There are 157 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

If Reddick can use this game to feel comfortable and no longer press the way he's been the last couple months of the season could be good for him. I'd be more than happy to see him finish the year raising his average to .235+ and hitting 15-17 HRs since it would mean a solid final 50 games.
Also, how awesome would it be if Lowrie hit for the cycle (needs a triple) and Reddick hit 4 hrs in the same game?
GOT DAMN

reddick plz get and stay hot
Jose Bautista just gave Sonny a warm (starting) welcome to the Majors
REDDICK AGAIN!!!!!!
Reddick is eating the Blue Jays alive!
Well the A's may officially give up first with that loss. Texas gets the Astros. Disappointing.
Reddick HRs aside the offense went back into its "terrible in RBI situations" shell. But the infield defense has also been worse than usual lately and that also cost them again today.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM ]
What did you guys think of Gray in his first start?

He appeared to be super nervous during the early innings, but settled down in the mid innings. He had a couple of pitch sequences that were impressive.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
What did you guys think of Gray in his first start?

He appeared to be super nervous during the early innings, but settled down in the mid innings. He had a couple of pitch sequences that were impressive.

I didnt watch, been busy all week and I've missed this series. But just looking at the box score it looks like the defense didnt give him any help and he settled in late in the game, struck 5 of the last 6 batters he faced?

I say give him another start. Id take him over Milone at this point

Defensive and RISP failures are the story of the 2nd half. Just atrocious.
We're just going through a slump. Happens to every team. We'll be fine. Texas was slumping earlier which enabled us to build up our 5 game division lead.
Three out of 4 in Toronto would be NICE. We have Houston, a slumping Cleveland team, and Seattle coming up over the next 10 days.
Today's lineup:

Young 8
Lowrie 6
Donaldson DH
Cespedes 7
Frieman 3
Reddick 9
Callaspo 5
Vogt 2
Sogard 4

Dan Straily on the hill.
The Callaspo trade paying dividends today. 2 doubles and 2 RBI's today, to go along with his 2 hits and 2 RBI's yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone