LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by captveg:
Welp, I think this team is done. A month straight of bad fundamentals and and bad luck. I dont think theyll make the postseason.

Agreed. It was fun while it lasted.
How many effing times can this team possibly have a runner on 2nd with no outs and fail to even move him over the 3rd, let alone SCORE. They're going to get swept at home by the Astros and then totally gack this homestand. This will be the stretch of games where the Rangers pull away and never look back.
team sucks. pathetic.
We've been waiting for somebody in this lineup to get hot and stay Hot. If that somebody is Eric Sogard, you have serious issues at the plate. I love Chili Davis, but I can't understand why we're so horrible at situational hitting.
we f**king suck
we're not gonna win anything without adding at least 1 more bat
Callaspo had two opportunities to lay the bunt down tonight. Double Fail
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Aug 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
Callaspo should have never been asked to bunt. Hes a contact hitter who has just won two games with late inning hits, and you have him bunt?! And the 2nd time you have him bunt when he nearly popped up the bunt for an out the last time?

Terrible decision.

The team is DONE. Theres zero coming back from this. Theyll end up with about 87-88 wins and 2-3 teams behind for the 2nd wild card.
Pressure is on Gray tomorrow to elude the sweep from the Lastros.
As TERRIBLE as this team has been, we're only two out with a month & a half to go. Seven hits in 11 innings (NERDPOWER had two of um)
The most disappointing thing isnt so much the losing but how joyless this last month has been. Even in games they win they look so stressed by it. Before then win or lose this team could be seen enjoying thier play. Its a huge part of why last year was so entertaining to watch.

Criterion better announce some great releases for November tomorrow to cheer me up....
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM ]

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
As TERRIBLE as this team has been, we're only two out with a month & a half to go. Seven hits in 11 innings (NERDPOWER had two of um)

Yeah, but I think we need to somehow add a bat. I dont know how possible or likely that is now

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we got Soriano as our DH . He has 25 homers and 75 RBI, both would lead our team. And Young/Smith both suck
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

Yeah, but I think we need to somehow add a bat. I dont know how possible or likely that is now

I never thought I'd say this but I wish we got Soriano as our DH . He has 25 homers and 75 RBI, both would lead our team. And Young/Smith both suck

I know that Justin Morneau's name has been brought up. But word is that the Twins want A TON in order to let him go. He's a free agent after the season. Had some injury issues over the past couple of seasons, but has started to pick it up over the last month or so.

Soriano would have been nice, but he has that no-trade clause. I doubt that he would have come here over a return stay in NYC.
I hope the magic isn't fizzling out.
Sonny Gray is pitching great

I still cant believe we only scored 1 run in 11 innings off that s**tty asstros yesterday
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Sonny Gray is pitching great

I still cant believe we only scored 1 run in 11 innings off that s**tty asstros yesterday

Me either. I'm having a hard time remembering if they won a series since the All-star break. An eight game swing in one month is terrible.
Share 49ersWebzone