There are 877 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
As TERRIBLE as this team has been, we're only two out with a month & a half to go. Seven hits in 11 innings (NERDPOWER had two of um)

Yeah, but I think we need to somehow add a bat. I dont know how possible or likely that is now

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we got Soriano as our DH . He has 25 homers and 75 RBI, both would lead our team. And Young/Smith both suck
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
As TERRIBLE as this team has been, we're only two out with a month & a half to go. Seven hits in 11 innings (NERDPOWER had two of um)

Yeah, but I think we need to somehow add a bat. I dont know how possible or likely that is now

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we got Soriano as our DH . He has 25 homers and 75 RBI, both would lead our team. And Young/Smith both suck

I know that Justin Morneau's name has been brought up. But word is that the Twins want A TON in order to let him go. He's a free agent after the season. Had some injury issues over the past couple of seasons, but has started to pick it up over the last month or so.

Soriano would have been nice, but he has that no-trade clause. I doubt that he would have come here over a return stay in NYC.
I hope the magic isn't fizzling out.
Sonny Gray is pitching great

I still cant believe we only scored 1 run in 11 innings off that s**tty asstros yesterday

I still cant believe we only scored 1 run in 11 innings off that s**tty asstros yesterday

Me either. I'm having a hard time remembering if they won a series since the All-star break. An eight game swing in one month is terrible.
Big Nate Freiman providing Spark to this lineup today.
O Runs, 3 Hits, 8 K's for Gray through 7 innings
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]

hope he's here to stay
Big Nate Freiman providing Spark to this lineup today.

He needs to play more.

hope he's here to stay

Same here. After this start, I can't see him going back down. Especially when we're so close to call-up time.

They really should skip Bartolo's start this weekend.
you know what really sucks?

this team would have a very bright future if lew wolf wasnt a cheap ass.
you know what really sucks?

this team would have a very bright future if lew wolf wasnt a cheap ass.

Who?

Oh...him. Yeah, F*********k him, B

[ Edited by DaDDieO on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]

Local guy around my parts. Was a standout in football (QB) and baseball. Pitched collegiate locally. Pretty good in that level too.
Originally posted by robniner:

Local guy around my parts. Was a standout in football (QB) and baseball. Pitched collegiate locally. Pretty good in that level too.

I heard one of his pre-game interviews. He said that he always loved football more...but was a better baseball player overall.
Iucky to win this game, the indians left 12 on base