*** about? Whether it's an individual player (Cespedes, Nerd, Barton, etc.) or the team itself, every time I go glass-half-empty on them they go on a tear.

Re: Rangers series: Just Don't Get Swept. Even if they lose 2/3, they'd be leaving on Sunday with a decent 2.5 game lead with 13 to go.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by captveg:
Great to see the team hitting well again. Cespedes has raised his average to .243, Donaldson is almost at .300 again (.299), Barton is over .300 since returning and has also played excellent defense, and Coco is tearing it up along with Moss. Even Young is up to .201 for the first time in months.

Anyone else you want me to talk s*** about? Whether it's an individual player (Cespedes, Nerd, Barton, etc.) or the team itself, every time I go glass-half-empty on them they go on a tear

You should badmouth Straily before tonight's start.
A's will likely need 10 runs to win tonight it seems....
The A's have just blown a 7 run lead... holy s**t.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
The A's have just blown a 7 run lead... holy s**t.

Yeah but they took the lead back
They never lost the lead, thanks to a pretty bad blown call by the 3rd base ump. But yeah, a pretty stressful game.

But hey, the division lead is 4.5 games and the magic number is 12.
Nice win but jesus christ our bullpen is a mess. Brett Anderson is sucking hard. Cook and Doolittle are becoming more and more inconsistent.
Nice win but jesus christ our bullpen is a mess. Brett Anderson is sucking hard. Cook and Doolittle are becoming more and more inconsistent.

crazy ending
fell asleep in the 6th thinking the game was over, woke up in the bottom of the 9th only up by 1

hate when I do that lol
double post

hate when I do that too lol
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Sep 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]

Frickin A's, right as the starting pitching is doing great and bats have come alive, the bullpen has gone full gas can. I knew Melvin would lose some faith in Balfour. A month or so ago NO WAY Doolittle starts the 9th in a 1-run game. But on the bright side, 4.5 game lead with 15 to go.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Great to see Colon back to form after the injury. At 40 years old, he's had one of the most impressive pitching seasons in the last decade.

108 pitches through 8. As shaky as Balfour has been, I'd rather not push Colon any further with the playoffs coming up.
Nice!

Two 1-0 wins in Texas this year. Pretty remarkable. 5.5 game lead, magic #10.

I'm so glad that slump in early August is in the rear view mirror.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
wow, after starting out 8-1, Rangers now 14-15 in Yu's starts this year, losing 6 straight.
[ Edited by vaden on Sep 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
Put these fools away tomorrow! Slam the door shut!!!