There are 259 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Oakland A's thread

0 offense. ..
Offense is piss right now.
Ok, as soon as the Astros series is over Beane needs to trade Young for any type of hitter that has +.250 average (even if giving up power). Maybe Ichiro is available?

In any case, 1-2 new bats are needed, and soon. Green doesnt look like hes ready yet so a Righty 2B/SS and another outfielder (see above) is needed, pronto. Batting .204 with a .272 OBP in July is terrible.
Really CJ Wilson?
Originally posted by captveg:
Ok, as soon as the Astros series is over Beane needs to trade Young for any type of hitter that has +.250 average (even if giving up power). Maybe Ichiro is available?

In any case, 1-2 new bats are needed, and soon. Green doesnt look like hes ready yet so a Righty 2B/SS and another outfielder (see above) is needed, pronto. Batting .204 with a .272 OBP in July is terrible.

Seriously, we shouldn't lose any games when our pitching only gives up 2 runs against the angels
Colon was on fire today! Go A's!!!!
Lol the angels are garbo
A's back on track!
It has become more evident that we need a real second baseman. Sogard is a nice guy and has a decent glove but we need more offensive production from that spot (I know he hit the homer today).
Sogard is good for his part of the platoon, though one could upgrade. The real hurt on the 2B spot is when they face lefty pitchers.
Originally posted by captveg:
Sogard is good for his part of the platoon, though one could upgrade. The real hurt on the 2B spot is when they face lefty pitchers.

Right. That's really ok with me. Grant Green isn't going to cut it. They need to bring in a real veteran who is capable of leading us at 2B through a playoff run ala Stephen drew last year.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jul 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Right. That's really ok with me. Grant Green isn't going to cut it. They need to bring in a real veteran who is capable of leading us at 2B through a playoff run ala Stephen drew last year.

I don't want to make a decision after 4 games and 12 at bats, but Grant Green is pretty disappointing.. Dude was supposed to have a really good bat and be sub par defensively, and he's been sub par everything. He looks like a scrub out there lol. 0 hits and 6 Ks in 12 at bats.

Maybe we should've brought Green up earlier to give him a chance, because the trade deadline is in 9 days and I don't think Beane is going to let this team fail at 2B like this. Beane knows that this team is good, that they can win a championship now, and he knows it's not gonna last forever. If he doesn't make a deal for a second baseman I'll be really, really surprised. I expect him to be aggressive.

We needed a SS last season and he grabbed Drew, who was Decent.
I never thought I'd say this but I kinda miss Mark Ellis. At least he was a great fielder lol
Originally posted by captveg:
Ok, as soon as the Astros series is over Beane needs to trade Young for any type of hitter that has +.250 average (even if giving up power). Maybe Ichiro is available?

In any case, 1-2 new bats are needed, and soon. Green doesnt look like hes ready yet so a Righty 2B/SS and another outfielder (see above) is needed, pronto. Batting .204 with a .272 OBP in July is terrible.

we shall take him , we will give you Torres, Tanaka, and Francour
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we shall take him , we will give you Torres, Tanaka, and Francour

1 scrub for 3 scrubs?
DEAL
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,395
Just watched Moneyball again.

I must say, if the Giants are out of it, I really really hope the A's win the World Series. Impossible to not root for Billy Beane and Co.