LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

JOSH f**kING DONALDSON! how do you like that!
Donaldson annihilated that ball.

Not an all-star.
Mind blown

"@JaneMLB: So the A's nearly landed Brandon Workman in a Rich Harden deal in 2011. Who did they get when they traded Harden in 2008? Josh Donaldson."
Hits game tying homerun
Hits walkoff single

Lol not an all star
NOT AN ALL-STAR
Originally posted by captveg:
NOT AN ALL-STAR

Cabrera, Machado, Longoria, Beltre....Donaldson is having an all-star caliber season, but theres just too many great AL 3B. Not all of them can go unless theres some drop outs.
Thank god the A's won. It would have been a long 4 day break if the A's would have gotten no hit and lost lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
NOT AN ALL-STAR

Cabrera, Machado, Longoria, Beltre....Donaldson is having an all-star caliber season, but theres just too many great AL 3B. Not all of them can go unless theres some drop outs.

The fact Machado made it over Donaldson, Longo and Beltre is an absolute joke.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
NOT AN ALL-STAR

The fact Machado made it over Donaldson, Longo and Beltre is an absolute joke.

Machado is hitting .310 with 128 hits, 45 rbis, and has 39 doubles. 39 doubles at the break! That is insane.

Not to mention hes the best defensive 3B in baseball, and has arguably been the best defensive player altogether. Its not a joke at all.
NOT AN ALL-STAR

I think it's ridiculous that the best player on the team with the best record in the AL isn't in the game. He should've made it over Machado
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM ]

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
NOT AN ALL-STAR

I think it's ridiculous that the best player on the team with the best record in the AL isn't in the game. He should've made it over Machado

Like I said, Machado definately deserves to be there. Hes on pace for 216 hits and 66 doubles, and has been the best defensive 3B in baseball. Hes on par with the very best defenders at any position. Plus he just turned 21, and is going to be a star for years to come. You can say Donaldson should be there, but so should Machado. A couple guys had to be left out.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
NOT AN ALL-STAR

Like I said, Machado definately deserves to be there. Hes on pace for 216 hits and 66 doubles, and has been the best defensive 3B in baseball. Hes on par with the very best defenders at any position. Plus he just turned 21, and is going to be a star for years to come. You can say Donaldson should be there, but so should Machado. A couple guys had to be left out.
I think Machado deserves to be there. I also think more than two 3rd basemen deserve to be there given the depth of deserving 3Bmen in the AL right now.
And nice to see the A's continue to take series' even with our bats in a deep slump. Our bats have carried our pitching for a good part of the year so it's nice to see the pitching carry our offense now.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
And nice to see the A's continue to take series' even with our bats in a deep slump. Our bats have carried our pitching for a good part of the year so it's nice to see the pitching carry our offense now.

Should all come together soon, hopefully when I see them in Anaheim this upcoming weekend.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Should all come together soon, hopefully when I see them in Anaheim this upcoming weekend.

Yup, thing is the A's are a 2nd half team and they just tore it up in the 1st half. The rest of the MLB should be scared
Hopefully Reddick and Cespedes half a strong 2nd half. Cespedes is a lot better than he's playing, I think he'll hit better than .220 post all star break as well as Reddick. Anderson should come back around August too.

I wouldn't mind adding another quality RP and maybe a second baseman if Green doesn't produce. Other than that were pretty much set The pitching depth on this team is crazy. We have 7 talented SPs lol
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone